Ivan Perišić

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Ivan Perišić

Postby indy23 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:43 am

DiamondGooner wrote:This one seems to have legs ..................

Looks like Inter has resigned to letting us have him upon agreeing final details.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... rs-reports

This one or nothing i fear. Barcelona tried their usual dicking around on Suarez deal and nkunku sounds more like a summer deal anyways. Sad we didn't go for a right back.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Really hope it doesn’t end up with an obligation to buy
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:07 pm

Sims wrote:Really hope it doesn’t end up with an obligation to buy

I wouldn't mind buying him at all ............. but not at the prime prices being bandied around.

Definitely a cut price, he's still got another 3-4 years of being in his prime, but unlike some other players who may be younger, this guy is ready go straight into action and is experienced.

Tbf how many players stay for 4 years anyway, the only reason I wouldn't want us to pay top whack is because his resale value will be pretty slim.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:04 pm

He is very physical being 6ft1 for a winger, it fits what emery wants a very powerful team that can overwhelm opposition.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Zenith » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:28 pm

Regardless of form, when settled, he's a hard worker and has the physical frame to do so on a consistent basis.

On this regard he's comparable to Alexis, albeit with a more extraverted personality.

Not the easiest character to work with, but what's indisputable is that he is a winner pure sang.

He's tailor made for a high-pressing side that likes to play on fast anticipation, which appears to be a part of the style Emery tries to implement.

His industrious work rate might even allow us to try a variant of 4-4-2 in which we can finally accommodate both Auba and Laca as strikers together.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:51 pm

Miki v2

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:29 pm

Zenith wrote:Regardless of form, when settled, he's a hard worker and has the physical frame to do so on a consistent basis.

On this regard he's comparable to Alexis, albeit with a more extraverted personality.

Not the easiest character to work with, but what's indisputable is that he is a winner pure sang.

He's tailor made for a high-pressing side that likes to play on fast anticipation, which appears to be a part of the style Emery tries to implement.

His industrious work rate might even allow us to try a variant of 4-4-2 in which we can finally accommodate both Auba and Laca as strikers together.

Which are all the reasons why I'm up for a loan, but we need to see how he performs before spunking half of our rumoured budget on an aging winger.

We could get very lucky and he fits into our system, playing better than he ever has before. He could also be a complete dud and we don't have the funds to gamble on older players, we either sign indisputably good ones or gamble on youth who will always have resale value.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:35 pm

i really like perisic and think he'd contribute well... but who knows, maybe dejan is right?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby indy23 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:39 pm

Losmeister wrote:i really like perisic and think he'd contribute well... but who knows, maybe dejan is right?

He's a bit different than mhki. But these are always risks. Blame our infrastructure and summer business for this mess.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:14 pm

Losmeister wrote:i really like perisic and think he'd contribute well... but who knows, maybe dejan is right?
Im usually right. Ask vavavoom.

All kidding aside. Id take him on a loan now as our options are shrinking by the minute. Better than iwobi. Buying him would mean we need to spend atleast 30m. Bad business. Only 3 goals thos season

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Markx » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:27 pm

This guy would change us......I read a lot on here and come on guys.....you all want players we simply cannot afford for whatever reason....so we need to cut our cloth....This guy IS a step up.....has too be as we don't have a winger right now...the chances he could create for Lacazette and Auba would be superb....BUT if you must then lets forget about him and talk about the 100m players we aint getting

Real world time
Markx
Michael Thomas

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:58 pm

Dejan wrote:Miki v2

I think the difference is Miki is too much an 'in the hole' player and has become lost in what his best role is.

Perisic is a proper solution to our winger problem.

Leno

Bellerin - Sokratis - Holding - Monreal Rplacement

Torreira - Xhaka

Iwobi or new AM

Aubameyang - Lacazette - Perisic

With Reiss incredibly for the first time in 12 years we will have two wingers in our team next season.

Ozil will work very well in Serie A
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:38 pm

Santi wrote:
Zenith wrote:Regardless of form, when settled, he's a hard worker and has the physical frame to do so on a consistent basis.

Which are all the reasons why I'm up for a loan, but we need to see how he performs before spunking half of our rumoured budget on an aging winger.

We could get very lucky and he fits into our system, playing better than he ever has before. He could also be a complete dud and we don't have the funds to gamble on older players, we either sign indisputably good ones or gamble on youth who will always have resale value.

Same. Blowing half our budget on him only means retirees, kids and compromises in the summer.

We've just got rid of a diamond finder so I'm not to confident in us securing top up and coming talent. Perisic is a great player but not at that age or fee imo.

Big risk. He may fit in perfectly, then again in 2 seasons he may lose his legs and be worth f**k all.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:39 pm

I agree it'll be a solid senior player addition, he looked decent in the WC and he can come in immediately and do a job.

The fact that he'd likely walk straight into the first 11 says all we need to know really, if he's better than what we have out wide now, then I'm up for it.

............ better than the prospect of walking away this window with nothing but a handful of corn.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:01 pm

For £35m he damn well better be first XI ready.

Honestly, this is one of the better transfers we've been linked with. He was a solid Utd targetand we'll be getting him at a significant discount to what Utd were being asked to pay.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill