Kylian Mbappé

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Kylian Mbappé

Postby Mike Dean » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:35 pm

CaptGooner wrote:
longBalls wrote:We nearly signed him at the age of 16/17 befpore his breakthrough.
Say what you say, but Arsenal ahve the best scouts with Dortmudn in Europe

Difference being Dortmund actually SIGNS the top talent.

Yeah, Dortmund has no problem signing quality young prospects every year.

Have to give them credit for how they pull it off.

Something is not right with our club if these kids are picking Dortmund over us. That's a warning sign.

As for scouts, even ornstein said in his tweet the other day that our scouts are not highly thought off. We might look at some good players but we also look at plenty of mediocre players and even worse, end up actually signing them.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:48 pm

longBalls wrote:We nearly signed him at the age of 16/17 befpore his breakthrough.
Say what you say, but Arsenal ahve the best scouts with Dortmudn in Europe

He would have held back Iwobi's development.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Alexis » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:53 am

Arsenal were among his strongest suitors. “Yes, I met with Arsene Wenger, who is a great coach,” Mbappe says. “He has a great reputation here in France, he’s well-respected and knows how to develop young players. This was a real option for me. But, of course, Paris Saint-Germain was the main option.

“We weighed up the advantages and disadvantages of all the clubs but my family told me it had to be my decision and one I needed to make. It also had to be a long-term decision. So it was up to me and I decided to come here in order to develop.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -home-psg/

w***er almost had him. Everyone likes to laugh at he's 'almost signed xyz players'.
But the players always say that there was contact and interest.
It really showcases his good and bad side. The good side being getting them interested enough to consider us and the bad side being, dithering too long instead of going in hard with real interest. If he had bet 100m as initial bet and worked his way up, I bet he'd be here.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:57 am

Can't believe he's not hated in France tbh for the move he made, seems nobody is begrudging him going to a rival. Thought PSG would never stand a chance and it was Madrid, stay at Monaco or somehow we'd get lucky and he'd spend 2/3 years at us.

Fair fucks to PSG but I don't get it as a move for him, PSG are gonna hold out for 400m from Real Madrid so he's gonna struggle to get his dream move.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:05 am

Mesüt wrote:Can't believe he's not hated in France tbh for the move he made, seems nobody is begrudging him going to a rival. Thought PSG would never stand a chance and it was Madrid, stay at Monaco or somehow we'd get lucky and he'd spend 2/3 years at us.

Fair fucks to PSG but I don't get it as a move for him, PSG are gonna hold out for 400m from Real Madrid so he's gonna struggle to get his dream move.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:14 am

mbappe did the best thing for his career

hes also a parisien boy, hes staying in his home country, hes the biggest talent in world football. dont think anyone can blame him
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby realtalk » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Mesüt wrote:Can't believe he's not hated in France tbh for the move he made, seems nobody is begrudging him going to a rival. Thought PSG would never stand a chance and it was Madrid, stay at Monaco or somehow we'd get lucky and he'd spend 2/3 years at us.

Its europe they dont give a shit about things like this.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:06 pm

That's because Monaco, despite their recent success, have an very limited local fan base. In fact they struggle to fill their tiny stadium with only ~9k attendees on average. Had he transferred from arch rivals Marseille it would have caused far more uproar - their ultras are lunatics.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:21 pm

Alexis wrote:Arsenal were among his strongest suitors. “Yes, I met with Arsene Wenger, who is a great coach,” Mbappe says. “He has a great reputation here in France, he’s well-respected and knows how to develop young players. This was a real option for me. But, of course, Paris Saint-Germain was the main option.

“We weighed up the advantages and disadvantages of all the clubs but my family told me it had to be my decision and one I needed to make. It also had to be a long-term decision. So it was up to me and I decided to come here in order to develop.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -home-psg/

w***er almost had him. Everyone likes to laugh at he's 'almost signed xyz players'.
But the players always say that there was contact and interest.
It really showcases his good and bad side. The good side being getting them interested enough to consider us and the bad side being, dithering too long instead of going in hard with real interest. If he had bet 100m as initial bet and worked his way up, I bet he'd be here.

:biggrin: We were never remotely close to getting him, we would never pay the money for him which is the biggest thing.

We only went in for Lemar once we'd sold Ox and were about to get 60 milion for Alexis (thus meaning we were spending nothing overall), so this guy was never coming in a month of Sundays, thats ignoring the fact that PSG is more attractive now with their ambition to win the CL.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby KG3 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:33 am

I would happily sell anyone of our players to Spurs for that money and I wouldn't hold anything against them either.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:25 pm

Paris St-Germain's 21-year-old forward Kylian Mbappe, who has been linked with a £250m move to Real Madrid, could be worth as little as 40m euros (£35m) because of the coronavirus pandemic, according to a former member of the European Parliament. (Daily Mirror)

Not true but let's test the waters. With Wenger long gone who was more interested in bedding mbappes mum rather than getting the player, we have Raul and co who can get the job done.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:45 pm

It's happening guys...
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby VCC » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:19 pm

Ach wrote:It's happening guys...

Talk of it next season
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:20 pm

Knowing edu and how long he takes, better to start the talks now and have it sewn up next summer
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby UFGN » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:24 pm

:lol:

I've seen some bs in my time but this takes the cake

The idea that we would sign peak Kylian Mbappe

Nothing I've ever smoked on my wildest nights could put such thoughts in my head
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill