Jose Gimenez

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Jose Gimenez

Postby Big17 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Journo from the Mail. Ledge stuff this.

Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Re: Jose Gimenez

Postby immsun » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:34 pm

Bullcrap rumour again.Someone please create a thread for Messi as well now lol.
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby KG3 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:36 pm

More chance of Campbell coming out of retirement.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:37 pm

Next week we will move on from this to Bonucci lool. we cant afford Mustafi, but we want Gimenez looool
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby yadunoe » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:38 pm

Make sense we are being cheap about a few million on mustafi so let's get a more expensive player lol makes sense.
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:40 pm

immsun wrote:Bullcrap rumour again.Someone please create a thread for Messi as well now lol.

Been done!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12579
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby sohi420 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Wenger to sign a defender for 45 million? lol never
#WengerOut
sohi420
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby maltrain » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:29 pm

José Giménez is a GREAT defender. I don't trust on Wenger making this move...
maltrain
Michael Thomas

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:51 pm

It actually makes sense to go for Jimenez instead of Mustafi if Valencia is asking close to what Jimenez would cost. You will get better value for your money if you add a little more for Jimenez.

Logically it makes sense and it also aligns with the 4 things Wenger said they use when evaluating a player.

However, I dont trust Wenger to pull it off because he is incompetent. AM is not going to let go him easily and I am not sure he would want to come here. He is young and fits in perfectly in Simeone's defensive scheme.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:57 pm

Mike Dean wrote:It actually makes sense to go for Jimenez instead of Mustafi if Valencia is asking close to what Jimenez would cost. You will get better value for your money if you add a little more for Jimenez.

Logically it makes sense and it also aligns with the 4 things Wenger said they use when evaluating a player.

However, I dont trust Wenger to pull it off because he is incompetent. AM is not going to let go him easily and I am not sure he would want to come here. He is young and fits in perfectly in Simeone's defensive scheme.

But it goes against what wenger said in that we are short on experience and want to bring in experienced CB. It also shows Chambers and Holding for the trash they are when their manager spend 40 million on a kid same age as them. the question is he really that much better or does he look much better because he is in much better coached team with experienced world class Godin helping him? I have no doubt he is talented. But he is a 21 year old CB. he's a kid and most defenders can look good in Simones team
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:02 pm

gooney wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:It actually makes sense to go for Jimenez instead of Mustafi if Valencia is asking close to what Jimenez would cost. You will get better value for your money if you add a little more for Jimenez.

But it goes against what wenger said in that we are short on experience and want to bring in experienced CB. It also shows Chambers and Holding for the trash they are when their manager spend 40 million on a kid same age as them. the question is he really that much better or does he look much better because he is in much better coached team with experienced world class Godin helping him? I have no doubt he is talented. But he is a 21 year old CB. he's a kid and most defenders can look good in Simones team

Jimenez is young but he has close to 50 match appearances for AM. He has also been featured on his national team.

Also, he comes from one of the best defensive teams and schemes in the world, AM.

So I dont think comparing him to Chambers and Holding is fair. Also, Jimenez is a borderline nutter and really really aggressive. Holding and Chambers just dont have that nasty personality in them.

I would just be surprised for Simeone to let him go and him to want to leave AM.

I rate Jimenez and Koulibaly in same class. Really young defenders with a very good chance to be world class (Although Koulibaly is 25 so not that young, but still he has so much potential, which is why Konte is after him.).

Your point about him not being as good outside Simeone's system is valid, especially if he comes to Arsenal. I dont trust our coaching especially when it comes to young players.
Last edited by Mike Dean on Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:07 pm

I dont rate him as much and he isnt even a starter. He is 3rd choice with Hernandez closing in. Savic who we had on trail when he was similar age as Gimenez is the starter. They also rate Lukas Hernandez younger brother as even bigger talent as both and he is 18 and went on loan. Selling him for crazy money would make sense for them. I dont believe he is this world class CB talent many makes him out to be.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:11 pm

gooney wrote:I dont rate him as much and he isnt even a starter. He is 3rd choice with Hernandez closing in. Savic who we had on trail when he was similar age as Gimenez is the starter. They also rate Lukas Hernandez younger brother as even bigger talent as both and he is 18 and went on loan. Selling him for crazy money would make sense for them. I dont believe he is this world class CB talent many makes him out to be.

No, he is not world class. He has the potential to be world class. And you are right, it would be unlike Wenger to spend that much on a potential and that too a defender. However, if Valencia insist on 30m+ pounds on Mustafi, it does become a valid point of discussion.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:27 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
gooney wrote:I dont rate him as much and he isnt even a starter. He is 3rd choice with Hernandez closing in. Savic who we had on trail when he was similar age as Gimenez is the starter. They also rate Lukas Hernandez younger brother as even bigger talent as both and he is 18 and went on loan. Selling him for crazy money would make sense for them. I dont believe he is this world class CB talent many makes him out to be.

No, he is not world class. He has the potential to be world class. And you are right, it would be unlike Wenger to spend that much on a potential and that too a defender. However, if Valencia insist on 30m+ pounds on Mustafi, it does become a valid point of discussion.

Well I dont see wenger spending 40 million on any defender. Not even a prime maldini
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby yadunoe » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:49 pm

Get in mustafi already Wenger his on the ball skills will make him fit in well hete
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill