Thomas Lemar

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Thomas Lemar

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:47 pm

It's the Sun.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:33 pm

Man we can't waste more time the difference between lemar and mahrez is minimal if lemar is taking time move on to mahrez dont waste time you bald dildo gazizdis
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby indy23 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:43 pm

yadunoe wrote:Man we can't waste more time the difference between lemar and mahrez is minimal if lemar is taking time move on to mahrez dont waste time you bald dildo gazizdis

lol haha that was funny. Im afraid this sage goes until August 31 and up with matudi for sanchez.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:24 pm

yadunoe wrote:Man we can't waste more time the difference between lemar and mahrez is minimal if lemar is taking time move on to mahrez dont waste time you bald dildo gazizdis

The difference is they play in different positions. Lemar is essentially a central midfielder. Mahrez is final 3rd player
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fenice » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Just throw damned money. Enough with this nonsense. We need him in practice asap.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Seriouslyyyy what is the hold up?
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GoonerBeatYa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 pm

ALLCAPS_ wrote:Seriouslyyyy what is the hold up?

" I eat football. Sleep football. I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."
- Thierry Henry
GoonerBeatYa
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:49 pm

GoonerBeatYa wrote:

This has to be one of the greatest gifs of all time, never gets tired.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerBeatYa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:43 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
GoonerBeatYa wrote:

If someone can find a better gift related to Arsenal than I want to see lol

" I eat football. Sleep football. I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."
- Thierry Henry
GoonerBeatYa
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:59 am

Arsenal to make increased £45 million bid for Monaco midfielder Thomas Lemar

Arsenal intend to make an increased £45 million bid for Monaco’s Thomas Lemar as the French champions also face renewed pressure from Real Madrid over a potential world record £161 million deal for Kylian Mbappe.

With Alexis Sanchez expected to outline a desire to leave when he returns on Monday for pre-season training, Arsenal are still pursuing Lemar, even though they have had two bids in excess of £30 million turned down so far this summer.

Monaco have already made a series of other major sales and were resolved to keeping Lemar although it is understood that he was regarded as key to persuading the 18-year-old Mbappe to stay and sign a new contract.

Mbappe has become the most sought after player in world football and it was reported on Tuesday by the Spanish newspaper Marca that Monaco and Real had “in principle” settled on a basic £143.5 million fee that would include £17.5 million of potential add-ons.

A six-year contract worth around £6.26 million was also quoted. Marca’s close links with Real has given the story extra credibility but Monaco responded by communicating that no deal had been agreed.

Monaco also took the unusual step last week of complaining about the conduct of certain clubs, including Madrid and Manchester City, in respect of Mbappe and have already threatened to take the matter to Fifa.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has promised to act respectfully in his pursuit of players and was interested in Mbappe as well as Lemar. Wenger, though, does not expect Mbappe to be sold and has focused his attention on Lemar, a player who would be ideally suited to the left-sided role of Sanchez or even as an extra high-quality option in central midfield. Lemar, 21, finished last season with 12 goals and 14 assists for Monaco.

Wenger also remains adamant that a decision has been taken to keep Sanchez even if he does not agree to extend a contract that expires next summer. That stance, however, would surely be reassessed should Lemar sign or if an extraordinary offer was made for Sanchez. Paris St Germain and Manchester City are both interested.

Madrid are also still confident that a deal can still be struck for Mbappe that would obliterate the world record transfer fee that was paid last summer by Manchester United for Paul Pogba.

At just 18, Mbappe is likely to be concerned by his potential game time at Madrid but the European champions have now sold Alvaro Morata to Chelsea and loaned James Rodriguez to Bayern Munich.

That leaves space for another striker to compete for what are usually three main attacking positions with Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema. If Real do succeed in persuading both Mbappe and Monaco, it would also represent a continuation of the concentration of the absolute elite attacking talent in world football in Spain, even despite the Premier League’s added wealth.

£45m? I don't think they'd even look at it. We have to go full-throttle to land Lemar. I also believe that if we land Lemar, we will sell Alexis.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:41 am

Angelito wrote:
Arsenal to make increased £45 million bid for Monaco midfielder Thomas Lemar

Arsenal intend to make an increased £45 million bid for Monaco’s Thomas Lemar as the French champions also face renewed pressure from Real Madrid over a potential world record £161 million deal for Kylian Mbappe.

With Alexis Sanchez expected to outline a desire to leave when he returns on Monday for pre-season training, Arsenal are still pursuing Lemar, even though they have had two bids in excess of £30 million turned down so far this summer.

Monaco have already made a series of other major sales and were resolved to keeping Lemar although it is understood that he was regarded as key to persuading the 18-year-old Mbappe to stay and sign a new contract.

Mbappe has become the most sought after player in world football and it was reported on Tuesday by the Spanish newspaper Marca that Monaco and Real had “in principle” settled on a basic £143.5 million fee that would include £17.5 million of potential add-ons.

A six-year contract worth around £6.26 million was also quoted. Marca’s close links with Real has given the story extra credibility but Monaco responded by communicating that no deal had been agreed.

Monaco also took the unusual step last week of complaining about the conduct of certain clubs, including Madrid and Manchester City, in respect of Mbappe and have already threatened to take the matter to Fifa.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has promised to act respectfully in his pursuit of players and was interested in Mbappe as well as Lemar. Wenger, though, does not expect Mbappe to be sold and has focused his attention on Lemar, a player who would be ideally suited to the left-sided role of Sanchez or even as an extra high-quality option in central midfield. Lemar, 21, finished last season with 12 goals and 14 assists for Monaco.

Wenger also remains adamant that a decision has been taken to keep Sanchez even if he does not agree to extend a contract that expires next summer. That stance, however, would surely be reassessed should Lemar sign or if an extraordinary offer was made for Sanchez. Paris St Germain and Manchester City are both interested.

Madrid are also still confident that a deal can still be struck for Mbappe that would obliterate the world record transfer fee that was paid last summer by Manchester United for Paul Pogba.

At just 18, Mbappe is likely to be concerned by his potential game time at Madrid but the European champions have now sold Alvaro Morata to Chelsea and loaned James Rodriguez to Bayern Munich.

That leaves space for another striker to compete for what are usually three main attacking positions with Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema. If Real do succeed in persuading both Mbappe and Monaco, it would also represent a continuation of the concentration of the absolute elite attacking talent in world football in Spain, even despite the Premier League’s added wealth.

£45m? I don't think they'd even look at it. We have to go full-throttle to land Lemar. I also believe that if we land Lemar, we will sell Alexis.

I'm more inclined to spend 50m on mahrez then 80m on lemar monoco will want top dollar for him now
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:20 am

Mike Dean wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:Lemar or Marcos Asensio? Who'd you rather?

Asensio is to RM as Muller is to BM.

Neither the Spanish, nor the German Giants are letting go of these two.

Why even bother bringing their names up as transfer targets?

Let a man dream goddammit
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:22 am

GoonerBeatYa wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
GoonerBeatYa wrote:

If someone can find a better gift related to Arsenal than I want to see lol

Can't even argue this tbf. His face seals it.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:43 am

yadunoe wrote:I'm more inclined to spend 50m on mahrez then 80m on lemar monoco will want top dollar for him now

£50m on Mahrez?? you smoking pal?

The best offer Leicester have had so far is £35m from Roma, if we offered £40m - £45m I think they'd bite our hand off considering the player wants to come here as well.

Apparently we're going in with £50m for Lemar, we should just go £55m final offer.

The way its going they're not going to get a better offer from anywhere else for a midfielder and we should let them know that.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby CaptGooner » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:51 pm

Monaco VP has ruled out move for Lemar. If we really wanted him, we should have gone in with a real offer to start the window. Versus low balling and waiting until after they sell half their team.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill