Philippe Coutinho

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Philippe Coutinho

Postby yadunoe » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:42 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:With the money we don't have, he could be our only big name signing and if Arteta is desperate to go 4-3-3 then we'll need him so I'm up for it.

Gabriel saliba willian coutinho and a rb would be a great summer imo because mari will be like a new signing as well lool
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:45 pm

yadunoe wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:With the money we don't have, he could be our only big name signing and if Arteta is desperate to go 4-3-3 then we'll need him so I'm up for it.

Gabriel saliba willian coutinho and a rb would be a great summer imo because mari will be like a new signing as well lool

Still missing a midfielder though if we sell Torreria because Ceballos is gone, Guendouzi shortly to follow.

So actually even though those signings would of been good, its not when you take into account the players rumoured to be leaving.

Saliba is already ours and we won't get a RB because we're shipping them out (AMN) if anything.

Thinking about it .......... we're bang in trouble.

Unless we replace / retain Torreria we'll have no midfield core, Willian and Coutinho are both offensive Mids, that just leaves us with Xhaka and possibly Torreria.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:36 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
yadunoe wrote:

Still missing a midfielder though if we sell Torreria because Ceballos is gone, Guendouzi shortly to follow.

So actually even though those signings would of been good, its not when you take into account the players rumoured to be leaving.

Saliba is already ours and we won't get a RB because we're shipping them out (AMN) if anything.

Unless we replace / retain Torreria we'll have no midfield core, Willian and Coutinho are both offensive Mids, that just leaves us with Xhaka and possibly Torreria.

Ya hopefully that's partey coming in he is the crown jewel but if he doesn't come then we need to keep torreira
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:21 am

aniym wrote:
Losmeister wrote:dont mnake too much oif this...

came in against a demotalized defeated side and got to run at Semedo who is bad, and also demoralized and embarassed bythe previous 80 minutes...

It says something that he's in their CL squad and contributing despite Muller being their first choice AM. He scored and assisted against Tottenham as well.

Our current AMs are Ozil and Willock. Coutino did in 12 minutes what Ozil needed 1500 minutes to do and against a bevy of teams far far worse than Barcelona.

name one other performance....

i know,,, not there...

stilll bettern ours... not sayn much
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:55 am

If we get Coutinho we have to play 4-2-3-1 meaning we need a very defensive DM and a CB better than all the ones we already have too!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:04 am

aniym wrote:2 goals and an assist in 12 minutes flat. That's what we need in a CAM.

We probably won't be able to afford the loan fee at this point. Barca will bring him back next season, with an apology.

2 goals and an assist when a team are already getting thrashed is nothing to rave about, at that stage it’s easy to score goals as the opponents are completely demoralised and shellshocked.

A better measure is how he’s performed in the last couple of years.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:04 am

Santi wrote:
thevisualiser wrote:There is almost no upside to making this deal. He's been out of form for 2 and a half years now, he's on huge wages and Barcelona will not sell him for a reasonable sum of money.

When you trawl through Barcelona and Bayern forums you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has a positive word to say about him.

If this is a dry loan with us contributing a percentage of his wage then I'm all on board but I don't want us to do what Bayern did and spend a huge loan fee and big wage contribution.

Coutinho just mugged you off fella

I don’t think he has, he scored a couple goals at the end of a rout, at a time when scoring is at its easiest.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:07 am

yadunoe wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
yadunoe wrote:

Ya hopefully that's partey coming in he is the crown jewel but if he doesn't come then we need to keep torreira

I think the Partey deal looks unrealistic right now, we have to sell to buy and I’m not sure how we’re going to raise enough money to sign him and the other players we need. Seems to me we’re struggling to sell anyone, as has been the case with the players at this club for a while now.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Santi » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:57 pm

Özim wrote:
aniym wrote:2 goals and an assist in 12 minutes flat. That's what we need in a CAM.

We probably won't be able to afford the loan fee at this point. Barca will bring him back next season, with an apology.

2 goals and an assist when a team are already getting thrashed is nothing to rave about, at that stage it’s easy to score goals as the opponents are completely demoralised and shellshocked.

A better measure is how he’s performed in the last couple of years.

Already gave his numbers for Bayern before last night which were fine as well.

He's just not as bad as was made out, 1 poor season at Barca that's it. Last night only proved it, in 12 mins he's done more than all of our midfielders this season.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:56 pm

Tony Adams wrote:If we get Coutinho we have to play 4-2-3-1 meaning we need a very defensive DM and a CB better than all the ones we already have too!

Obviously the windows not over but right now as its stands and with reports that the Coutinho deal looks like it might not happen ........... we're miles off switching to 4-2-3-1.

And I mean we're short around 3-4 1st team CM players off.

Xhaka, Willian and Willock who I don't even count as 1st team ready as he's not starter material are the only CM's we have at the club who are def going to be here next year.

That's barely enough for a 2 man midfield let alone a 3.

AFC have a lot of work to do.

Losing Ceballos was a real blow, he was our 1st choice CM and we lost him for nothing with no replacement in sight.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:00 pm

So, Coutinho transfer complicated now after Sanllehi's departure.

This means..

Welcome..

:hiding:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Hopefully cos the big money is going on CBs and DMs!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:29 pm

Angelito wrote:So, Coutinho transfer complicated now after Sanllehi's departure.

This means..

Welcome..

WIth all the insanity that's going on nothing will shock me. Not even Ozil being reintrouded into the team again. But i wouldn't bet on it after his interview.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Losmeister » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:53 pm

Angelito wrote:So, Coutinho transfer complicated now after Sanllehi's departure.

This means..

Welcome..

we get to see mesut drink his cappucino on the bench?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:If we get Coutinho we have to play 4-2-3-1 meaning we need a very defensive DM and a CB better than all the ones we already have too!

Obviously the windows not over but right now as its stands and with reports that the Coutinho deal looks like it might not happen ........... we're miles off switching to 4-2-3-1.

And I mean we're short around 3-4 1st team CM players off.

Xhaka, Willian and Willock who I don't even count as 1st team ready as he's not starter material are the only CM's we have at the club who are def going to be here next year.

That's barely enough for a 2 man midfield let alone a 3.

AFC have a lot of work to do.

Losing Ceballos was a real blow, he was our 1st choice CM and we lost him for nothing with no replacement in sight.

I think it's just a waiting game with Ceballos, we know Madrid want to sell him or at least loan him out. He isn't in their plans as of now.

Longer we wait the more chance we have to get him cheaper both in wages and loan fee. Only wildcard is Betis and if they can afford to buy him.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill