Gianluigi Donnarumma

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Gianluigi Donnarumma

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:56 am

Sorry, my bad, I was definitely barking up the wrong tree with this one given he's a winner along with Emi Martinez who we already showed we don't appreciate his kind around here too tough.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:56 am

thebigbangtheo wrote:Sorry, my bad, I was definitely barking up the wrong tree with this one given he's a winner along with Emi Martinez who we already showed we don't appreciate his kind around here too tough.

My position since April has changed significantly. Hadn't seen enough of the lad before the Euros. One of the best if not the best keeping talent in the world at the moment, what a player and indeed a winner. Would love something like that here by us but pessimism is a lot safer these days.

My heart still aches about Emi, I had warned against selling at the time, and I hold that we will continue to recieve karma for years for how we dumped him. But don't bring him up on this forum apparently, people seem get very sensitive when they are reminded of this :sneaky2:
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:15 pm

Goonerfromafrica wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:Sorry, my bad, I was definitely barking up the wrong tree with this one given he's a winner along with Emi Martinez who we already showed we don't appreciate his kind around here too tough.

My position since April has changed significantly. Hadn't seen enough of the lad before the Euros. One of the best if not the best keeping talent in the world at the moment, what a player and indeed a winner. Would love something like that here by us but pessimism is a lot safer these days.

My heart still aches about Emi, I had warned against selling at the time, and I hold that we will continue to recieve karma for years for how we dumped him. But don't bring him up on this forum apparently, people seem get very sensitive when they are reminded of this :sneaky2:

Respect to you my brother, respect.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:13 pm

Goonerfromafrica wrote:

We all knew selling Emi was the wrong choice, Leno has his moments but hes also mistake ridden, i think we should have sold Leno to Villa.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:33 am

NovaGB wrote:
Goonerfromafrica wrote:

We all knew selling Emi was the wrong choice, Leno has his moments but hes also mistake ridden, i think we should have sold Leno to Villa.

Maybe you and I knew brother, but many did not. They trusted Leno's development potential in FIFA, alongside what I guess was some sort of German hegemony. Just have a look at the Martinez thread before the start of last season, it is a painful read :lol:
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:56 am

Yep: we should've sold Leno to Villa who were dying to buy an injured goalkeeper ahead of his competitor who turned out to be the revelation of the season.

Does the incident Maupay ring a bell? Of course it does, but it doesn't suit the narrative.

A great example of the correlation between agendas and selective memory loss.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby NovaGB » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:03 am

Zenith wrote:Yep: we should've sold Leno to Villa who were dying to buy an injured goalkeeper ahead of his competitor who turned out to be the revelation of the season.

Does the incident Maupay ring a bell? Of course it does, but it doesn't suit the narrative.

A great example of the correlation between agendas and selective memory loss.

No it doesn't ring a bell its been a while and i read most of my news on here because i trust the judgement of fans more than i do rumour sites but i must admit i forgot about the Leno injury, although a few of us fans in real life that talk had been talking Emi up for a couple of seasons and have never been that keen in Leno based on erratic form, there is always that risk with leno that he will pull off a spectacular athletic save then in the next breath 'shit the bed'
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill