Emerson Royal

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Emerson Royal

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:15 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:Goddamn! Who was that guy playing right back for Tottenham against Palace last week and looking like a Circus contortionist after getting twisted up by Zaha?

Not only must La Liga now have an intensity level on par with that of our national conference league, but the Premier League be even better, stronger, quicker and much more intense than we even realised in just acknowledging it as the best.

Because the only other logical explanation for such a cataclysmic drop off in form and performance of the much-sought-after-until-last-week Brazilian, is the genuine existence of a natural phenomena known as the Tottenham effect.

Much like Urban Legends, rumours of its existence has often been debated amongst the inbred horde, with tangible evidence coming from the likes of Soldado, Ndombele, Docherty, Rebrov, Fazio, Pavlychenko, Bentaleib, Bent and even managers AVB, Gross, Santini and Ramos lending proof of it considerable substance.

He did look absolutely dreadful, but he needs time to get used to the PL. It is a significant step up from La Liga.
You have to remember than 80% of the games he would have played in La Liga were against weak teams. Nothing like playing an away game to Palace. Whether he can step up to PL level can be better understood by looking how he did against Athletico, Barcelona and Madrid. If he was able to shine against those teams he may be able to get used to the PL and shine here too. I hope not, of course.

Err.....yes I do get the points you are making Jay and all of them absolutely valid, but I fear that the fact that my musings were being made with my tongue shoved firmly into my cheek, may have gotten a little bit lost in translation as such, in only having been meant in jest and not really deserving of such a considered and detailed response.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill