Robinho

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Robinho

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:15 pm

According to spanish news paper DiarioSport robiniho is becoming unsettled at the club at the lack of games. now the agent of robiniho wants to clear the air with madrid but should their be a chance wenger is going to take it and try get robiniho to come to ashburton grove. if this is the case what are your views?
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Robinho

Postby Fordy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:16 pm

Forget it, he would cost a lot never going to happen.
Fordy

Postby chrisbishop69 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:26 pm

i dont particularly think he would be any gd in england i dont rate him to highly i think he will just be another beast or adriano
Chris is Cool
chrisbishop69
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:30 pm

TBH if Robinho was going to come to Arsenal he would have done so when Wenger went in for him a few years ago, but he opted for Madrid instead.

Id be happy to try have him on loan though, just to see if he could cut it over here.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby dialsquare » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:52 pm

He is a very different player to the beast. Who by the way is not a bad player, it just didn't really work for him here in one season. personally I would like him to have stayed for another year to see if he could settle, he showed glimpses which is all Adebayor did in his first year.

The question with this sort of small, skillfull player is can the cut it in the PL?
dialsquare
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:59 pm

yes he doenst look very well built size wise for the prem but i dont think its fair to assume he will not be a very good player. People think that the prem is the only physcial league but spain can be quite rough and physcial i mean i watch quite a bit of spanish football and they have rash challenges and pushing players around just like in our league ( though maybe not as much)
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:59 pm

dialsquare wrote:He is a very different player to the beast. Who by the way is not a bad player, it just didn't really work for him here in one season. personally I would like him to have stayed for another year to see if he could settle, he showed glimpses which is all Adebayor did in his first year.

The question with this sort of small, skillfull player is can the cut it in the PL?

Totally agree about The Beast I think he's a really good player that just didn't quite get the hang of it in his first season.
He was actually more dangerous than Ade was in that season but we didn't end up buying him, allegedly because they wanted too much for him.

Anyway the idea of getting a striker on loan is a good one because it covers for Eduardo but it also means that we don't have to keep him when Eduardo returns to form.
Whether it should be Robinho or not I don't know. Haven't seen enough of him lately.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:33 pm

the beast was and is crap, look at him for madrid, his first touch is chronic

how he gets to play for such clubs as madrid and arsenal is beyond me

saying that, i still like th guy hes a sort of joke figure (in a nice way)

CANT SEE ROBINHO COMING TO US.
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:02 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:the beast was and is crap, look at him for madrid, his first touch is chronic

As far as I'm aware he doesn't get regular games for Madrid and that affects your confidence and your ability to gel nicely with the team.
Arsene could've turned him into an even better beast imo but he never got the chance.

In the season that he played for us I saw glimpses of his natural talent and the potential that he could've reached.
For example, the four goals he scored against Liverpoo and the powerful run right through the middle of the whole Manure team when he literally bulldozed the lot of them.
These weren't flukey moments imo. These were examples of what he's capable of in the right situation with the right manager and some patient fans.
If Madrid hadn't asked so much for him Wenger might've bought him you never know....
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby dialsquare » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:06 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:the beast was and is crap, look at him for madrid, his first touch is chronic

CANT SEE ROBINHO COMING TO US.

I can't get with that dude, granted he wasn't the best but I have seen enough quality in him to see why he has played for two of the worlds best club and the worlds best international team. Plus he was a bloody hard worker and looks scary
dialsquare
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby sithlordwebb72 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:57 pm

real madrid r the sort of side we need to beat.
to be the best u hav 2 beat the best, surely buying their shocking cast offs wont help?
and...
Robinho is a good player... but wen Real as a team r good...as is The Beast.
as is Adebayor with Arsenal... etc
we need a player who can pull us through games wen we r rubbish.

LOVE ARSENAL? HATE USMANOV!
sithlordwebb72
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby SE13 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:37 pm

The rumour mill goes the full circle!

Can't see him coming to Arsenal. He had the chance a couple or three seasons ago, and opted elsewhere. I can't really see Wenger chasing him up a second time. And I doubt he would sign anyway.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Cheese » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:32 pm

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooner_peter » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:21 pm

robinho would get killed by defenders over here.
we need to get a proper striker,
gooner_peter
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby sithlordwebb72 » Sun May 18, 2008 4:13 pm

just found this on realmadrid.com

interview with Bernt Schuster...

What do you think about Robinho’s name being rumoured as part of the ‘Cristiano Ronaldo operation’?
Robinho is not going to leave. He and Robben are very important for us on the left wing. We will have to improve on what we already have to do better in the Champions League next year. That’s why I think Robinho won’t leave.

i know this is a bit of an old thread but i though maybe worth a post?

LOVE ARSENAL? HATE USMANOV!
sithlordwebb72
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Next

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill