Winter Transfer Window: What Do We Need?

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Winter Transfer Window: What Do We Need?

Postby weaponx57 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:00 am

I would like to reference the following article....although it comes from the usual tabloid bunch of stuff it really puts into reality the glaring deficiencies in the team and also why this winter transfer window is important.

If not reaching top 4 is not a big deal this season then no need to consider this post.

https://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2018/ ... ry-arsenal
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Re: Winter Transfer Window: What Do We Need?

Postby yadunoe » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:42 pm

drop a 100 m on koulibaly legit
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:02 pm

yadunoe wrote:drop a 100 m on koulibaly legit
Look at the difference vdv made for liverpool. Would be worth it imo.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:02 pm

CB and RWF would be my priority, followed by LB
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:18 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
yadunoe wrote:drop a 100 m on koulibaly legit
Look at the difference vdv made for liverpool. Would be worth it imo.

Ever heard of Gary Cahill
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:31 pm

I feel like they probably want Emery to prove his worth before giving him cash to splash sort of thing.

If you look at klopp he has only really spent mad the last 12 months and only really the last window he had a big net spend as vvd was more than covered by coutinho.

Klopp gained the boards trust, he proved he could significantly improve players values, coutinhos value improved massively, Salah improved by 100m minimum, VVD is now recognised as the best CB his value would have improved.

He proved he could increase the clubs prize money via consistent qualification for the top 4, 2 seasons running, he proved he could increase the clubs prize money with a deep CL run, which increase the clubs money.

He proved he could play entertaing football which is great for sponsorship to.

Emery is going to have to earn the boards trust before he is given freedom to spend and have more say in who we buy.

Reality is he needs to get in the cl before we begin to think about unleashing a big spend, if we get the cl plus the new puma money I can see a big spend, ATM he doesn't have the trust to make big moves in January
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:34 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:I feel like they probably want Emery to prove his worth before giving him cash to splash sort of thing.

If you look at klopp he has only really spent mad the last 12 months and only really the last window he had a big net spend as vvd was more than covered by coutinho.

Klopp gained the boards trust, he proved he could significantly improve players values, coutinhos value improved massively, Salah improved by 100m minimum, VVD is now recognised as the best CB his value would have improved.

He proved he could increase the clubs prize money via consistent qualification for the top 4, 2 seasons running, he proved he could increase the clubs prize money with a deep CL run, which increase the clubs money.

Emery is going to have to earn the boards trust before he is given freedom to spend and have more say in who we buy.

Reality is he needs to get in the cl before we begin to think about unleashing a big spend, if we get the cl plus the new puma money I can see a big spend, ATM he doesn't have the trust to make big moves in January

Biggest load of BS I've read all week.

Why? because they hired Misinslat to buy players .......... not Emery.

Why in that case would they ever hold off on buying players, its the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I'd understand what you were saying if Emery was choosing the players but as he isn't, what you said makes no sense at all.

Your basically saying they won't back the manager? again, makes no sense.

We're not talking about 100m players, we're talking about 20m / 30m players that even a manager at Everton could get ffs.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:44 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:I feel like they probably want Emery to prove his worth before giving him cash to splash sort of thing.

Biggest load of BS I've read all week.

Why? because they hired Misinslat to buy players .......... not Emery.

Why in that case would they ever hold off on buying players, its the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I'd understand what you were saying if Emery was choosing the players but as he isn't, what you said makes no sense at all.

Your basically saying they won't back the manager? again, makes no sense.

We're not talking about 100m players, we're talking about 20m / 30m players that even a manager at Everton could get ffs.

Hopefully I am wrong but we just seem very unwilling to speculate to accumulate, we could have got Felipe anderson for 36m, a fast winger we are desperate for, he would already be worth double that now.

I thought we had changed signing Laca/auba in one season but the actual net spend that season was a 14m profit lol.
Marsbar100

Postby Sims » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:45 pm

Emery won’t have a lot of say in transfers no matter how long he’s been there
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:12 pm

Sims wrote:Emery won’t have a lot of say in transfers no matter how long he’s been there

Defeats the purpose of having a rigid manager then.

I doubt that's entirely true though. Banega would be Emery's signing, not Mislintat's. In contrast, if we do get Pavón, it would be Sanllehi's signing. Not sure how Emery would use such an erratic player, however.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:14 pm

Is pavon good enough to improve us?
Marsbar100

Postby Angelito » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:17 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Is pavon good enough to improve us?

Well, anyone would be better than Iwobi and Mkhi. :hiding:

Has better technique than all our forwards/midfielders, bar Ozil and Lacazette. Unless he's a late bloomer like Salah, I don't see him as a world beater. He would improve us though. He's very erratic.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Angelito » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:52 am

Honestly, I don't want us to spend money in January. Whatever we spend in Jan will influence our deals in the summer. If we get the wrong players in or go for bargain basements again, we won't be able to move them soon enough and that will give our board excuses not to sign legitimate players in the summer.

Banega would be okay, I guess. If we can sell Ramsey for £15m in Jan, that would offset the fees for Banega. However, if we spend over £20m in Jan, we could potentially miss out on top players come next summer.

With EL looking likely next season, we will only have a budget of £60m in the summer. Unless we win the EL this season.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:26 am

As many seem to forget we have a set wages budget .... we already spend over 200m on salaries .... we will not be making a significant increase in income this season, so despite losing Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla and Lucas Perez last summer the fact we added Bernd Leno, Sokratis, Matteo Guendouzi, Lucas Torreira and Stefan Lichtsteiner ... then consider that we now pay the full super wages for Ozil, Mkhi, Lacca and Auba, then add in the new contracts for Xhaka, Nelson and Iwobi .... and our wages budget is already maxed out ...

We will need to sell Ramsey plus probably a couple more just to stand still on salaries ... think that's already a given ...

To expect new signings and thus a further increase in salaries is just unrealistic ... even without FFP there is no way Kroenke funds it ....

The ONLY way Emery gets money to spend in January is if he dumps some salary ... Ozil out perhaps?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ESR10 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:19 am

In January:

In:
Fornals (17m rc)
Calero (10m rc)
Pepe or Pavon (rc of both in the region of 44m)

Out:
El Neny (10m)
Ramsey (20m)

Net spend: 41m

Possible lineup afterwards:

Leno
Bellerin - Papa - Calero - Kolasinac
Torreira - Fornals
Özil
Pepe - Laca - Auba

Assuming that Özil still has a future at Arsenal.

In the summer we can buy a LB, RB, a young backup striker and a young backup CAM and sell some players like Mustafi and release players like Cech, Monreal, Koscielny and Welbeck to finance these moves.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Next

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill