Alex Grimaldo

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Alex Grimaldo

Postby Ach » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:53 am

Arsenal have made a £5.9 million approach for Benfica's Alex Grimaldo, reports the Sun.

Grimaldo is seen as the perfect back-up for Kieran Tierney at left-back, but has also attracted attention from Lyon.

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby NovaGB » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:41 pm

Ach wrote:
Arsenal have made a £5.9 million approach for Benfica's Alex Grimaldo, reports the Sun.

Grimaldo is seen as the perfect back-up for Kieran Tierney at left-back, but has also attracted attention from Lyon.

Edu trying to save 100k :rofll: such a typical Arsenal transfer and the reason why we struggle in the market.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:04 pm

Apparently this Grimaldo guy is another player who can attack well but can’t defend, one guy who has seen him says his defending is worse than Tavares’s.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:06 am

Salibatelli wrote:Apparently this Grimaldo guy is another player who can attack well but can’t defend, one guy who has seen him says his defending is worse than Tavares’s.

I know it pisses me off.

Everyone loves Tomi because for once we have a RB who know's his first job is to defend, just like Sagna used to etc.

Why we buy defenders who don't know how to defend is beyond me, then Arteta gets angry when his fullbacks get torched.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby 22-0 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:16 am

cus every manager wants that insane full back that defends and supports the attack. but in reality theres only a handful of players that can actually do that successfully.

thats why a lot of clubs were interested in bellerin when he was younger but he never learned how to defend and fell off hard.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:Apparently this Grimaldo guy is another player who can attack well but can’t defend, one guy who has seen him says his defending is worse than Tavares’s.

I know it pisses me off.

Everyone loves Tomi because for once we have a RB who know's his first job is to defend, just like Sagna used to etc.

Why we buy defenders who don't know how to defend is beyond me, then Arteta gets angry when his fullbacks get torched.

I agree with you, their primary role is to defend, if they can attack as well great but first and foremost they should be good defenders.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Est83 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:02 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

I know it pisses me off.

Agreed, and Sagna was just that, the perfect fullback imo.

Going for more attacking fullbacks could suggest 3 at the back again, with an attacking FB as WB.

... but then why not stick with Tavares if that's the case? :dontknow:

Would f**King love Martinez, shame he's said on United.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby NovaGB » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:06 pm

Est83 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I know it pisses me off.

Agreed, and Sagna was just that, the perfect fullback imo.

Going for more attacking fullbacks could suggest 3 at the back again, with an attacking FB as WB.

... but then why not stick with Tavares if that's the case? :dontknow:

Would f**King love Martinez, shame he's said on United.

Well he only costs 6m, we can loan Tavares out to the French league for him to develop and we can use Grimaldo for now who is in his prime.

If Tavares comes back a better player we can make profit on Grimaldo because he was dirt cheap.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:01 pm

Newcastle United are set to rival Arsenal in the pursuit of Benfica's Spain left-back Alex Grimaldo, 26, who is in the final year of his contract and could be available for £8.6m. (Mirror)

Bye Tierney
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:52 pm

Arsenal and Liverpool have joined Bayern Munich in the race to sign Spanish left-back Alejandro Grimaldo, 28, from Bayer Leverkusen. (Football Transfers)

It's a problem position. He's only 28. Position sewn up for next 5 years
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill