Jean Seri

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Jean Seri

Postby gooney » Fri May 25, 2018 1:15 pm

we are linked with guys like seri and praet. Its clear emery has identified we lack good ball players in central midfield. Every good team we have played last season dominated and outfootballed our central midfield and we struggled to keep the ball. We just need better talents all over the squad except for attack
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Fri May 25, 2018 1:32 pm

If we get Seri we're pretty much confirmed to be playing 433 this season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri May 25, 2018 6:52 pm

CaptGooner wrote:Think last window was our best chance to get him. Others clubs are going to be offering more contract wise.

I don't think so. He had an agreement w Barca and Nice took the deal off the table at the last second. Players will Barca over us pretty much every time.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GBLShorty » Fri May 25, 2018 8:26 pm

Pudpop wrote:If we get Seri we're pretty much confirmed to be playing 433 this season

I agree

Seri (b2b) Elneny (dlp) Ramsey (playmaker) with the possibility of N'Zonzi replacing Elneny in the starting birth and hopefully Xhaka sold.

I'd like to see

---------------------Auba---------------------
---------------Mkhy------Ozil----------------
------------Seri---N'Zonzi--Ramsey------
Monreal--Koscielny--Sokratis--Bellerin
----------------------Leno----------------------

Although we can play Seri with Ramsey if we are playing 5 at the back imo.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Angelito » Fri May 25, 2018 8:30 pm

In what world is Ramsey a playmaker?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Fri May 25, 2018 8:30 pm

what is with the obsession of nzonzi hes far too old and far too expensive
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby GBLShorty » Fri May 25, 2018 8:30 pm

aniym wrote:
CaptGooner wrote:Think last window was our best chance to get him. Others clubs are going to be offering more contract wise.

I don't think so. He had an agreement w Barca and Nice took the deal off the table at the last second. Players will Barca over us pretty much every time.

I think Barca only went for him as a cheaper option because there are much better players than him that play in his position.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GBLShorty » Fri May 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Sims wrote:what is with the obsession of nzonzi hes far too old and far too expensive

More mobile version of William Carvalho, better than our current DMs, French, a Emery favourite and Sevilla want him out, so there for cheap.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GBLShorty » Fri May 25, 2018 8:35 pm

Angelito wrote:In what world is Ramsey a playmaker?

roaming playmaker would be what i'd classify him as, what would you call him?
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Sims » Fri May 25, 2018 8:35 pm

GBLShorty wrote:
Sims wrote:what is with the obsession of nzonzi hes far too old and far too expensive

More mobile version of William Carvalho, better than our current DMs, French, a Emery favourite and Sevilla want him out, so there for cheap.

krychowiak was an emery favourite and he binned him after 3 months at psg. emery probably wont be the one presenting his ideal players to sven & raul

we depserately need mobility in the middle of midfield, not another cumbersome dm. lucas torreira would be a perfect fit alongside xhaka

and i know u want him gone but emery is reportedly a big fan of xhaka and has wanted to work with his previously according to kike marin, who was one of the first to suggest emery to arsenal

so unlucky
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby GBLShorty » Fri May 25, 2018 8:38 pm

Sims wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:

krychowiak was an emery favourite and he binned him after 3 months at psg. emery probably wont be the one presenting his ideal players to sven & raul

we depserately need mobility in the middle of midfield, not another cumbersome dm. lucas torreira would be a perfect fit alongside xhaka

and i know u want him gone but emery is reportedly a big fan of xhaka and has wanted to work with his previously according to kike marin, who was one of the first to suggest emery to arsenal

so unlucky

N'Zonzi is not cumbersome, hes the only real DM mentioned that can actually run compared to Carvalho, Krychowiak, Xhaka etc, Torreira is a nobody, might as well get Denilson back.

Danilo of Porto would be a good option also.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Sims » Fri May 25, 2018 8:40 pm

GBLShorty wrote:
Sims wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:

so unlucky

N'Zonzi is not cumbersome, hes the only real DM mentioned that can actually run compared to Carvalho, Krychowiak, Xhaka etc, Torreira is a nobody, might as well get Denilson back.

yeah torreira is a nobody except the fact that he's better and younger than everyone you've listed
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby GBLShorty » Fri May 25, 2018 8:40 pm

Sims wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:
Sims wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:

so unlucky

yeah torreira is a nobody except the fact that he's better and younger than everyone you've listed

lol.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Pudpop » Fri May 25, 2018 9:59 pm

GBLShorty wrote:

A box to box midfielder, which is what he is. Definitely not a playmaker in the traditional sense of the word

Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GBLShorty » Fri May 25, 2018 11:24 pm

Pudpop wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:

A box to box midfielder, which is what he is. Definitely not a playmaker in the traditional sense of the word

Box to Box midfielders defend and attack, Ramsey is attack only.

A deep lying Roaming CAM? a Mezalla?
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill