Gelson Martins

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Gelson Martins

Postby GoonerBeatYa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Zedie wrote:Whoever said Walcott and welbeck can f***ing fight me right now. He's a certified ankle breaker whose career won't be destroyed over here because the whole country won't have a weird obsession with his hairline and talk about that more than his actual footballing talent

https://youtu.be/V_EqLyisQWM

Average player. I bet I could find a youtube video of Theo and he would look amazing, oh and that video ain't all that.

" I eat football. Sleep football. I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."
- Thierry Henry
GoonerBeatYa
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:05 pm

He doesn't look special in that video. He's not having to work very hard, a lot of sketchy defending
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Ach » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:49 pm

Arsenal are mulling over a bid for Portugal international winger Gelson Martins, reports O Jogo.

The 23-year-old has attracted a host of interested parties with his displays for Sporting, scoring eight goals and adding nine assists in the Portuguese league in 2017-18.

Martins has a contract with Sporting through 2022, including a €60 million (£52m/$70m) release clause.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:52 am

Ach wrote:
Arsenal are mulling over a bid for Portugal international winger Gelson Martins, reports O Jogo.

The 23-year-old has attracted a host of interested parties with his displays for Sporting, scoring eight goals and adding nine assists in the Portuguese league in 2017-18.

Martins has a contract with Sporting through 2022, including a €60 million (£52m/$70m) release clause.

Id rather martial lemar dembele over him but hes my 4th choice
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:18 pm

Its pretty tough these days, every club expects maximum profits for their players.

They want £35m apparently, he's just not worth that though is he? I've rarely seen him though .........

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/06/gelson-m ... g-7610318/
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:40 pm

Had a bid rejected apparently
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:14 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Its pretty tough these days, every club expects maximum profits for their players.

They want £35m apparently, he's just not worth that though is he? I've rarely seen him though .........

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/06/gelson-m ... g-7610318/

ya we shouldnt be spending that much on a winger unless hes top class need to spend big on a DM
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby joleg » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:14 pm

Cristian Pavón is so much better than this guy. This guy looks like a worst version of Gervinho and he didn't go to well in Arsenal.
joleg
Patrick Vieira

Postby GBLShorty » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:59 pm

If Lemar is worth 100m+, Malcom @ 60-70m then this guy is worth 30m atleast
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby KG3 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Yes please we haven't had an explosive winger with technical ability in years the likes of Sanchez, Walcott, Gervinho Podolski and Arshavin were more like WF/SS and Nasri was an attacking midfielder, Hleb was probably the last real winger we had.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GBLShorty » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:28 pm

KG3 wrote:Yes please we haven't had an explosive winger with technical ability in years the likes of Sanchez, Walcott, Gervinho Podolski and Arshavin were more like WF/SS and Nasri was an attacking midfielder, Hleb was probably the last real winger we had.

Hleb was a in the hole CAM.

Last winger whos job was to run and trick down the wing then cross I remember us having was Glenn Helder, Overmars and Pires were cut inside types as well playing inverted.

I think Reiss Nelson and Reine-Adelaide are wingers
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby joleg » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:39 pm

Gervinho was a winger and he was better than Gelson Martins and he couldn't impressed Wenger.
joleg
Patrick Vieira

Postby yadunoe » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:37 am

joleg wrote:Gervinho was a winger and he was better than Gelson Martins and he couldn't impressed Wenger.

gervinho was world class till he got to the final 3rd then he turned into championship level.
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby KG3 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:03 pm

GBLShorty wrote:
KG3 wrote:Yes please we haven't had an explosive winger with technical ability in years the likes of Sanchez, Walcott, Gervinho Podolski and Arshavin were more like WF/SS and Nasri was an attacking midfielder, Hleb was probably the last real winger we had.

Last winger whos job was to run and trick down the wing then cross I remember us having was Glenn Helder, Overmars and Pires were cut inside types as well playing inverted.

This right here just proves you don't know what you're talking about
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GBLShorty » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:35 pm

KG3 wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:

This right here just proves you don't know what you're talking about

We I haven't seen much of either, except I saw Reiss playing wing back in the league cup and Europa and hitting crosses and R.A playing as a winger and crossing in a pre season match were everyone was hyping him up...

Hence why I said 'I think'

You saying Hleb was a winger shows you never watched him, its called 'Hleb in a hole' for a reason...

Player runs down the wing crossing the ball = winger

Reiss Nelson ain't Dennis Bergkamp mate.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill