Matthijs de Ligt

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Matthijs de Ligt

Postby yadunoe » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:06 am

Bring him in man and pavon we dont need any summer signing sell ozil rambo thats it
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby indy23 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:50 pm

yadunoe wrote:Bring him in man and pavon we dont need any summer signing sell ozil rambo thats it

This is precisely why we are under pool Chelsea city and Spurs. We should be fuckin spending. You can't not spend when ur team is littered with avg trash.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby yadunoe » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:52 am

indy23 wrote:
yadunoe wrote:Bring him in man and pavon we dont need any summer signing sell ozil rambo thats it

This is precisely why we are under pool Chelsea city and Spurs. We should be fuckin spending. You can't not spend when ur team is littered with avg trash.

If we spend big on de ligt and pavon sell ozil and rambo bring in a lb aswell id be satisfied tbh i think our team is pretty good though im not fully satisfied with leno yet
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Interest: waning » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:15 am

Just give us more Svemery signings. Their signings have been our best players so far.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Cannoner » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:45 am

indy23 wrote:

It's a process that takes time. Firstly we need to offload players that are no longer required under Unai like Ozil, Ramsey etc. These 2 on their own will free up over £100m+ in funds (Ozil at 350k a week on a 4 year contract + Ramsey wanting 250k a week for 5 years). That's not even taking into account appearance fees, goal bonuses etc.

Once they're out the door and off the balance sheet it'll free up funds and we can slowly mould the squad with Emery's signings.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cannoner » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:53 pm

Interest: waning wrote:Just give us more Svemery signings. Their signings have been our best players so far.

The magic man :hail:
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:14 pm

The Gunners are in contention to buy Ajax and Netherlands centre-back Mattijs de Ligt - but manager Unai Emery would have to trim the wage bill at Emirates Stadium before meeting the Dutch club's £70m valuation of the 19-year-old. (Sun on Sunday)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:42 am

Arsenal are eyeing a summer transfer swoop for Ajax defender Mattijs De Ligt, according to the Daily Mail.

The Gunners must finish in the top four to have any hope of financing a £70m ($91m) move for the Dutchman, while the possible sale of Mesut Ozil could also help to free up some funds.

De Ligt has long been an admirer of Arsenal and has worked with two club legends during his time in Amsterdam - Marc Overmars and Denis Bergkamp.

Bring him, Overmars and Bergkamp home

Bye Kos, Raul and Bould
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:24 am

Spending the bulk of our transfer money on a centre back would be awesome. We've been going for cheap options (Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gabriel, Mustafi, Chambers, Holding...) for years and it would be great to finally spend big on the position!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:33 am

Ill blow my own brains out if we spend 70 m on a defender. This cheap ass dollar store club. We will get some other pleb.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:26 pm

I love this club.....never change please. You guys always fell when the board feed the media about most wanted names to make the fans happy. Lool at arsenal getting europes most wanted defender
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nonlondoner » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:41 pm

Well it's a lot of money but he is quality.

Unfortunately Hard Brexit will mean young un-capped non-UK players are unlikely to get work permits from April so getting in raw talent before they become expensive will be more difficult.
Nonlondoner
Michael Thomas

Postby weaponx57 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:27 pm

Hmm I know everyone is like sell ozil which I agree with but who could replace him as a number 10?

As for this defender....its a huge punt and I seriously doubt the club will shell out the money for this guy.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby NovaGB » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:22 pm

I know this guy mainly from Football Manager, being the best defender in the game for the last 2 years and my go to signing, I don't know if he would be a good idea in real life.

Here's my reasoning..

Dumping a 19 year old into a already super shaky team defensively could be a disaster no matter how good his potential is.

He is likely only to want to stay here for 2-3 seasons because he looks destined for Barcelona.

His wages will probably be crazy for a 19 year old who is nowhere near the finished article.

Pros...

We could sign him for say 50-70m then sell him for 150-200m to a big club in a couple of seasons, if he does well (but if he bombs we are stuck with a expensive flop)

For using him on FM alone, i'd love him in our team, but for that kind of money i would much rather go out and grab Manolas who is the finished article at half the price because of his release clause, and because he will work well with Sokratis and being Greek, because he is currently the better player, and we need immediate impact, not crazy good potential.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:51 pm

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/arsenal ... 68lrkqt8kw

Bring Overmars home now ffs

Monchi lol

Sven loool
Ach
SE13
SE13