Denis Zakaria

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Denis Zakaria

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:10 pm

As I said Switzerland don’t have any outstanding talents, you guys need to learn to read.

This guy has feature 38 times for Switzerland as well, it’s not like he hasn’t played, whenever I’ve seen Switzerland play.

No thanks to this guy, he’s another average player, also plays in the Bundesligue, players from there don’t seem to excel in the PL particularly, again we’ve had a few (and so have other clubs), there’s the odd exception of course, Aubameyang being an example but he excelled in France first so was proven in another decent league as well.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:12 pm

Salibatelli wrote:As I said Switzerland don’t have any outstanding talents, you guys need to learn to read.

This guy has feature 38 times for Switzerland as well, it’s not like he hasn’t played, whenever I’ve seen Switzerland play.

No thanks to this guy, he’s another average player, also plays in the Bundesligue, players from there don’t seem to excel in the PL particularly, again we’ve had a few (and so have other clubs), there’s the odd exception of course, Aubameyang being an example but he excelled in France first so was proven in another decent league as well.

I actually like this guy a lot more now I know you don't rate him.
After all, you thought all our summer signings were rubbish.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:As I said Switzerland don’t have any outstanding talents, you guys need to learn to read.

Not a great surprise all your opinions aren’t based on any fact so this makes sense.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:40 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Not a great surprise all your opinions aren’t based on any fact so this makes sense.

This is absolutely based on fact. - that you are wrong 100% of the time .
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:15 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

This is absolutely based on fact. - that you are wrong 100% of the time .

Again it’s not fact, it just what you say and as we know that doesn’t hold a whole lot of weight.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby NovaGB » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:24 pm

hes a decent like for like rotation option for Partey and can cover cb if needed
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:14 pm

NovaGB wrote:hes a decent like for like rotation option for Partey and can cover cb if needed
He could also play next to Partey and allow Partey more freedom to get forward.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:59 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:25 pm

Reiss wrote:5m euros.

Why didn't we at least try?!

Because we suck huge donkey balls.

Like I can't get my head around it.

Villa, Spurs everyone doing fkin business but us ........ unless its selling.

This is depressing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:45 pm

Reiss wrote:5m euros.

Why didn't we at least try?!

Yep and Elneny is going for free at the end of the season, Torreria will also leave in the summer leaving us with only Partey.

We could have sorted out CDM situation early by offering BM a better package than Juventus, for example less money but they get to keep him on loan until the end of the season.

Which works out better for them not having hours to find a replacement and we still have Elneny until summer, which would have given us more time and probably more funds for other targets as I’m sure whoever we replace Elneny/Torreria with isn’t going to be this cheap or good.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby billie86 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:29 pm

We were scrambling for Arthur whilst juve were looking to upgrade, I mean 5 million euros is peanuts, even if we didn't think he was better than xhaka or partey and would only be back up just get him in for that price, could sell him in 2 years for treble what we would have paid, just seems a no brainer...
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StockGooner » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:10 am

Three thoughts run through my head here.
1. Why would he come to us? If he knew Juve were in for him and the allure they have with league titles etc. I get why he wouldn't come to us, but contrary to that,
2. Just overpay on wages. We have with others and we can beat Juve on wages I am sure, so why not do it? We're like City were when they had new money and thye had to overpay because they had nothing else. We're kind of at that stage now, and,
3. At least try
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby KG3 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:41 am

StockGooner wrote:Three thoughts run through my head here.
1. Why would he come to us? If he knew Juve were in for him and the allure they have with league titles etc. I get why he wouldn't come to us, but contrary to that,
2. Just overpay on wages. We have with others and we can beat Juve on wages I am sure, so why not do it? We're like City were when they had new money and thye had to overpay because they had nothing else. We're kind of at that stage now, and,
3. At least try

Juve only showed interest in him towards the end of the window, if showed interest from the start and bought him in early when there was no other competition it would have been an easy transfer on low wages
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill