Houssem Aouar

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Houssem Aouar

Postby Ach » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:37 pm

Tony Adams wrote:We could end up replacing esr with aouar and making a profit :hiding:

Artetas dream
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:27 pm

Tony Adams wrote:We could end up replacing esr with aouar and making a profit :hiding:

Ideal :arse fan:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:53 pm

Santi wrote:

Ideal :arse fan:

I am not convinced by Aouar.
To be fair I have not seen enough of him, but other than his one season where he played well in the CL, how is he actually performing?
Why has his value dropped so substantially?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:07 pm

His character isn't looking ideal, he basically threw a Hazard sulk last season because he didn't really want to be at Lyon, but he got better over the season stats wise at least and having seen what he can produce at his best, then I'd take the punt and hope we get the most out of him. They do also have some other good players in his position so think they will cash in.

Don't really want to sell ESR to fund it, was more of a joke. Ideally we'd have both and I don't expect ESR to go anywhere.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:20 pm

Selling ESR and getting Aouar will be a similar mistake to choosing Leno over Martinez imo.

I'd rather keep talented and loyal over somewhat talented and questionable loyalty.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:47 pm

A player like Aouar is needed if we want to get back to winning ways. I love ESR but he won't be able to play the whole season, nor should he be expected to. He's also still learning, and if we want Top 6 we can't leave the responsibility for chance creation to a kid.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby yadunoe » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:22 am

Ya we need auaor and also I see auaor as someone who can play beside partey
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby NovaGB » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:17 pm

yadunoe wrote:Ya we need auaor and also I see auaor as someone who can play beside partey

I think we will use him from the left or cam and get Neves or Sanchez or Bissouma to play next to partey
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:03 pm

Man U and Liverpool have reportedly entered the race to sign him.

If snow moving at snails pace as we do often do with transfers is working against us again.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Zenith » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:06 pm

Özim wrote:Man U and Liverpool have reportedly entered the race to sign him.

If snow moving at snails pace as we do often do with transfers is working against us again.

It's way too early to tell whether or not we've been aggressive enough in the current transfer window.

So far, globally, just 1 player has moved for a fee north of £15m and only 4 players have moved for fees in excess of £10m.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:24 pm

Zenith wrote:

It's way too early to tell whether or not we've been aggressive enough in the current transfer window.

So far, globally, just 1 player has moved for a fee north of £15m and only 4 players have moved for fees in excess of £10m.

It isn’t really, we’re less attractive to come to than most top clubs, a rookie manager who’s has been failing, no CL or indeed European football, in a straight fight with those teams we’ve got no chance.

That’s why we should have been getting deals done early, we’re in a weak bargaining position.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:27 pm

Özim wrote:
Zenith wrote:

It isn’t really, we’re less attractive to come to than most top clubs, a rookie manager who’s has been failing, no CL or indeed European football, in a straight fight with those teams we’ve got no chance.

That’s why we should have been getting deals done early, we’re in a weak bargaining position.

Which part of this did you not understand?:
So far, globally, just 1 player has moved for a fee in north of £15m and only 4 players have moved for fees in excess of £10m.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:37 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Zenith wrote:

So far, globally, just 1 player has moved for a fee in north of £15m and only 4 players have moved for fees in excess of £10m.

Which part of this did you not understand?:

Who cares? Why does that matter, should we sit there and wait until 20 players over 10 million have moved?

Man U have as good as signed Sancho a transfer a million times more complicated than we’re going to go for, and they were in much better shape than we are.

We needed major surgery and I don’t think waiting around and letting other clubs beat us to it or come in for players we’re interested is the way forward, the early bird gets the worm as they say.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:10 pm

Zenith wrote:

What ?

- Hakimi - PSG €60m
- Rodrigo de Paul - Atleti €35m
- Patson Daka - LCFC £22m
- Boubakary Soumare - LCFC £17m
- Buendia- Villa £33m

How did all these happen then?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CaptGooner » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:11 pm

I’m not convinced we are actually in for this guy. I honestly think will be one of the top transfers of the window in terms of value; so hats off to whoever gets him (probably not us).
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill