Thomas Partey (5)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Thomas Partey

Postby Massa » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:31 pm

Ffs
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:11 pm

Looks like a nobody on Insta. Bunch of photos of himself playing Sunday league football
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:37 pm

If Arsenal wanted him and he was interested. What stop us from meeting his release clause
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NovaGB » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:44 pm

As far as i know hes a dm like doucoure who can also burst forward like a box to box, in the Vieira/Diaby mould, probably more like Alex Song though haha.

Have not really seen a lot of him but i assume hes just a option like that Zakaria guy.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:13 pm

Arsenal will need to qualify for next season’s Champions League to be able to afford Atletico Madrid and Ghana midfielder Thomas Partey, 26. (Express)

Didn't want him and if this is true then we won't get him.

Time for Doucoure to come home
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zenith » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:14 am

According to RMC Sport journalist Mohamed Bouhafsi, Thomas Partey's situation at Atlético is being monitored closely by PSG.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Ach » Mon May 04, 2020 9:24 pm

Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey, 26, has made it clear he would like to move to Arsenal and is hoping a deal can be struck between the clubs with Alexandre Lacazette switching as part of the deal. (Telegraph)

Former Aston Villa forward Nii Odartey Lamptey has warned Partey against a move to England. The Ghana international is also wanted by Juventus and Inter Milan. (Standard)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby gooney » Tue May 05, 2020 6:21 am

Meh don’t believe it. If he has told the club he wants to come here. It means the club will take their time to bring the price down as much as possible
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NovaGB » Tue May 05, 2020 4:06 pm

I have seen a lot of stuff over this deal in the last 2 days on the regular sites, i think though hes the kinda player we need to be adding to our team, not swapping one for, no matter how gash Laca has been at times.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 05, 2020 4:07 pm

gooney wrote:Meh don’t believe it. If he has told the club he wants to come here. It means the club will take their time to bring the price down as much as possible

I didn't read that he told the club, he told his friend/brother or something like that "apparently". Which most of the time is just BS.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NovaGB » Tue May 05, 2020 4:10 pm

StLGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:Meh don’t believe it. If he has told the club he wants to come here. It means the club will take their time to bring the price down as much as possible

I didn't read that he told the club, he told his friend/brother or something like that "apparently". Which most of the time is just BS.

It was rumoured to be his dad afaik.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue May 05, 2020 5:10 pm

No club is going to want to splash the cash this window, us least of all. Atletico won't get a big cash fee like they usually do, as he isn't on top clubs' radars. A swap deal for Laca probably works for both parties.

We need a midfielder with Partey's qualities, namely a B2B mid with strong aerial and defensive attributes. Xhaka fails on that count, and Torreira and Guedouzi are too small or not strong enough to win tackles and aerial duels.

I will revisit this opinion if PEA leaves first however; I don't want us to only have Martinelli and Nketiah as our CF options.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby NovaGB » Tue May 05, 2020 5:30 pm

aniym wrote:No club is going to want to splash the cash this window, us least of all. Atletico won't get a big cash fee like they usually do, as he isn't on top clubs' radars. A swap deal for Laca probably works for both parties.

We need a midfielder with Partey's qualities, namely a B2B mid with strong aerial and defensive attributes. Xhaka fails on that count, and Torreira and Guedouzi are too small or not strong enough to win tackles and aerial duels.

I will revisit this opinion if PEA leaves first however; I don't want us to only have Martinelli and Nketiah as our CF options.

Partey and Laca swap deal.

Bring Jovic in on loan for the season with option to buy

keep hold of Auba, we'd look a lot better on paper.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue May 05, 2020 7:02 pm

NovaGB wrote:
aniym wrote:No club is going to want to splash the cash this window, us least of all. Atletico won't get a big cash fee like they usually do, as he isn't on top clubs' radars. A swap deal for Laca probably works for both parties.

Partey and Laca swap deal.

Bring Jovic in on loan for the season with option to buy

keep hold of Auba, we'd look a lot better on paper.
I'd take that!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon May 11, 2020 8:47 am

Atletico Madrid want to swap their 26-year-old Ghana midfielder Thomas Partey - who is an Arsenal target - with Liverpool and England midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 26. (Sun)

Good. Get someone better. Bring Doucoure home
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk