James Maddison

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: James Maddison

Postby Santi » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:18 pm

please keep him jimmy
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:54 am

We need auaor and bissouma
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:51 am

I still don't get the need for a big money CAM when ESR has been great. Saka was awesome when filling in too and we have Pepe, Auba and Martinelli also fighting it out for wide positions meaning there is plenty of cover if Saka needs to play there.

We'd be better off signing a talented youngster to cover in cup games like we have done at LB and spending the big money on a partner for Partey in CM.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:01 am

Probably cos we were shit creatively.

Maddison is also better than ESR. Have both
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby CaptGooner » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:04 pm

Tony Adams wrote:I still don't get the need for a big money CAM when ESR has been great. Saka was awesome when filling in too and we have Pepe, Auba and Martinelli also fighting it out for wide positions meaning there is plenty of cover if Saka needs to play there.

We'd be better off signing a talented youngster to cover in cup games like we have done at LB and spending the big money on a partner for Partey in CM.

We’re in desperate need of creativity but Maddison isn’t it.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:31 pm

CaptGooner wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:I still don't get the need for a big money CAM when ESR has been great. Saka was awesome when filling in too and we have Pepe, Auba and Martinelli also fighting it out for wide positions meaning there is plenty of cover if Saka needs to play there.

^

ESR won't be able to play all the games. We're dire creatively. We need a CAM, however, as Capt said, Maddison isn't that guy.

Paying £60m for him, doubling his wages, giving him that #10 shirt—it's insanity.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:59 pm

Angelito wrote:
CaptGooner wrote:

^

ESR won't be able to play all the games. We're dire creatively. We need a CAM, however, as Capt said, Maddison isn't that guy.

Paying £60m for him, doubling his wages, giving him that #10 shirt—it's insanity.

Welcome to Arsenal 2021.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:46 pm

All or nothing
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby yadunoe » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:15 am

Auaor and bissouma for me because auaor can play cam and cm and bissouma is more defensive option we can use against big teams
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:31 pm

Arsenal are willing to offer Leicester City a number of players - including 21-year-old English winger Reiss Nelson - as part of a deal to sign England midfielder James Maddison, 24. (Daily Mail)

Maddison is a must get. Getting rid of bang average Nelson as well is a bonus
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:15 pm

Why would we want players not good enough for you?
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:55 pm

We seem hell bent on signing players who "might" be good if they perform at their best every game - the issue with Maddison, White and some of the others we are linked with is that they have just as many bad/average games as they do good ones .... put them on massive wages and the danger is we watch them becoming just another average squad player.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:51 am

Really dont want this guy. Dont get me wrong, I think he is a great player. However, I feel like the last Leicester managers have really perfected their team and tactics and absolutely got the most out of these players. I have ZERO trust in Arteta getting as much out of Maddison as the leicester team is getting. So By that logic I think we will end up with a player that really doesnt add alot to the team.

Wijnaldum under klopp is a similar example for me imo. Only plays so good for Liverpool because of klopp and his tactics imo. He failed at the national team and imo will fail at PSG.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:54 am

Dejan wrote:Really dont want this guy. Dont get me wrong, I think he is a great player. However, I feel like the last Leicester managers have really perfected their team and tactics and absolutely got the most out of these players. I have ZERO trust in Arteta getting as much out of Maddison as the leicester team is getting. So By that logic I think we will end up with a player that really doesnt add alot to the team.

Wijnaldum under klopp is a similar example for me imo. Only plays so good for Liverpool because of klopp and his tactics imo. He failed at the national team and imo will fail at PSG.

Doesn't Maddison have discipline problems? I can't see Areteta managing that, he doesn't have a good track record.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby VCC » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:36 am

Dont need a CAM when we are to busy playing it around our own box with a keeper with no clue on delivery or communication. Buy the time it got to anyone playing there it will be like a hospital pass.
Buy more defenders we are building the Arteta wall.
Learned everything he knows off trump
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill