Jack Grealish

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Jack Grealish

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:14 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:If grealish was so good then why have united pulled out ? He’s basically begging to play for them and they’ve said nah f**k it.

Media hype has inflated his price. At 40m he’s probably be a decent signing but he’s also a little arrogant w***er.

Amen.

Damn right he's over hyped, just like Maguire was.

Wtf has he done to warrant this £80m or even £60m??

He's a £40m player and even that's generous, I think £35m is solid.

CM's don't usually go for more than £50m unless your a WC CAM like DeBruyne or top 5 CM in Europe i.e Pogba.

To even attempt to put Jack Grealish in that category is a laughing stock of an opinion.

Grealish is an excellent player, but I have to agree - 35m would be the top end of what he is worth.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Sims » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:16 pm

I think he’d be great in this 8/10 hybrid role that we’d be using next season in a 433/4231

But can’t see us coughing up the cash required
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby KG3 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:17 pm

He’s just another version of Wilshere, Barkley, Davies, Alli the list goes on another overhyped English midfielder that won’t reach world class heights

We are better of using our limited funds on Cabellos more talented and cheaper

Pep said it best a few years back that Barcelona have plenty of kids like this in their academy and most of them don’t make it as you can tell by their spending habits on midfielders lol
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:22 pm

KG3 wrote:He’s just another version of Wilshere, Barkley, Davies, Alli the list goes on another overhyped English midfielder that won’t reach world class heights

Pep said it best a few years back that Barcelona have plenty of kids like this in their academy and most of them don’t make it as you can tell by their spending habits on midfielders lol

I'd rate him considerably ahead of Ceballos
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Callum » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:15 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
KG3 wrote:He’s just another version of Wilshere, Barkley, Davies, Alli the list goes on another overhyped English midfielder that won’t reach world class heights

Good thing Ceballos is 40-50m cheaper then
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:35 pm

Callum wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Good thing Ceballos is 40-50m cheaper then

yep - value equation - Ceballos easily.
It would be a sad day if we sent 80m on Grealish.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:43 am

You know you've sh*t the bed if even Manchester "we pay any price" Utd has turned it down.

That's you priced out the market..........unless that's Villas plan, if so then well played.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:07 am

DiamondGooner wrote:You know you've sh*t the bed if even Manchester "we pay any price" Utd has turned it down.

That's you priced out the market..........unless that's Villas plan, if so then well played.

Villa have no need or intention to sell, providing Grealish doesn't kick up a fuss. He's their talisman so are basically doing what Leicester did with Maguire last summer.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby billie86 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:09 pm

You can tell his attitude isn't where it needs to be either, too busy partying to ever be top tier. Mark my words in 2 -3 years time this guy will be a nothing player like Barkley, Wilshere etc.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:24 pm

Jack Grealish “could be somebody for the future at Arsenal”, claims Gilberto Silva, with the Aston Villa playmaker considered to “play beautiful football” in the Dennis Bergkamp mould.

Gilberto has told The Invisible Wall Show: “He is slightly different from Dennis Bergkamp, but he could be somebody for the future at Arsenal.”

He's won me over. Bring him home
Ach
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill