Rubén Neves

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Rubén Neves

Postby Jase89 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:16 am

Watch Neves be our biggest signing this summer. We are about to delve deeper into clown club territory than ever before.
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Paddy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:45 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Why are we pumping up this guy to offer £40m?

If we only get £15m for Xhaka and £12m for Guendouzi how in the hell is Neves worth £40m??

We're the worst run club in the whole of England, we can't sell players for toffee and we have to buy at maxed out prices.

Neves is £25 - £28m max.

I mean how is he worth more than Buendia ffs or the same as what Bissouma is being touted for??

they bought him for 20m whilst in the championship

he's only 24 years old

since then he has become a fully pledged international footballer and been a mainstay in their team in the premier league, so it doesnt come as a surprise.

my question is why arsenal fans are so quick to write him off? he bosses it in the middle for wolves and has turned up against big teams for them.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Zenith » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:21 am

Was listening to the latest episode of the Arsenal Vision Podcast and Tim Stillman's take on Neves went as follows:

When Neves was a bit younger, it was like everyone in Europe wants this guy. I wonder if he's just got a little lost along the way in a Wolves team that's gone quite dry. And look, I'll admit: when Wolves are on TV, I put the television into the boot of the car, I drive to the coast, I throw the television into the sea, and I then I set the sea on fire.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Ach » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:26 am

Done pretty much nothing at pl level for them.

Let's see how he is in the Euros
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Paddy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 am

Zenith wrote:Was listening to the latest episode of the Arsenal Vision Podcast and Tim Stillman's take on Neves went as follows:

When Neves was a bit younger, it was like everyone in Europe wants this guy. I wonder if he's just got a little lost along the way in a Wolves team that's gone quite dry. And look, I'll admit: when Wolves are on TV, I put the television into the boot of the car, I drive to the coast, I throw the television into the sea, and I then I set the sea on fire.

i think if he moves to a bigger club with better players he could flourish. he was linked with some of the biggest clubs in the past, so he clearly has talent.

and more importantly it means the end of xhaka.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Angelito » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:32 pm

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:01 pm

99 Shot Volume LOL....the process will take care of that soon enough.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:19 pm

aniym wrote:99 Shot Volume LOL....the process will take care of that soon enough.
[emoji38]
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:39 am

We need bissouma and auaor/odegaard
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:21 am

I reckon we'll go into the season with neves and partey as first choice and go for a Bissouma/Camavinga type big signing on deadline day.

I also reckon we'll get odegaard on loan again.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:58 am

Paddy wrote:they bought him for 20m whilst in the championship

he's only 24 years old

since then he has become a fully pledged international footballer and been a mainstay in their team in the premier league, so it doesnt come as a surprise.

my question is why arsenal fans are so quick to write him off? he bosses it in the middle for wolves and has turned up against big teams for them.

I'm not against us getting him, I'm against us paying £40m in today's climate.

If Xhaka is £20m, Guendouzi is £12m and god know's what we get for Torreria, even Buendia was what £35m give or take .............. how is Neves £40m?

Like I said £25-£28m yeah I can see it but anything north of £35m?? we're being ripped off.

Tony Adams wrote:I reckon we'll go into the season with neves and partey as first choice and go for a Bissouma/Camavinga type big signing on deadline day.

Honestly, I think you should let the Bissouma thing go, from how the rumours have died down to a trickle instead of heating up come the window opening, I think Bissouma to AFC is a pipe dream.
That's why we're looking at that cheaper Belgium kid, they are saying he's a Neves alternative, I think we'd get Neves and the kid would be more a Bissouma alternative.

Hope I'm wrong.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:09 am

I wouldn't be totally unhappy with neves and the belgian tbf

We'd have a highly rated young CM and a premiership proven CM in case he isn't up to it.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Paddy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:50 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Paddy wrote:they bought him for 20m whilst in the championship

he's only 24 years old

I'm not against us getting him, I'm against us paying £40m in today's climate.

If Xhaka is £20m, Guendouzi is £12m and god know's what we get for Torreria, even Buendia was what £35m give or take .............. how is Neves £40m?

Like I said £25-£28m yeah I can see it but anything north of £35m?? we're being ripped off.

Tony Adams wrote:I reckon we'll go into the season with neves and partey as first choice and go for a Bissouma/Camavinga type big signing on deadline day.

Honestly, I think you should let the Bissouma thing go, from how the rumours have died down to a trickle instead of heating up come the window opening, I think Bissouma to AFC is a pipe dream.
That's why we're looking at that cheaper Belgium kid, they are saying he's a Neves alternative, I think we'd get Neves and the kid would be more a Bissouma alternative.

Hope I'm wrong.

i do agree 40m is a bit steep but i think it'll end up being 30m with add ons, taking it to 35ish.

wolves have made it clear hes up for sale so it weakens their position.

it could also be a smokescreen? who knows. i personally hope we go for aouar and bissouma.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:41 am

Didn't they bid for AMN last summer ?

Niles + £10m makes sense to me.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:19 pm

Probably the only recognizable signing we'll make this season. I want to get excited, but I had a look at page 1 of the Xhaka thread, and let's just say the comments about his qualities have not aged well.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill