Winter Transfer Window: What Do We Need?

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Winter Transfer Window: What Do We Need?

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:07 pm

Mustafi wrote:Everton interested in Malcom according to Marca.

He fits our needs, a quick dribbling winger probably available on loan.
I will be pissed, if they got him ahead of us
If he goes to Everton and Emery says no players were available...
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ESR10 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:29 pm

Juventus offering Khedira in exchange for Ramsey according to CalcioMercato.

Not sure how to feel about it. He's 30 or 31, will demand huge wages probably and is kinda injury prone, but I'd like to get something out of Ramsey. Letting him go for free is poor business.
Would love to get Rugani (even if on a 18 month loan deal) in exchange.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:36 pm

We don't need khedira. Offer them ramsey and money for douglas costa!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ESR10 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:55 pm

Why Arsenal switched from Banega to Suarez

Arsenal have been strongly linked with both Ever Banega and Denis Suarez in the January window, with their focus apparently changing from the former to the latter - but why?
According to the Mirror there was a conflict of interests between Unai Emery and the board. Emery wanted Banega because he had worked with him before, and identified him as the solution to Arsenal’s problems in midfield.

The board, however, had misgivings about paying a €20m release clause fee and considerable wages for a player who has already turned 30.

The board therefore switched to Suarez - who is 25 and available for around the same price - and a move now looks likely.
ESR10

Postby indy23 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:08 pm

Where is arsenals money. Fans should look away from managers ... Our team is exactly in the position it should be... We will never compete with city Chelsea united .... And now apparently pool. Nice to know we got the shittiest of the billionaires in this club. Should have sold it to someone who would invest.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby weaponx57 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:21 am

indy23 wrote:Where is arsenals money. Fans should look away from managers ... Our team is exactly in the position it should be... We will never compete with city Chelsea united .... And now apparently pool. Nice to know we got the shittiest of the billionaires in this club. Should have sold it to someone who would invest.

Agreed our club will be the one to lose out and as more billionaires invest in the premier league I can only see arsenal falling down the league table in the future. Hopefully Troopz and all them AFTV preaching guys will do something about it.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby yadunoe » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:27 am

Man kronke can do whatever the f**k he wants this is sad af legit
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby tufnelltoughie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:04 am

What we need and what we get will be completely different things.

We are shopping in the bargain basement again.

Emery has said there is no money for players, so it will be loans, out of contracts or kids.

When did we hear this before, it sounds very familiar to me.

Wonkey has gone but the situation is the same, an owner and Board who don't give a monkeys' cuss.

Lean times for us Arsenal fans and no prospect of much improvement anytime soon.

Same old, same old. Doh

Kronkey OUT.
tufnelltoughie
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 pm

What's the part of the team where no matter what you can't pick a good combo? Midfield.

I've been on the same wave as everyone else thinking we need a CB and winger first and foremost but I really think it's STILL the midfield. The midfield is where we are losing all our battles and no matter who is there they are not a fully functioning 2 or 3. I can see why Emery is confused who to play and whether to use 3 atb to be honest.

1) Xhaka - everytime I think he is dogshit (because he usually is) he then gets dropped for 1 game in a million or put to CB and we miss him massively in midfield.
2) Ramsey - absolutely hate the c*** but when both he and Ozil aren't playing we have very little creativity. Ramsey brings direct running and pressing ability but goes wandering and simply cannot play in a midfield 2 anymore.
3) Guendouzi - promising kid but still young, makes mistakes, has positional issues and gives the ball away when trying to force the issue. Will be good but not ready to play so much yet.
4) Torreira - great player, no individual issues with him really but need a better partner for him.
5) Elneny - squaddie at best, simply too slow and too simple, keeps things ticking over but doesn't bring much to the table.
6) Willock - lively option but again young and will go wandering forward too much in a midfield 2, might be an option for a midfield 3 imo.

Whilst our defence is also not brilliant and we do need a winger at some point, I really think we need to address the midfield. The midfield protect your defence and start the creation of chances going forward, we have two amazing strikers and Ozil out wide if we want to use him so that front line should be good enough for top 4, which is our best aim this season.
Again, the defence, yes Mustafi is a f***ing clown but again for 80% of the matches he is good enough, Papa has been great and Kos looked much better today. Behind them we have some promising kids and unfortunately Bobby Holding is out for the year.

I just don't see a wonder CB walking in and fixing our defence, I think if we had better midfielders we would have more control over the games at both ends of the pitch. I'm not saying this perfect midfielder is out there, which is why I'd argue we need 2 new ones next to Torreira, one who can dictate the tempo but will more mobility than Xhaka and a runner to replace Ramsey.

Barella would be first on my Jan/summer signing list as he seems the most realistic option.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Imagine if our loan signings were rugani and dembele :shifty:
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Santi wrote:What's the part of the team where no matter what you can't pick a good combo? Midfield.

I've been on the same wave as everyone else thinking we need a CB and winger first and foremost but I really think it's STILL the midfield. The midfield is where we are losing all our battles and no matter who is there they are not a fully functioning 2 or 3. I can see why Emery is confused who to play and whether to use 3 atb to be honest.

1) Xhaka - everytime I think he is dogshit (because he usually is) he then gets dropped for 1 game in a million or put to CB and we miss him massively in midfield.
2) Ramsey - absolutely hate the c*** but when both he and Ozil aren't playing we have very little creativity. Ramsey brings direct running and pressing ability but goes wandering and simply cannot play in a midfield 2 anymore.
3) Guendouzi - promising kid but still young, makes mistakes, has positional issues and gives the ball away when trying to force the issue. Will be good but not ready to play so much yet.
4) Torreira - great player, no individual issues with him really but need a better partner for him.
5) Elneny - squaddie at best, simply too slow and too simple, keeps things ticking over but doesn't bring much to the table.
6) Willock - lively option but again young and will go wandering forward too much in a midfield 2, might be an option for a midfield 3 imo.

Whilst our defence is also not brilliant and we do need a winger at some point, I really think we need to address the midfield. The midfield protect your defence and start the creation of chances going forward, we have two amazing strikers and Ozil out wide if we want to use him so that front line should be good enough for top 4, which is our best aim this season.
Again, the defence, yes Mustafi is a f***ing clown but again for 80% of the matches he is good enough, Papa has been great and Kos looked much better today. Behind them we have some promising kids and unfortunately Bobby Holding is out for the year.

I just don't see a wonder CB walking in and fixing our defence, I think if we had better midfielders we would have more control over the games at both ends of the pitch. I'm not saying this perfect midfielder is out there, which is why I'd argue we need 2 new ones next to Torreira, one who can dictate the tempo but will more mobility than Xhaka and a runner to replace Ramsey.

Barella would be first on my Jan/summer signing list as he seems the most realistic option.

Yep we desperately need another midfielder. Thought the problem might have been solved with the signings of Lucas and Matteo, but Matteo clearly isn't ready yet. Also, the comical defending we've witnessed from our CBs this season has papered over the real issue
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby The Break Water » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:41 pm

A big CB would be very nice. But probably won't happen
The Break Water
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:21 pm

As many have already said, it would be in our best interest if we could bring in a RB who can go straight into the first team this window. At least he will have half a season under his belt and be ready to go for next season.

Oh yeah, but we have no money. Oooh to be a Gooner :tumbleweed:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill