Lucas Torreira

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Lucas Torreira

Postby Ach » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:58 pm

0-0 for 85 mins

On he comes

Uruguay score within minutes

Coincidence?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Lucky7 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:33 pm

Ach wrote:0-0 for 85 mins

On he comes

Uruguay score within minutes

Coincidence?

Motm performance. Just his mere appearance on the pitch inspired his teammates to victory.
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:09 pm

Curious to see how emery deploys him. From what I’ve read about Emery’s tactics, he likes the DM to slot in between the CBs as a third CB when the team pushes up. When the full backs are in advanced positions, his CBs take a wide position and move up with the DM in between shaping up as a 343. Did that with N’Zonzi and Motta. Couldn’t do that with Torreira who is more of a Wengeresque ball playing type.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GBLShorty » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:22 pm

But he could do that with Xhaka/Elneny if they are deployed like they should be and not as box to box players that Wenger failed miserably with.

Xhaka could be a good defensive player if paired with soem protection, ie defenders who defend and not ball play and a another defensive midfielder.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 pm

GBLShorty wrote:But he could do that with Xhaka/Elneny if they are deployed like they should be and not as box to box players that Wenger failed miserably with.

Xhaka could be a good defensive player if paired with soem protection, ie defenders who defend and not ball play and a another defensive midfielder.

Nope, he doesn't have the mind for it, doesn't even want to do it.

Elneny does though, which is why he pushed his way into the squad, no one else wanted to do DM, which is why with him and Torriea we'll finally have decent options in that position.

I loved it at school, CB and CDM were my fav positions, I used to love slide tackling mofo's, that's why it irks me that we don't have one at AFC.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:30 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:Curious to see how emery deploys him. From what I’ve read about Emery’s tactics, he likes the DM to slot in between the CBs as a third CB when the team pushes up. When the full backs are in advanced positions, his CBs take a wide position and move up with the DM in between shaping up as a 343. Did that with N’Zonzi and Motta. Couldn’t do that with Torreira who is more of a Wengeresque ball playing type.

From what I read Torreira actually often drops back between the CBs.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Zenith » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:03 am

Defensive statistics vs elite midfielders

Offensive statistics vs elite midfielders

Passing statistics vs elite midfielders

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby GBLShorty » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:11 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:But he could do that with Xhaka/Elneny if they are deployed like they should be and not as box to box players that Wenger failed miserably with.

Nope, he doesn't have the mind for it, doesn't even want to do it.

Elneny does though, which is why he pushed his way into the squad, no one else wanted to do DM, which is why with him and Torriea we'll finally have decent options in that position.

I loved it at school, CB and CDM were my fav positions, I used to love slide tackling mofo's, that's why it irks me that we don't have one at AFC.

He did in Germany were he was a proper '6' like N'Zonzi/Carvalho and was even scouted by Bayern before we snatched him, hes just been paired with pussys who only attack and do no defensive work, if paired with a ball winner/shuttler/b2b type (a decent one of the 3, not a squaddy like Elneny) he would have so much more room to play his game, he could be like Manu Petit, i think our staff know this, thats why hes just had a contract extension.

I think we would have seen better results from him if he was paired in a midfield like this...

----Coqulin(ball winner)-----Ramsey(CM)
-----------------------Xhaka (DLP)----------------
----Back 4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

where he does not have to run, hes only really been played in this position maybe 3-4 times, and that is his true position.

He would be like Ozil where he only has to focus on his area of the pitch, he does not have the legs to be a midfielder.

And i agree with you about Elneny.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby yadunoe » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:42 am

Hes like kante ive said since day 1 we should of bought kante over xhaka hes aight but not even close to kante level
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:12 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Zedie » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:48 am

Zenith wrote:

Just saw this :rofll:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:42 pm

xhaka and defending.....oil and water.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GBLShorty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:34 pm

The more i watch this guy the more i think he will be unreal and knowing our luck end up in a City shirt in 2 years, South Americans are rarely loyal, time will tell.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby joleg » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:28 am

I just want the transfers to get done faster. So annoying to see the days pass and pass without anything done yet.
joleg
Patrick Vieira

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:31 am

joleg wrote:I just want the transfers to get done faster. So annoying to see the days pass and pass without anything done yet.

World Cup will have an effect on that, not a normal window, access to players is not as easy as it normally would be, medicals etc.

I think all things considered we seem to moving ahead relatively quickly.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football