Emerson Royal

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Emerson Royal

Postby Angelito » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:00 pm

Jase89 wrote:
RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:Theres a genuine case to argue that Spurs right now are the bigger club.

Not bigger, just better than us.

Yeah, better run definitely.

Levy bullied City in dropping their interest for Kane. Basically told them that he'd only entertain any talks if they bid £150m for Kane. :lol:

Btw, Kane was really stupid too. He closed all doors to any move outside England. Man could have been playing with Messi and Neymar. Instead, he's stuck at Spurs.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Emerson Junior

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:02 pm

Tony Adams wrote:Can't believe spurs are on the verge of getting Emerson Royal for 30m.

I've just had a wave of nausea wash over me like the incoming tide on a beach. I have not experienced such a sensation since the £40,000,001 bid for Luis Suarez less than 24 hours after all the verified reports that he wanted to join Arsenal.

In having advocated the signing of this fella for the last 3 years, if he was to now rock up at that mob down the road while we refused to acknowledge the detrimental effect of persisting with Hector Bellerin and then dithered when the opportunity presented itself.....

And, as if things couldn't get any worse, they are seemingly also pursuing with deadly serious intent the capture of Yves Bissouma, yes, Yves Bissouma who 99.99% of our fan base had identified as being exactly what the doctor ordered for our midfield deficiency, and that he has apparently shunned interest from Liverpool in preference for a move to Arsenal given he grew up as a gooner just like Harry Kane....

Remember that widely held mystical belief that Tottenham usually won the League or Cup in years ending in 1? Well hopefully, my rectal expelling of air is only symptomatic of the aforementioned feelings of gastric flu rather than recognition of having just had the 2020 Euro's and Olympic games.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:56 pm

Nobody even knew who Emerson royal was before we were linked with him, let’s be real.

Could be a good buy for spurs, could be more trash like airier.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:08 am

Santi wrote:Nobody even knew who Emerson royal was before we were linked with him, let’s be real.

Yup

Did a bit of research on him. Known in his homeland as the Brazilian Ben White. Ironic.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:26 am

Santi wrote:Nobody even knew who Emerson royal was before we were linked with him, let’s be real.

He's 22 and rated with the highest potential of any RB in Spain right now - for 25m this is a steal - worst case they sell him on again for 25m in a year or two. Meanwhile we have Bellerin leaving to fill that gap at Barca and our next best RB threatening to go on strike for a move .... yeah Spurs the big losers here for sure.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:15 am

Does he have the highest PA on FM?
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:30 pm

I had him on SM Worlds, heard of him, Lodi, Gabriel Magalhaes and Bruno Guimaraes at about the same time. I thiught him and Bruno would have been the perfect summer.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:38 pm

Lol PG picks all his signings from fake FM
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:53 pm

Santi wrote:Lol PG picks all his signings from fake FM
;)

Kaio Jorge next please :cheers:
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:16 pm

That's fair enough Santi, as now here I am trying to convince myself in hope that the last part of your comment indeed proves to be true and my own conviction woefully misplaced. But right now I'm not winning that particular battle.

Emery wanted him, to which point he would have been one of our former managers initial signings and given that he is now only 22, would have shown a decent bit of foresight clocking for a 19 year old costing €12M, as 3 years later he's sold at a cut price £25M due only to a fire sale in Barca's desperate need for cash.

Unfortunately, I cannot erase from my memory being linked to some Portuguese kid wanting to come to the Premier League and whilst we were mulling it over, he played in a pre-season friendly against Man Utd and was pretty much bought right there and then on the spot.

Or watching a young Dutch defender having just signed for Celtic and looking as smooth as glass and classy as a school, who some 2 years later was happy to join Arsenal, but we didn't want to pay the £12M asking price and stuck to our guns (no pun intended) at £10M whilst Southampton stumped up the cash and he went there instead.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:33 pm

Why did you have to bring up the Ronaldo one buddy, pains me to this day :(
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:49 pm

Emerson is more of a wing back, we are used to attacking full backs like him. Tomiyasu is more of a defensive right back or right centre back.

Maybe Emerson would have left White too isolated. Maybe we wanted a 6'2 defensive right back to help White who could even interchange with him.

I'm gutted cos I wanted a Brazilian core. Bruno Guimaraes and Emerson Royal would have been a great summer.

However, if we're looking at players to compliment each other then our starting Xi might require a more defensive right back than Emerson.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:18 am

Santi wrote:Why did you have to bring up the Ronaldo one buddy, pains me to this day :(

It pains you to this day...I'm still on prescription medication pal!
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:19 pm

Goddamn! Who was that guy playing right back for Tottenham against Palace last week and looking like a Circus contortionist after getting twisted up by Zaha?

Not only must La Liga now have an intensity level on par with that of our national conference league, but the Premier League be even better, stronger, quicker and much more intense than we even realised in just acknowledging it as the best.

Because the only other logical explanation for such a cataclysmic drop off in form and performance of the much-sought-after-until-last-week Brazilian, is the genuine existence of a natural phenomena known as the Tottenham effect.

Much like Urban Legends, rumours of its existence has often been debated amongst the inbred horde, with tangible evidence coming from the likes of Soldado, Ndombele, Docherty, Rebrov, Fazio, Pavlychenko, Bentaleib, Bent and even managers AVB, Gross, Santini and Ramos lending proof of it considerable substance.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:43 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:Goddamn! Who was that guy playing right back for Tottenham against Palace last week and looking like a Circus contortionist after getting twisted up by Zaha?

Not only must La Liga now have an intensity level on par with that of our national conference league, but the Premier League be even better, stronger, quicker and much more intense than we even realised in just acknowledging it as the best.

Because the only other logical explanation for such a cataclysmic drop off in form and performance of the much-sought-after-until-last-week Brazilian, is the genuine existence of a natural phenomena known as the Tottenham effect.

Much like Urban Legends, rumours of its existence has often been debated amongst the inbred horde, with tangible evidence coming from the likes of Soldado, Ndombele, Docherty, Rebrov, Fazio, Pavlychenko, Bentaleib, Bent and even managers AVB, Gross, Santini and Ramos lending proof of it considerable substance.

He did look absolutely dreadful, but he needs time to get used to the PL. It is a significant step up from La Liga.
You have to remember than 80% of the games he would have played in La Liga were against weak teams. Nothing like playing an away game to Palace. Whether he can step up to PL level can be better understood by looking how he did against Athletico, Barcelona and Madrid. If he was able to shine against those teams he may be able to get used to the PL and shine here too. I hope not, of course.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill