Gabriel Jesus (9)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Gabriel Jesus

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 01, 2022 4:21 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:All of that is wrong except me saying I'd prefer us to play two up front, which did improve us until the Liverpool game.

I was right on Auba, I was right on goals compared to last season.

But then ............ you can always tell us how Villarreal are a pub team and that we are as good as in the final, then when we lost that you had a go at me for saying us being ahead of Spurs is nothing to celebrate in the light of the utter collpase of last season, to which you were stating "At least we're going to beat Spurs, that's all what Arsenal fans really care about" like a fool.

.............. then this happened showing you to be the clown you are.

You mug
You wrong on all those points.
The fact you have to keep lying , I never said we would finish above Spurs. I said it was still important, shows you know damn well you are in trouble.
Take your medicine. You brought it on yourself.
Change your username to Norwich

You said word for word.

"Well at least we're going to finish above Spurs"

:rofll:

Which is what started the entire conversation when I replied that's doesn't make up for the shambles of a season.

Now who's lying.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun May 01, 2022 5:44 pm

Change your username to Norwich :rofll:

I am dead
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue May 03, 2022 10:01 am

Nobody tell City that plz
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Tue May 10, 2022 6:32 pm

This guy will cost the same as Haaland give or take, on that basis 50 million seems a ripoff.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue May 10, 2022 7:24 pm

Salibatelli wrote:This guy will cost the same as Haaland give or take, on that basis 50 million seems a ripoff.

Yep, if Sterling is available, he'd be better for the money. England international, proven goalscorer, can mentor Saka and ESR.

Also, he's the one player Arteta was involved in developing at City. Everyone else was already world class when they joined.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Tue May 10, 2022 9:25 pm

Salibatelli wrote:This guy will cost the same as Haaland give or take, on that basis 50 million seems a ripoff.

I don't know how City got Haaland for so cheap but I guarantee we won't find a striker of similar quality for that price. We'll most likely get fleeced for £80 odd million.

I'm hearing Vlahovic is struggling at Juve. The prices are outrageous and I don't think there is a single superstar player out there that's just a magician with the ball. Every player seems so system based and dependent on a particular set up.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Wed May 11, 2022 11:33 am

Power n Glory wrote:

I don't know how City got Haaland for so cheap but I guarantee we won't find a striker of similar quality for that price. We'll most likely get fleeced for £80 odd million.

I'm hearing Vlahovic is struggling at Juve. The prices are outrageous and I don't think there is a single superstar player out there that's just a magician with the ball. Every player seems so system based and dependent on a particular set up.

No me neither, they managed to get 12 million off his release clause as well, I don’t understand it.

Yes I’m not too sure really, anyone who cost more than Haaland that we sign is going to look like a ripoff now.

Martinez seems decent to me, maybe Schick.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby StockGooner » Wed May 11, 2022 1:16 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

No me neither, they managed to get 12 million off his release clause as well, I don’t understand it.

Yes I’m not too sure really, anyone who cost more than Haaland that we sign is going to look like a ripoff now.

Martinez seems decent to me, maybe Schick.

Think it's important fans, not just us, but all fans remember this. The Haaland situation is rare and Dortmund took a punt on a young player and signed him up thinking he would be good, and put in a higher release clause. Maybe they dind't think he would be £100m good. It's an exception, not the rule.
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Wed May 11, 2022 6:11 pm

Gabriel Jesus likes Arsenal project, says agent

Gabriel Jesus' agent Marcelo Pettinati has suggested the striker is open to joining Arsenal this summer.

However, the Gunners face competition from six other clubs for the Brazilian.

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Alexis » Thu May 12, 2022 7:32 am

Apparently offered 50m euros. Basically paying shitty the bulk of the money they require for haaland. UAE W****rs don't even need money.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby 22-0 » Thu May 12, 2022 9:17 am

Feel like this is one of the deals that would drag on for months on end then he goes somewhere else and we just wasted a ton of time then end up making a panic buy and end up with a striker worse than nketiah
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Thu May 12, 2022 10:18 am

Remember when we bought another Brazilian forward from one of our rivals who had tons of PL experience. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Thu May 12, 2022 12:22 pm

If it’s too much you move on and go for someone else.

Edu isn’t the only one to decide that, Jesus isn’t the only option.

We did similar with Vlahovic by focussing on him an noone else, he’s not even that good.

I’d understand it more if it was a really special talent, but not for players of this level, he’s always seemed not good enough to be at City to me.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Thu May 12, 2022 2:26 pm

Historically Brazilian strikers have been something special and scored a hatful of goals, Jesus is not one of those.

Aguero always overshadowed him and made him look very ordinary and City IMO, I know Aguero was an amazing striker but there was a huge gulf between the two.

I’d rather we went for someone else that has more potential.

Everyone has been saying City need a striker and yet they have him and people don’t consider him good enough to be that which sums it up for me.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Thu May 12, 2022 2:50 pm

I hope not, he’s average, with a bit of luck this transfer will fall through, wouldn’t be the first time.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk