Emerson Royal

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Emerson Royal

Postby elber » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:09 pm

According to reports in Brazil via the Sun, Arsenal are ready to launch an £8m bid to sign Atletico Mineiro full-back Emerson Junior ahead of the January window as Unai Emery looks to continue his squad overhaul.

Mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I’m optimistic as he sounds quite promising. On the other pessimistic because Andre Santos has put me off Brazilian full-backs for good. :dontknow:
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Re: Emerson Junior

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:12 pm

elber wrote:
According to reports in Brazil via the Sun, Arsenal are ready to launch an £8m bid to sign Atletico Mineiro full-back Emerson Junior ahead of the January window as Unai Emery looks to continue his squad overhaul.

Mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I’m optimistic as he sounds quite promising. On the other pessimistic because Andre Santos has put me off Brazilian full-backs for good. :dontknow:

We possibly employed the two worst Brazilians of all time, him and Denilson. Surely our luck should change on that? :pray:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:36 pm

elber wrote:

Santos aside, Brazil do have 3 of arguably world's 5 best left backs in A. Sandro, Telles, and Marcelo.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Of all the players that we have invariably been linked with, this is the transfer I really want to materialise.

From what I have seen of this fella I'm inclined to think he has been sprinkled with some pixie dust. I remember the first couple of games for the likes of Cole, Fabregas, Messi, Vieira, van Persie and knew that they had that special something about them, the x factor. This guy evokes a lot of the same feeling and inclination.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:32 pm

I assume this is the Emerson this thread is talking about?

Emerson Aparecido Leite de Souza Junior

Attacking right back.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/b ... erson.html

I bought him and Gabriel Magalhaes in soccer manager worlds before they were well known. Just need Renan Lodi for the full house!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:45 am

There are indeed two Emerson's. Since I can't get it to translate into English from Spanish for some reason, I'm going to assume it is definitely the same Emerson Junior I was referring to nearly 3 years ago now known as Emerson Royal and playing for Real Betis but co owned with Barcelona.

Another 'Yes Please!' from me following on from similar notions floated around about Max Arrons and Achraf Hakimi with Tariq Lamptey thrown in for good measure before prices and transfer rebuttals dashed those false hopes, does leave me feeling like a bit of an alcoholic having now drunk the brandy, whiskey and rum before spying a bottle of tequila tucked behind the sofa.

My mitigating apologies stem from having endured Hector Bellerin after his initial break through had promise of a 24 carat superstar being born before proving to be a false Idol made from lead.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Tue May 11, 2021 9:26 pm

Arsenal have joined the race to sign Real Betis star Emerson, according to Mundo Deportivo.

Barcelona are expected to act on their option to sign him at the end of the season, but with the likes of Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, AC Milan and Tottenham looking at him, the Spanish side could opt to cash in by selling him on again.

Arsenal and Villarreal are ready to enter the picture, too, and could chip in with a bid this summer.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue May 11, 2021 10:04 pm

Yes please!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed May 19, 2021 11:39 pm

Everton and Arsenal are keeping tabs on Real Betis defender Emerson Royal. The Brazil international, 22, is on loan from Barcelona but could be interested in a move to the Premier League if his options are limited at the Nou Camp. (Sport - in Spanish)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Fri May 21, 2021 7:21 pm

Reports saying he’s signed for Barcelona as they only had to pay 9 million euros.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu May 27, 2021 6:47 pm

Oh well, that's the best of the bunch now having been removed from the equation. Hakimi, Arrons and Lamptey remain as preferred options in that descending order.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:04 pm

The Gunners are contemplating a swap deal with Barcelona that would see Bellerin return to the club where he began his career and 22-year-old Brazil defender Emerson Royal move to north London. (Star)

No thanks
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:16 am

Tony Adams wrote:Yes please!
Similar age to Gabriel. Then get Bruno Guimaraes and we have our Brazilian core.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:44 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
Similar age to Gabriel. Then get Bruno Guimaraes and we have our Brazilian core.

God damn, even though you omitted Gabby Martinelli, your consideration is almost as though you had read my mind!
:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:46 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:

God damn, even though you omitted Gabby Martinelli, your consideration is almost as though you had read my mind!
:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
I have been playing an online football manager game for a couple of years now where i buy young, upcoming brazilian players.

Had Magalhaes, Guimaraes, Emerson and Lodi before they made it in Europe.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill