Christian Pulisic

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Christian Pulisic

Postby Cripps » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:50 am

Liverpool will face a struggle to sign Borussia Dortmund starlet Christian Pulisic, with BVB reluctant to sell and fellow Premier League sides Arsenal and Tottenham seemingly joining the race to sign up the 18-year-old winger.
Source: Calciomercato.com

Wednesday, 7 December 2016 00:31
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Re: Christian Pulisic

Postby Cripps » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:37 pm

Arsenal are the latest in a string of top Premier League and European clubs to register interest in Dortmund's US wonderkid Christian Pulisic, reports the Sun .

Pulisic, 19, has attracted attention from the likes of Real Madrid, Liverpool and Tottenham after bursting onto the scene in the Bundesliga. 

The playmaker is already a regular in the BVB starting line-up, despite turning 19 only in September. 

And Arsenal are now willing to do battle with the Merengue and their Premier League rivals in a bid to land Pulisic, although the player himself has pledged he will stay at Dortmund for now.

Any good?

Next Adu?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:13 pm

lets put it this way cripps hes far far better than any youngster england have.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:15 pm

That's not saying much tbh

Bring him home regardless
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:35 pm

Cripps wrote:That's not saying much tbh

True, hes not Mbappe but hes not far off.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yago » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:57 pm

why would he come here when dortmund are way better
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:07 am

He is good. Better than any winger that we have bar Alexis and he is still 19 years old.

But coming to Arsenal would actually be a downgrade for him.

Dortmund is great at finding and developing young players, is playing in CL, and is on top of the Bundesliga right now. Ideal situation for a young developing player like him that is getting good minutes on a team trying to win big trophies.

I actually wanted us to get him a year or two ago. Now I think he is out of our reach.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:42 am

It's hard to not get excited for our potentially first world class player being scouted by the biggest clubs in the world, but for his and the USMNT's sakes, he should stay at Dortmund for a couple more seasons to develop without the pressure of playing for a super club.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby elber » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:34 pm

Money is the only chance we'd have of convincing him to swap Dortmund for us.

I just don't understand why we can't seem to lure top young talents like this anymore.
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zenith » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:40 pm

After arriving in Germany he instantly started taking German lessons and going by how good his German has become and how promising he looks on the football field, it'd be fair to say he has integrated very well there.

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:13 pm

I think of Rosicky whenever I hear about Pulisic.

Seriously, though, if there ever was an Arsenal LLC type signing, then this would be it. Great for marketing purposes; great for Wengerball; great with regards to potential.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:52 pm

Yago wrote:why would he come here when dortmund are way better

Money.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:04 pm

Zedie wrote:

Money.

#Aubameyang

God, I hope he doesn't actually ever come here. Mediocre player

Mike Dean wrote:He is good. Better than any winger that we have bar Alexis and he is still 19 years old.

Dortmund is great at finding and developing young players, is playing in CL, and is on top of the Bundesliga right now. Ideal situation for a young developing player like him that is getting good minutes on a team trying to win big trophies.

I actually wanted us to get him a year or two ago. Now I think he is out of our reach.

Has less goals and assists than Iwobi this season. Failed to take his team to a WC against Panama bankers, while Iwobi beat one of the top teams in Africa single handed.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Lucky7 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:54 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Money.

#Aubameyang

Mike Dean wrote:He is good. Better than any winger that we have bar Alexis and he is still 19 years old.

Has less goals and assists than Iwobi this season. Failed to take his team to a WC against Panama bankers, while Iwobi beat one of the top teams in Africa single handed.

Pulisic scored or assisted 70% of the goals the USA scored in their qualifying campaign from the wing as a 18-19 year old. The USA has many faults. Pulisic is not one. Dortmound is very shaky this year. Is he going to carry our team? Probably not. I'm interested in buying players that will peak AFTER Wenger has left so that the next coach has something to work with. This is the perfect signing for that.
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Lucky7 wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Money.

#Aubameyang

Pulisic scored or assisted 70% of the goals the USA scored in their qualifying campaign from the wing as a 18-19 year old. The USA has many faults. Pulisic is not one. Dortmound is very shaky this year. Is he going to carry our team? Probably not. I'm interested in buying players that will peak AFTER Wenger has left so that the next coach has something to work with. This is the perfect signing for that.

He is never going to peak, he's the American Walcott. 3 goals and 2 assists this season, Ramsey has more in his last two games as a midfielder. Monreal has more playing as CB and WB. Iwobi has contributed more despite playing less. :rofll:

Oh and we're 6th, we've been WORSE than Dortmund and Pulisic is still shitter than any winger on our team. I'd back Welbeck to do better over a season in the Bundesliga with like 2 top teams

Hey, I hear Batshayi has the same number of goals in one game that it took Pulisic all season to get in that shitty Dortmund team too :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

As for the US, the guy scored against shit teams and disappeared against the big teams, and the big game against the smaller team. Mental midget probably cried after all that too :lol:
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill