Gabriel Barbosa

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Gabriel Barbosa

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:34 am

Mike Dean wrote:He is headed to Inter.

Bid accepted.

Which also means that Inter might now be tempted to let Icardi go to Napoli since they have bid upwards of 60m for him.

We should be bidding for Icardi. Come on Arsene!!!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby TOP » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:35 am

Icardi is coming here
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:37 am

Wenger will have to enter a bidding war with Napoli for him.

Napoli has the money to spend, they have said they will spend it, and they are in damage control mode after the Higuain sale.

60m+ for Icardi truly is #madness, and not the good kind. :biggrin:
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:41 am

yep every time a team signs a player they sell one to arsenal
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:24 pm

When United signed martial that 36M potentially rising to 57M seemed like a rip off but the way the CF market is now Martial is a bargain, we should pay what it takes for Barbosa will be worth the long term investment.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby yadunoe » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:32 pm

NNN wrote:When United signed martial that 36M potentially rising to 57M seemed like a rip off but the way the CF market is now Martial is a bargain, we should pay what it takes for Barbosa will be worth the long term investment.

Ya agreed but donot think we are in for him there is nothing stopping our board on splashing 80 m on lewa Benz or auba except their cheapness
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby 22-0 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:07 pm

youre right people made fun of martial transfer cost but in this window he would of been cheap lmao.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby BS221B » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:49 pm

wow I cant f***ing believe Inter signed him up.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby yadunoe » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:04 pm

isaisdso wrote:wow I cant f***ing believe Inter signed him up.

It's a good career move for him he can become better before the big two leagues come in for him
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby bushey gunner » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:46 pm

25 million euros for a potential world class player with age on his side and we spend the same on a player who's only scored over 15 goals once in a competitive league and turning 28, what an awful club we are I know which one I would rather have! Us fans have mug written across are for head! We never pay top money for youngsters we spend very little and hope they come good!
bushey gunner
Liam Brady

Postby KG3 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:54 pm

bushey gunner wrote:25 million euros for a potential world class player with age on his side and we spend the same on a player who's only scored over 15 goals once in a competitive league and turning 28, what an awful club we are I know which one I would rather have! Us fans have mug written across are for head! We never pay top money for youngsters we spend very little and hope they come good!

Jeffers 10M
Reyes 17M
Walcott 12M
Chamberlain 15M
Chambers 16M

Considering the year of their transfers and teams/leagues they comes from this was a lot for a youngster when we signed these players.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:57 pm

bushey gunner wrote:25 million euros for a potential world class player with age on his side and we spend the same on a player who's only scored over 15 goals once in a competitive league and turning 28, what an awful club we are I know which one I would rather have! Us fans have mug written across are for head! We never pay top money for youngsters we spend very little and hope they come good!

is he potential world class because he is brazilian? I have watched all his games for Brazil national teama nd the Olympic and he really isnt anything special. Put Gnabry in the brazilian league and he would shine. People dont understand how average that league is. This guy lack burst to run away from any player. Atleast you can see Gabriel Jesus talents. But this guy is overrated
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby bushey gunner » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:01 pm

gooney wrote:

is he potential world class because he is brazilian? I have watched all his games for Brazil national teama nd the Olympic and he really isnt anything special. Put Gnabry in the brazilian league and he would shine. People dont understand how average that league is. This guy lack burst to run away from any player. Atleast you can see Gabriel Jesus talents. But this guy is overrated

Fair point, let's say we signed him he was crap we still can sell him for 15 - 20 million and recoup some of the money but with Perez if he turn out as I suspect useless to us we won't get 10 million for him, know one predicted martial being as good as he is so why not gamble on barbosa?
bushey gunner
Liam Brady

Postby yadunoe » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:06 pm

gooney wrote:

Same gnabry looked ten times better I think gnbry and iwobi are the future at the wings gnabry still needs to lose some weight tho
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:19 pm

gooney wrote:

Exactly. But it'd still be worth a gamble for that price because if he did get his shit together and turn out good then he will cost at least double.

Anyway, Jesus was the one to get <3
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football