Bruno Guimarães

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Bruno Guimarães

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Looking at how many players we took off the books in summer (Ramsey, Lichsteiner, Iwobi, Jenks, Monreal, Kos, Welbz) I don't understand how we are haggling between 21m and 25m valuations. We need a pacey mid now.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:52 pm

aniym wrote:Looking at how many players we took off the books in summer (Ramsey, Lichsteiner, Iwobi, Jenks, Monreal, Kos, Welbz) I don't understand how we are haggling between 21m and 25m valuations. We need a pacey mid now.

Basically because Kroenke won't put any money in and we've spent a fair amount of our future spend on Pepe and Saliba, money which will come out in the summer, as well as this our financial results were poor.

We're actually a pretty poorly run business for a club that's prided itself on delivering profit at the expense of what's happening on the pitch, because we lacked ambition our income is now massively reduced and we don't even really have any assets to sell off because we let most of them leave for nothing.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:23 pm

Özim wrote:
aniym wrote:Looking at how many players we took off the books in summer (Ramsey, Lichsteiner, Iwobi, Jenks, Monreal, Kos, Welbz) I don't understand how we are haggling between 21m and 25m valuations. We need a pacey mid now.

Basically because Kroenke won't put any money in and we've spent a fair amount of our future spend on Pepe and Saliba, money which will come out in the summer, as well as this our financial results were poor.

We're actually a pretty poorly run business for a club that's prided itself on delivering profit at the expense of what's happening on the pitch, because we lacked ambition our income is now massively reduced and we don't even really have any assets to sell off because we let most of them leave for nothing.

All problems are with Kroenke
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby yadunoe » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:41 pm

Lyon have signed him according to l'eqiup
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:47 pm

Yeah probably, he was pretty strongly linked with them, plus they have CL football as well.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby yadunoe » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:02 am

aniym wrote:Yeah probably, he was pretty strongly linked with them, plus they have CL football as well.

Kroenke fucks us again
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby NovaGB » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:35 am

Looks like hes going to Atletico who have first refusal.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:46 pm

Surprised we haven't been linked to him, only joined lyon in january but the right age, nationality and position ;)
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:10 pm

Lots of shite sources again but:

https://tbrfootball.com/report-arsenal- ... elder/?amp

Signed him and gabriel on soccer manager worlds before we signed gabriel. I'd be happy with this!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:54 am

In the name of achieving the required total revamp of our midfield and having now secured the services of Martin Odegaard, we should actively pursue the double signing from Olympic Lyon of Bruno Guimaraes and Houssem Aouar.

That this could be achieved at a cost of some £40-45M, puts such a proposal into the no brainer category for me.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:32 am

thebigbangtheo wrote:In the name of achieving the required total revamp of our midfield and having now secured the services of Martin Odegaard, we should actively pursue the double signing from Olympic Lyon of Bruno Guimaraes and Houssem Aouar.

That this could be achieved at a cost of some £40-45M, puts such a proposal into the no brainer category for me.

I'd love it it but how the hell would we fit them all in, these players won't come to a mid table English club to be 'squad players'
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:53 pm

NovaGB wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:In the name of achieving the required total revamp of our midfield and having now secured the services of Martin Odegaard, we should actively pursue the double signing from Olympic Lyon of Bruno Guimaraes and Houssem Aouar.

I'd love it it but how the hell would we fit them all in, these players won't come to a mid table English club to be 'squad players'

The days of when you could win the league or reasonably expect to place 2nd or 3rd as opposed to amongst the also rans by only utilising 12 or 13 players, ceased in the last century.

From your comment, it is obvious that you are clearly aware of that fact too, rather, your concern appears to be based on such high calibre players being content to play the rotational and competitive squad role for a team not offering to at least match the footballing relevance and combativeness of a current City, Chelsea, United or Liverpool.

However, that the conclusion of our last 2 league campaigns indeed warranted the determination of mid-table, it is by no means correct to predetermine that as being our status for the present or the future.

When we and United were dominating British football some 15 odd years ago, Citeh were in League One, the Scousers were in turmoil regardless of some amazing cup escapades (Champions League by name, European Cup by nature), whilst the Chavs were being hauled up from that toilet pan in Trainspotting by Oleg and Aleksandr.

As I have already referred to elsewhere within the forum, does anyone honestly expect us, the mighty Ambulance FC, to endure the remainder of the season without injury, illness or significant loss of form to at least one of our crucial creative players when we've started the season with our best midfielder already out crocked for at least a month and Bupa naming parts of their buildings after Arsenal players? The Wilshire ward, The Diaby outpatients suite, The Keiran Tierney wing, I shit you not!
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:40 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:
NovaGB wrote:

The days of when you could win the league or reasonably expect to place 2nd or 3rd as opposed to amongst the also rans by only utilising 12 or 13 players, ceased in the last century.

From your comment, it is obvious that you are clearly aware of that fact too, rather, your concern appears to be based on such high calibre players being content to play the rotational and competitive squad role for a team not offering to at least match the footballing relevance and combativeness of a current City, Chelsea, United or Liverpool.

However, that the conclusion of our last 2 league campaigns indeed warranted the determination of mid-table, it is by no means correct to predetermine that as being our status for the present or the future.

When we and United were dominating British football some 15 odd years ago, Citeh were in League One, the Scousers were in turmoil regardless of some amazing cup escapades (Champions League by name, European Cup by nature), whilst the Chavs were being hauled up from that toilet pan in Trainspotting by Oleg and Aleksandr.

As I have already referred to elsewhere within the forum, does anyone honestly expect us, the mighty Ambulance FC, to endure the remainder of the season without injury, illness or significant loss of form to at least one of our crucial creative players when we've started the season with our best midfielder already out crocked for at least a month and Bupa naming parts of their buildings after Arsenal players? The Wilshire ward, The Diaby outpatients suite, The Keiran Tierney wing, I shit you not!

I'm 40 mate i know what happened 15 years ago, my point is we cant fit Bruno, Aouar, ESR and Odegaard in the same team because they basically all do the same thing and there will be no defensive balance, Bruno and Aouar being names in there own right will not settle with being rotation options.

It might happen at one of the oil clubs but not here.

Also, last seasons problem was lack of creativity, this seasons problem is finishing after 22 shots against Brentford, so buying more playmakers is silly when we need a striker.

We could fit Bruno in because hes a dlp but its still way to many doing the same thing, we need a proper ball winning dm if anything.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:11 pm

Arsenal have opened talks with Lyon over the potential signing of Bruno Guimaraes - according to Nicolo Schira.

Mikel Arteta and Gunners technical director Edu are both keen admirers of the 24-year-old, who is reportedly valued at around £38 million ($51m).

Guimaraes has appeared in 22 games in all competitions for Lyon so far this term, recording five assists along the way.

Any good?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:13 pm

Would be good to get this guy!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill