Çağlar Söyüncü

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Çağlar Söyüncü

Postby Hybrid47 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:58 am

He looks a tidy little player - dogged in the tackle and not bad on the ball either.

He's definitely a lot more athletic than the likes of Chambers and Holding that's for sure.

Sokratis, Mavropanos and Soyuncu - with Chambers sold and Holding going on loan.
Hybrid47
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 16, 2018 12:27 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:See as I said, even if the manager's not appointed we have to get used to the fact that it won't hold up transfers.

Sven is now in charge of that, tbh I think its a breath of fresh air, he's already brought in Auba and Mkhi so I've yet to have reason to complain.

I just find it hard to believe. The idea that a manager really has little or no say over which transfers happen

For example, does that work for outgoing transfers as well?

What if the manager doesn't want a player but Mr Sven pays £40M for him? It doesn't make sense in real life

Apparently ........ this is the model now, not just us but lots of other clubs as well.

Obviously when we have a manager they'll keep them in the loop, get their impression on it but ultimately Misinslat is in charge.

Remember we're not getting an old school club manager. we're shopping for a Team coach.

The coach and Misinslat will discuss what they feel the team needs from the coaches point of view but its not essential, for e,g we obviously need a defender, Misinslat looks like he's getting on with it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:38 pm

I don’t buy this model where the manager is completely disconnected from the transfers.

It needs to happen in collaboration. Otherwise we’re going to end up with players who potentially can’t play how our manager wants to.

I get it in the context of cheap finds like Mavropanos. But to shell out big sums when we’re made to believe we have a limited budget just seems a bit dumfounded. Hopefully it works out
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Wed May 16, 2018 1:10 pm

alexafc12 wrote:I don’t buy this model where the manager is completely disconnected from the transfers.

It needs to happen in collaboration. Otherwise we’re going to end up with players who potentially can’t play how our manager wants to.

I get it in the context of cheap finds like Mavropanos. But to shell out big sums when we’re made to believe we have a limited budget just seems a bit dumfounded. Hopefully it works out

You only need to look as far as conte and Chelsea this season.

Fully agree on the above.

Then again, it's probably why they're looking at arteta. The guys been an assistant to the assistant manager at city for 2 years and that's his only experience which is f***ing farcical. They want him because he'll be greatful for a job instead of demanding the best for the system he wants to play.

I don't care if hes the second coming of Jesus, even jesus had to prove himself by turning water into wine.

Only thing arteta has done is kept his hair immaculate in all weather (ok that is impressive but still).

I'm so cold on this appointment and sincerely hope I'm proven wrong, but I can only see an inexperienced arteta learning the harsh lessons of management at our expense and it all comes down to the board not shelling out on what we need...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed May 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Freiburg defender Caglar Soyuncu is determined to push though a move to the Premier League in the coming weeks, according to Football London.

The 21-year-old centre-back is considered one of Europe's best defensive prospects, with Arsenal, Manchester United and Manchester City all keen on the Turkey international.

Soyuncu is a top priority for the Gunners, but the player's representatives are currently negotiating with multiple clubs.

He wont be coming then
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sun May 27, 2018 10:32 pm

Freiburg defender Caglar Soyuncu, 22, insists he has no deal in place with Arsenal but the Turkey international is planning transfer talks with the club. (Goal)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby realtalk » Mon May 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Not sold on this guy goes to ground too easy.Very very rash, Not sold on having 5 combative rash cbs mustafi ,sokatris ,caglar ,chambers ,mavro.
5 rash tacklers in your back line and you want to play pressing game & high line just does not scream smart.

Holding would be the only cb that plays on positioning and timing,interceptions. Something wrong there. I rather gamble on that diallo kid and keep the budget much bigger. The diallo kid plays on positioning and timing , interception & is has very good recovery without going to ground.

When everything with a defender is slide tackles it does not give me confidence.You either slow ,not good at position and your rash. Imagine having 5 mustafis on 1 team jeez.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Mon May 28, 2018 8:27 pm

realtalk wrote:Not sold on this guy goes to ground too easy.Very very rash, Not sold on having 5 combative rash cbs mustafi ,sokatris ,caglar ,chambers ,mavro.
5 rash tacklers in your back line and you want to play pressing game & high line just does not scream smart.

Holding would be the only cb that plays on positioning and timing,interceptions. Something wrong there. I rather gamble on that diallo kid and keep the budget much bigger. The diallo kid plays on positioning and timing , interception & is has very good recovery without going to ground.

When everything with a defender is slide tackles it does not give me confidence.You either slow ,not good at position and your rash. Imagine having 5 mustafis on 1 team jeez.

Pure red cards everywhere
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Mon May 28, 2018 8:36 pm

apparently hes very good on the ball, hummels like
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Losmeister » Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 pm

good one, zed... even jesus had to prove himself
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby yadunoe » Tue May 29, 2018 4:08 am

need to get some big names in man atleast one decent name needed very pissed about liverpool getting fabinho .
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Wed May 30, 2018 1:24 pm

typical arsenal signing. A young player with some potential. Then you have Pavard who is similar age, but much better and we dnt go for him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Wed May 30, 2018 6:53 pm

gooney wrote:typical arsenal signing. A young player with some potential. Then you have Pavard who is similar age, but much better and we dnt go for him

Pavard made this freak pass a while back -

Absolute bot
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Santi » Wed May 30, 2018 7:39 pm

What a f***ing ball :hail:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Wed May 30, 2018 8:20 pm

This guy is very much like mustafi. He has done most individual mistake that led to goals in. Bundesliga since 2016
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill