Ivan Perišić

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Ivan Perišić

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:14 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Dejan wrote:Miki v2

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

I think the difference is Miki is too much an 'in the hole' player and has become lost in what his best role is.

Perisic is a proper solution to our winger problem.

Leno

Bellerin - Sokratis - Holding - Monreal Rplacement

Torreira - Xhaka

Iwobi or new AM

Aubameyang - Lacazette - Perisic

With Reiss incredibly for the first time in 12 years we will have two wingers in our team next season.

Ozil will work very well in Serie A
Iwobi in am and perisic in while ozil goes out is a step backwards.

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:16 am

If we spunk £35m on him and we don’t make the top four it’s rendered useless

No-one is catching City or Liverpool in the next few years, you need to build to capitalise when they’re at their weakest, not their strongest

Especially when our financial firepower is minuscule compare to theirs
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:03 am

Sims wrote:If we spunk £35m on him and we don’t make the top four it’s rendered useless

No-one is catching City or Liverpool in the next few years, you need to build to capitalise when they’re at their weakest, not their strongest

Especially when our financial firepower is minuscule compare to theirs

Tbh, I'd like it if we didn't spend at all this Jan. I'm fine with a loan deal for Perisic but not a perma move.

And this will sound very Wenger-like, I doubt there is any readymade talent out there that would guarantee us top-4 finishes in the near future within our budget.

In the summer, I would like to see us get a winger, a CM, and a CB, however, I'm afraid we will just end up overspending on players similar to Xhaka or Mustafi. I'd rather not spend at all than overpay for some mediocre winger or a glorified Denilson at CM.

That said, I'm all for spending £80m + Mustafi on Koulibaly.

As Wenger-ish as it may sound again, we need Project Youth v.2. We can't compete financially with City, United, and Chelsea. And as long as Klopp is in Liverpool, they will remain ahead of us. Same for Poch at Spurs.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:40 am

I don't get most of the negative comments here but I especially do not get the resale comments. Who gives a f**k about resale!! If we buy him and he does what he should he will make up the money spent on him.

Perisic has big talent, proven talent. 143 appearances for inter, 34 goals, 34 assists, almost a contribution to a goal every 2 games. His club before he contributed to over a goal every 2 games. He is a ready made player that can come in, beat a man, shoot, provide, what the f**k are people complaining about!!

I don't want some untested kid to come in and have to wait 3 years for him to come good - or not as the case mostly is!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby kaijuhk » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:46 am

I want this season to be interesting, just get two wingers and try to outscore everyone. :D

Front 4 of Perisic, Suarez, Laca and Auba.

4-4-2
Whoever is fit
Suarez Torreira Xhaka Perisic
Auba Laca

Subs Ramsey Iwobi Mkhi Guen

Sort out defence in the Summer and offload crap.
kaijuhk
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Dejan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:50 am

theHotHead wrote:I don't get most of the negative comments here but I especially do not get the resale comments. Who gives a f**k about resale!! If we buy him and he does what he should he will make up the money spent on him.

Perisic has big talent, proven talent. 143 appearances for inter, 34 goals, 34 assists, almost a contribution to a goal every 2 games. His club before he contributed to over a goal every 2 games. He is a ready made player that can come in, beat a man, shoot, provide, what the f**k are people complaining about!!

I don't want some untested kid to come in and have to wait 3 years for him to come good - or not as the case mostly is!
Maybe because if we would buy him that means we are spending the majority of our transfer budget on a player whos output rate this season almost equal to iwobis while playing in pisspoor italy

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Interest: waning » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:03 am

Please can we not get him unless it's only a loan?
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:21 am

Dejan wrote:Maybe because if we would buy him that means we are spending the majority of our transfer budget on a player whos output rate this season almost equal to iwobis while playing in pisspoor italy

Yeah but if he lives up to his talent we would be getting a cut price bargain and in any case, him on a bad day is still miles better than Iwobi!! Its a no brainer surely.

These are the kind of players we need to boost back squad quality, especially considering apparently we don't have money to spend. Liverpool buy these kind of players and they become top players, why cant we do the same.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Sims » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:10 am

To say you don’t give a f**k about resale is being ignorant to the clubs current situation

We’re not going to challenge for the next few years, we need as much financial strength as we can so we can pick out players who will become good as soon as the top two sides decline
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby BrunelGooner » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:42 am

Sims wrote:To say you don’t give a f**k about resale is being ignorant to the clubs current situation

We’re not going to challenge for the next few years, we need as much financial strength as we can so we can pick out players who will become good as soon as the top two sides decline

Yeah agreed, this is the thing that a lot of people are forgetting.

Kroenke and the club have made it abundantly clear he has no intention of injecting any of his money into the club. And that they will persist with this self-sustaining model.

This means a lot of our income will be generated from match day revenue, commercial deals and player sales.

If this is what the club are going to do for the foreseeable future, then 'resale value' is important because it means:

1) if a player doesn't cut it for us, they are still at an age where we can sell them to a club who feel they are young enough to improve. We've already got too many mediocre/ageing players on lucrative contracts that we've been unable to shift.

2) if a player is doing extremely well, or if there is a youth prospect that someone wants to take a punt on, and a club offers a big fee, then the profit we make on that transfer can be reinvested into strengthening other parts of the team. Liverpool have mastered this art and we could learn a thing or two from them.

Obviously there's a calculated risk of what is this player worth now, what will he be worth in the future and is it worth selling if we can't significantly strengthen the side, but the club have to be smart about the decisions they make.

On the basis of Brahim Diaz going to Real Madrid from Man City for £22m and Dominic Solanke going to Bournemouth from Liverpool for £19m - both of whom have proved nothing at the top level yet - if a club in the summer tables a £50m/£60m bid for Reiss-Nelson, would any of us take it? He looks a top prospect, but it would be hard to say no, in my opinion.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gooney » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:34 am

When we say resale value we are talking about if the player does really well we sell him to a big club. Its something we gave to think about with every singing we make
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:32 pm

theHotHead wrote:I don't get most of the negative comments here but I especially do not get the resale comments. Who gives a f**k about resale!! If we buy him and he does what he should he will make up the money spent on him.

Absolutely spot on
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby gamechannel » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:26 pm

Don't get this and Suarez signing. Attack is the least of our problems. We need to stop the bleeding in defence.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:40 pm

gamechannel wrote:Don't get this and Suarez signing. Attack is the least of our problems. We need to stop the bleeding in defence.

Although I agree we need defenders, attacking is a form of defense. If you can consistently outscore your opponents and press from the front, then the problems at the back become less of an issue.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby gooney » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:47 pm

gamechannel wrote:Don't get this and Suarez signing. Attack is the least of our problems. We need to stop the bleeding in defence.

lool did you watch us vs united or west ham......our attack is really toothless
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill