Idrissa Gueye

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Idrissa Gueye

Postby elber » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:39 pm

If we’re going to spend 50M on a black water carrier it may aswell be on Doucoure who is not only nearly 4 years younger and possesses just as good a engine and tackling ability but can actually play football a bit.
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby darkshadow1111 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:43 pm

For 50m I would drive him to the emirates for you. He's a great player but I don't think would fit in a big team and thats why I was surprised PSG were eagerly pushing for him this January. He's a great tackler, one of the best in the league imo and has a great engine and work rate but what lets him down is his passing- at time it can be atrocious but granted its been getting better recently. He also has his heart set on PSG so I don't know if he would even consider you. We should have just taken the £26m psg offered in jan tbh
“But with my ego, I could stand there in a Speedo and be looked at like a f***ing hero.”
darkshadow1111
Liam Brady

Postby NovaGB » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:26 pm

I always imagined this guy paired with either Doucoure or Ndombele, that would be a mean midfield, i think hes getting on a bit though, but i'd take him over Xhaka any day, along with a B2B like 1 of the 2 mentioned or even Nkunku who has the potential to be like one of those 2 players in a 3 man midfield.

Like this...

-------------------------------Doucoure-----------------------------
--------------------------Gueye--Torreira--------------------------

Paired with a adequate Mustafi replacement like Manolas and a decent LB like Grimaldo we would be solid.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill