Thomas Lemar

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Thomas Lemar

Postby MecurialGooner » Mon May 15, 2017 4:19 pm

ALLCAPS_ wrote:So if we're looking at him then Sanchez is either leaving or cf next season.

Sanchez is leaving. No doubt in my mind.

I'd say losing Sanchez and getting Lemar + Mahrez is a good deal in the end.

Of course you'd rather keep a player like Sanchez and just add quality to the squad. But if Sanchez is set on leaving, getting 2 wingers of the quality of Lemar and Mahrez wouldn't be so bad, the LB/LWB position is already sorted with the Schalke lad, so all we'd need then is a GK, CB, CM and CF.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Mon May 15, 2017 4:23 pm

To be honest we were miles away that year. Barely made top 4 I doubt even having RVP would've changed much apart from united being even worse than they were. Everyone was shocking that season though.
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gooney » Mon May 15, 2017 5:01 pm

MecurialGooner wrote:
ALLCAPS_ wrote:So if we're looking at him then Sanchez is either leaving or cf next season.

Of course you'd rather keep a player like Sanchez and just add quality to the squad. But if Sanchez is set on leaving, getting 2 wingers of the quality of Lemar and Mahrez wouldn't be so bad, the LB/LWB position is already sorted with the Schalke lad, so all we'd need then is a GK, CB, CM and CF.

2 good players are not better than 1 great players. Sanchez is by miles our best player. Reminds me of replacing rvp with podolski and giroud.....people said the exact same thing
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gunpowder » Mon May 15, 2017 5:03 pm

BS221B wrote:
Monaco midfielder Thomas Lemar is Arsenal’s number one target in this summer’s transfer window with the Frenchman valued at around £25million.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/11/arsenal-p ... w-6629585/

We are definitely going to sign him.

having young wingers that have technique, its like a dream.

Lol 25m would be robbery.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby MecurialGooner » Mon May 15, 2017 5:15 pm

gooney wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:

2 good players are not better than 1 great players. Sanchez is by miles our best player. Reminds me of replacing rvp with podolski and giroud.....people said the exact same thing

I'd love to keep Sanchez, I'd rather we kept him tbh but it just isn't going to happen.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Tue May 16, 2017 8:46 pm

please get lemar <3

for some reason I've preferred him to Mbappe all season, would love both though ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:47 pm

We're actually strongly linked with him.

Favourites to sign him according to skybet but they've taken it down :think:
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Tue May 16, 2017 8:55 pm

quality at freekicks as well so can replace sanchez on them ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Thu May 18, 2017 11:27 am

ALLCAPS_ wrote:To be honest we were miles away that year. Barely made top 4 I doubt even having RVP would've changed much apart from united being even worse than they were. Everyone was shocking that season though.

Miles away?
The point the gentleman had made was that keeping van persie and adding to the team was what was needed to take us from champions league qualifiers to premier league winners.
That was what van persie more or less said and our brainwashed into believing arsenal can not do better sheep decided that like previous players who had left it was van persie who was the bad guy for wanting the best from his career
I have arsenal in my very marrow as a fan but were I a player I would do what was best for my career.
It's the managers job to make that the arsenal
Wenger has not done his job
Anyway back to the miles away
Rvp goals helped us gain 27 points in 11/12 for arsenal
In 12/13 we finished 16 points behind man Utd
In 12/13 Rvp goals helped man Utd gain 27 points
Keeping what you have and also adding better is the way to improve
Selling what you have and not replacing with a world class forward is not
Rocket science it ain't
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Palin » Mon May 29, 2017 10:54 pm

L'Équipe today report that AS Monaco are willing to let go of Thomas Lemar for £25m.

Thats a good price but i dont think he would fit well with our new formation. If we bring him Alexis has to play striker role and neither Özil or Lemar scores enough. If we stayed as 4-2-3-1 then he would be good addition.
Palin
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sims » Mon May 29, 2017 10:56 pm

In a 343 the most important attributes for the wide players is dribbling and final third passes/passing into the box

A front theee of Lemar - Alexis - Özil would have very high assist numbers & goalscoring tallies
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Mon May 29, 2017 11:16 pm

give me lemarrrrrrrrrr

he can finish 10000000x better than Iwobi so he'd be a great buy
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby mel4 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Mesüt wrote:give me lemarrrrrrrrrr

he can finish 10000000x better than Iwobi so he'd be a great buy

Even my late Grandma can finish more than Iwobi

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed May 31, 2017 3:51 pm

BS221B wrote:
Monaco midfielder Thomas Lemar is Arsenal’s number one target in this summer’s transfer window with the Frenchman valued at around £25million.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/11/arsenal-p ... w-6629585/

We are definitely going to sign him.

You have just guaranteed that we won't
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ESR10 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:22 pm

Arsenal are reportedly planning to pursue Monaco midfielder Thomas Lemar, who has been heavily linked with Tottenham Hotspur.
According to a report by L’Equipe, Arsenal are ready to indulge in big business this summer as they are targeting Thomas Lemar from Monaco. Earlier reports suggested that the Gunners are serious about signing Lemar’s teammate Kylian Mbappe as well, and are willing to pay a large sum in order to lure him.

All eyes will be on how Wenger fares this summer as far as transfers are concerned since he has not had enough luck with the same on previous occasions. Although he got a two-year extension on his contract and won the FA Cup, fans are still apprehensive about the Frenchman, and he will be looking to sign some quality players.

Thomas Lemar joined Monaco in a £3.4m deal two years ago, and has enjoyed a stellar season under Leonardo Jardim. The 21-year-old played pivotal roles in Monaco’s emphatic Ligue 1 victory and also in their Champions League run which lasted till the semi-finals.
In 28 Ligue 1 appearances last season, Lemar contributed to nine goals and 10 assists. He shone for Monaco even in the Champions League, with two goals and four assists in nine games. For a youngster like him, such numbers speak volumes about the amount of potential he possesses.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill