Available Managers

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Available Managers

Postby Zenith » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:30 pm

In light of the ever-growing skepticism about whether Unai Emery is the right man to take Arsenal to the next level, here's a list of high-profile managers who are currently available -

- Massimiliano Allegri
- Laurent Blanc
- Luciano Spalletti
- José Mourinho
- Stefano Pioli
- Claudio Ranieri
- Marcelino
- Luis Enrique

Full list: https://www.transfermarkt.com/trainer/v ... ik=&plus=1

Which available manager (or plural) do you believe would not only be a realistic upgrade on Unai as Arsenal Head Coach, but also possesses the expertise required to identify the rotten apples, clean up the mess and transform Arsenal back into a force to be reckoned with?
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Re: Available managers - wishlist

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:41 pm

Eddie Howe.
Fed up with all these foreign managers (though I think I'd take any on your list above Emery).
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:49 pm

Emery.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:53 pm

Mourinho has lost his edge, he's a bit like Wenger was when it first started going wrong. At least he'd stop the sloppy pissing about with the ball at the back and sort the defence out though.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:59 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Eddie Howe.
Fed up with all these foreign managers (though I think I'd take any on your list above Emery).

How would Howe being English help us?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:10 pm

We don't need a defensive manager to sort out our defense. We are literally making school boy mistakes. It only takes common football knowledge to fix some of things we do wrong.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:32 pm

The only name in that list who moderately stands out to me is Massimiliano Allegri who is currently on a one-year intermission from management.

Somewhat comparable to Graham-Wenger (if we ignore Rioch's brief spell), Allegri, after inheriting Conté's well-drilled Juventus squad, went with a slightly more possession-oriented, albeit less physically-demanding approach, allowing flair players more freedom to express themselves.

With more than 70% Allegri also has the highest win percentage in both Serie A and Juventus history. All in a significantly less competitive environment than his predecessors during the Serie A's golden years, but still impressive.

Taking over from Emery at Arsenal would be a very contrasting challenge for him. Contrary to what was the case at Juventus, he will not inherit a well-drilled defense and stable midfield. It's also worth noting that l'Acciuga has never played or managed outside of Italy, meaning his first move abroad at age 52 could prove to be challenge on its own.

Take into account all these factors and it's fair to assume that, hypothetically, getting Arsenal back to where it once belonged could well prove to be Allegri's toughest challenge yet.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Sims » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:46 pm

Have we ruled out any potential manager options payable through compensation?
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Re: Available managers

Postby Angelito » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:20 pm

If I'm to be brutally honest, I don't know.

None of the managers in that list excites me. The ones who do are taken and won't be joining Arsenal. I'd actually take a punt on Pochettino. :hiding: Why not, eh?

From that list, Max Allegri is the obvious choice. One thing is certain with him that he won't be all over the place like Emery. But I've never rated him as an elite-tier manager. Lucho might be Sanllehi's choice for the Spanish and Barca connection. Again, a coach who will play possession-based football, but isn't world-class either.

The managers who aren't free agents but might be available are ten Hag and Nagelsmann. My preferred candidates are one of these two. Nagelsmann could be absolutely revolutionary at Arsenal.

Sadly, we missed the ship with Conte last season. :rolleyes: Conte, Pep, Klopp, and Simeone aren't joining Arsenal.

So, loosely, in order of preference: Nagelsmann, ten Hag, Pochettino, Max Allegri, Jose Mourinho, Luis Enrique.

Having said that, Max Allegri might be the "right" candidate for Arsenal. He's mature, passionate, and isn't erratic and chaotic like Emery. He has good man management skills and is tactically astute. He also doesn't have a history of falling out with players.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BS221B » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Blanc and Luis Enrique is good shoutout. Allegri wouldnt make you play pretty football but he can make you win so he is like superior version of Emery. If not these, Arteta ofc :sneaky2:
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:10 pm

From those listed, Mourinho is the stand out. Wouldn't have minded Allegri but when he's hated by Juventus fans, you ask why so no thanks.

Doesn't really matter though. There's no quick fix. New manager will have the same problems Emery has in righting all the wrongs of the previous regime. As we can see by the toys being thrown out of the pram, if the new manager doesn't win the title by December we want him out
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:03 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Eddie Howe.

How would Howe being English help us?

For a start, he could speak to the fans, without saying 'our wwwwark', 'our wwwwey' in every sentence.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Re: Available Managers

Postby Santi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:43 pm

Mad max, he can actually organise a defence.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Re: Available Managers

Postby BS221B » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:51 pm

I will get Daniel Farke in heartbeat at end of the season regardless of where Norwich finishes. Arteta is second choice now, Farke and his football is literally what i have been dream of after Wenger. He is 42 as well, quite young for a manager.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby elkanofan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:14 am

BS221B wrote:Blanc and Luis Enrique is good shoutout. Allegri wouldnt make you play pretty football but he can make you win so he is like superior version of Emery. If not these, Arteta ofc :sneaky2:

Are you serious? his daughter has just died FFS! Whats wrong with people here!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Next

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill