Thomas Lemar

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Thomas Lemar

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Gs1981 wrote:i'm just saying that everyone is convinced hes going to slot in the Sanchez role.

But even so i was just putting out idea, no need to get all nitpicky school boy over it.

100% at different times this season we have played with wide midfielders and other times with wing backs, the formations with Niles and Nelson were wide midfielders, plus Ox at the end of last season.

Why does it take 2 of you to correct me anyway? i stick by my guns, we have tried loads of variations of a similar formation this season, all i tried to do was point out he plays left midfield and you lot started crying.

Same with my Ox comparison.

Fair play mate, ignore the plonkers acting like 14 y o schoolgirls.

Anyhow, we all know what Wenger is like with converting people, he’d probably play Lemar CF with Laca on the wing :hiding:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:53 am

2 goals and 3 assists in 13 appearances this season. Pretty poor IMO
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Lolzil » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:51 pm

Mbappe is the only real star of his generation and we let him slip
Lolzil
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:55 am

I think we should bring in di maria or draxler instead
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby coach8smallball » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:24 pm

Gs1981 wrote:He wants Liverpool mate.

now with couthino on his way to barca, looks like lemar could be got by lfc
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby realtalk » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Liverpool have the money after selling coutinho. That's what could ruin Monaco selling to us really. Why would they take less money from us when liverpool will pay the request and then sum. This could then force lemar to move if he wants to play in the prem or a big club.

Wenger hesitated to buy this guy now have to pay premium. I think pool are after the same targets really. Lemar,grotezk.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Clearly going to Pool after this Coutinho deal, price will be inflated though as everyone knows they're getting 150m.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby realtalk » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:22 pm

Mesüt wrote:Clearly going to Pool after this Coutinho deal, price will be inflated though as everyone knows they're getting 150m.

if thats official fee then pool only have 75 mill. They bought van dijk. Wenger would never pay that for a player. Pool would.

Its really down to lemar but yh he's probably gone to pool. He can play wide and cm. His play style is very kdb esq. That's a decent replacement for countinho. keita comes next season. They will probably get rid of Sturridge,Belgium kid and get a striker probably aubamy in summer and then compete for league.

Most of our intrest in players is for replacing Sanchez and ozil. We are not looking to add really. All our targets are ozil,Sanchez replacements.

All we are doing is looking for replacements no adds really. The most legit position we are looking at is rb but again its to replace debuchy as his contract should be expiring.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Mesüt wrote:Clearly going to Pool after this Coutinho deal, price will be inflated though as everyone knows they're getting 150m.

well it's pretty simple with lemar now. he's cup tied in Europe i think (or he might be able to play europa), he's both liverpool and our number 1 target. the race is on to sell Alexis so we have a genuine chance. dont think he has a real preference as to who to go to, but uncertainty over arsene's future may push him to liverpool
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:16 pm

If Liverpool get Lemar and Goretzka they will lock down top four for the next few seasons.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby immsun » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:37 am

He ain't coming here
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:51 am

Both Lemar and to a lesser extent Mahrez can pick their next club .... with Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd (and City if they want either) all willing to pay top price we will only get one if the rest don't want him .....

We have the cash, but we don't have the will and right now we're just not an attractive proposition ....

Until we get a new manager that ain't changing ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:08 pm

As mentioned we're only interested in replacing players, not adding to our squad, so if we don't sell Sanchez we won't be in for Lemar, indeed we only bid for Lemar at the end of the last window as we'd as good as sold Sanchez to City and had covered the incoming fee with our sales.

If we don't lose Sanchez in Jan he'll be gone in the summer, trouble is we have no foresight and don't plan so rather than signing someone a bit early in preparation, we'll wait until he's gone before we even start looking, then we'll chase someone all summer and panic buy at the end of the window after lowballing the club of the player we want for months.

Plus Lemar has a choice now, can't see him wanting to come to a sinking ship.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:19 pm

We won't bid what Monaco want.
Nobody of note will want to join a sinking ship.
Only chance is if Wenger leaves and we pay the asking price and don't f**k around by haggling for less.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby redordead » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:33 pm

Arseblog saying wenger has said that arsenal will be doing business in January that means Sanchez gone and we will sign some crap up unknown k*** from some fuking village no-one has ever heard off
I set myself some very low standards in which i fail to achieve
redordead
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill