Christopher Nkunku

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Christopher Nkunku

Postby gooney » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:24 am

yeah we are chasing emerys players now. He anted partey, nkunku and zaha.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby KG3 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:36 pm

gooney wrote:yeah we are chasing emerys players now. He anted partey, nkunku and zaha.

Fabinho was another he wanted, makes you wonder right even though he was bad towards the end maybe if we backed him and gave him his ideal players he would have been a success here.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:48 pm

Emery knows
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:52 pm

Emery didn't have much say in transfers, even Arteta can only really put out ideas and requests, its not surprising the target's are similar.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:17 pm

NovaGB wrote:Emery didn't have much say in transfers, even Arteta can only really put out ideas and requests, its not surprising the target's are similar.

About Arteta, that isn't true. It's been written many times. Edu and Arteta work as a team. Of course, all transfers have to be approved by Josh Kroenke and Co., whether that's Edu's players or Arteta's players.

The Athletic clearly stated that White and Ramsdale were Arteta's signing. Tomiyasu as well. Edu also clarified about this.

There are some signings (like Lokonga) that both Edu and Arteta agreed on. However, Arteta has as much say in transfers at Arsenal. He was also the driver behind extending the contract of Aubameyang, signing Willian, and keeping Xhaka at the club.

We don't have structures like those of Bayern, Real, or Barcelona (or Chelsea and PSG) where the upper hierarchy buys players for their coaches. Edu isn't the all-powerful DoF and Josh isn't involved in active scouting and recruitment. He only gives his go-ahead after he's presented with options.

It would be harsh to compare Emery's role at Arsenal to what Arteta enjoys. Emery was a head coach. Arteta is a manager. Emery wanted Zaha over Pepe, but he was overruled by Sanllehi who went for Pepe. Likewise, Emery wanted Nkunku and Nzonzi. His wish wasn't granted.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:37 pm

NovaGB wrote:Emery didn't have much say in transfers, even Arteta can only really put out ideas and requests, its not surprising the target's are similar.

Arteta does way more than put in requests. He personally advocated for Willian, and persuaded him to turn down a 2-year Chelsea deal. He was granted Wenger-level power after winning the FA Cup...and when the club realized Edu is well out of his depth.

There's no comparison w/ Emery, who was always at the mercy of Gazidis/Sven and Raul.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby NovaGB » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:44 pm

Angelito wrote:

About Arteta, that isn't true. It's been written many times. Edu and Arteta work as a team. Of course, all transfers have to be approved by Josh Kroenke and Co., whether that's Edu's players or Arteta's players.

The Athletic clearly stated that White and Ramsdale were Arteta's signing. Tomiyasu as well. Edu also clarified about this.

There are some signings (like Lokonga) that both Edu and Arteta agreed on. However, Arteta has as much say in transfers at Arsenal. He was also the driver behind extending the contract of Aubameyang, signing Willian, and keeping Xhaka at the club.

We don't have structures like those of Bayern, Real, or Barcelona (or Chelsea and PSG) where the upper hierarchy buys players for their coaches. Edu isn't the all-powerful DoF and Josh isn't involved in active scouting and recruitment. He only gives his go-ahead after he's presented with options.

It would be harsh to compare Emery's role at Arsenal to what Arteta enjoys. Emery was a head coach. Arteta is a manager. Emery wanted Zaha over Pepe, but he was overruled by Sanllehi who went for Pepe. Likewise, Emery wanted Nkunku and Nzonzi. His wish wasn't granted.

Regarding Aouar i read that Arteta was really pushing to get him in but Edu wasn't keen, i assumed that Arteta can make suggestions but Edu is the decision maker who puts it to the board.

Arteta was also only promoted to manger last season, he was also head coach at first.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:00 pm

NovaGB wrote:
Regarding Aouar i read that Arteta was really pushing to get him in but Edu wasn't keen, i assumed that Arteta can make suggestions but Edu is the decision maker who puts it to the board.

Arteta was also only promoted to manger last season, he was also head coach at first.

We clearly had the money to get Auoar at a cut price this summer and chose not to. I'm not convinced anybody at the club really wanted him. We made multiple bids for Locatelli, none for Auoar.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:33 am

It’s reported we could have signed him for £11m but Emery pushed for Denis Suarez ...
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NovaGB » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:40 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
NovaGB wrote:

We clearly had the money to get Auoar at a cut price this summer and chose not to. I'm not convinced anybody at the club really wanted him. We made multiple bids for Locatelli, none for Auoar.

Thats mainly because Locatelli can attack and defend whilst Aouar plays like Samir Nasri.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:20 pm

NovaGB wrote:
NovaGB wrote:

Thats mainly because Locatelli can attack and defend whilst Aouar plays like Samir Nasri.

But overall it was a wasted effort, as Locatelli made it clear early on that he only wanted Juve. They barely had to lift a finger to sign him.

I think if Edu and Arteta were that keen to get him, then Aouar was never in the picture. Lyon said we never made a bid.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby NovaGB » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:01 pm

NovaGB wrote:
NovaGB wrote:

But overall it was a wasted effort, as Locatelli made it clear early on that he only wanted Juve. They barely had to lift a finger to sign him.

I think if Edu and Arteta were that keen to get him, then Aouar was never in the picture. Lyon said we never made a bid.

They are different players and were not alternatives of eachother, Aouar was the Odegaard alternative had we not signed him, or alternative to James Maddison.

Aouar plays his best stuff on LW or CAM and would get exposed playing cm in the Premier League.

Locatelli was to be the Xhaka replacement.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:06 pm

RB Leipzig director Oliver Mintzlaff is confident Christopher Nkunku will remain at the club next season.

The attacker has been linked with several teams recently, with Liverpool and Arsenal said to be after him.

But Mintzlaff told Sky 90 on Sunday: "He will also play with us next season because of course he is a very important player"

Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:26 pm

Another unproven "we're building for the future" type. Pass.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yago » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:10 pm

Nkunku is great. Would be hella expensive tho.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football