Gabriel Barbosa

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Gabriel Barbosa

Postby ivaann » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:45 am

Hi,

Hello,
I am from the Croatia, I'm a big fan of Arsenal Football Club and I am tired of watching the inefficiency of the attack, we need real striker for now and for the future.
Lets be honest we have great midfielders but we need to score goals, Giroud is good one he can score one game 3 goals and then he score after 5-6 games one goal. We need player who can score every game if not every game at least every second game.

One of them is the real killer, he is young but he is already great, and his name is Gabriel Barbosa from Santos.
I watched him on youtube he has great first touch and he can score. Something like Eduardo before injury on Birmingham game.
I think we need that kind of striker who will just score nothing else, just score goals and Barbosa is capable of do it.

What do you think about Gabriel Barbosa?
I would like to se him in Arsenal, how about you?
ivaann
Liam Brady

Re: Gabriel Barbosa

Postby D23 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:17 am

ivaann wrote:Hi,

Hello,
I am from the Croatia, I'm a big fan of Arsenal Football Club and I am tired of watching the inefficiency of the attack, we need real striker for now and for the future.
Lets be honest we have great midfielders but we need to score goals, Giroud is good one he can score one game 3 goals and then he score after 5-6 games one goal. We need player who can score every game if not every game at least every second game.

One of them is the real killer, he is young but he is already great, and his name is Gabriel Barbosa from Santos.
I watched him on youtube he has great first touch and he can score. Something like Eduardo before injury on Birmingham game.
I think we need that kind of striker who will just score nothing else, just score goals and Barbosa is capable of do it.

What do you think about Gabriel Barbosa?
I would like to se him in Arsenal, how about you?

I think that anyone that can run faster than turtle is better than Giroud.
D23
Banned

Postby Git » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:53 pm

Too old, imo.

latest.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:03 pm

One Gabriel is enough.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby ivaann » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:38 am

ivaann
Liam Brady

Postby ESR10 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:57 am

If you haven’t heard of him by now, you will have done very, very soon.

The teenage Brazilian forward has the talent, speed and personality to become one of the summer’s most sought after prospects - especially now he is getting the chance to show his ability against South America’s best at the Copa America.

He already has the nicknames and the panache. He netted less than 10 minutes into his international debut.

And with Barcelona superstar Neymar out of the tournament, all eyes will be trained on the 19-year-old.

Why? He is already seen as the heir to the Neymar crown, a quite silly suggestion when the 24-year-old Brazil captain is yet to reach close to his pick.

But the similarities are there. Neither is the biggest or the strongest, although they make up for that with great speed and movement. Gabriel is 5ft 9in and Neymar 5ft 8in.

Gabriel came through the youth system at Neymar’s former club Santos. He wears the same No 10 shirt at the club.

In a symbolic passing of the torch, Gabigol even came on as a substitute for Neymar in his final game before that massive move to Barca.

That was all before Neymar pulled out of the Copa America squad - to be replaced by Gabriel.

The similarities continue, although they are inverse.

Neymar is a short, fast, agile dribbler who plays on the left but cuts in to get onto his stronger foot.

Gabigol is a left-footed player who likes to play on the right, although he is often used in the centre and on the left.

He has also proven his prowess, scoring 21 goals in each of the last the last two seasons, while he has seven in 19 so far this term.

That record is not quite up to Neymar’s ridiculous standards, however.

The Barca man scored 42 goals as an 18-year-old and 43 as a 20-year-old in Brazil.

But Gabigol is extremely tricky and pacy, with a low centre of gravity to avoid defenders.

He’s as cool as they come in front of goal and has proven himself to be an unselfish player, regularly contributing in the assist charts as well.

He proved in his cameo against Panama that he has what it takes to play the No 9 role for the selecao - a problem position for years.

Premier League teams, of course, have already sent scouts to watch the forward, while Paris Saint-Germain are also linked.

A £40million release clause would obviously represent a huge gamble, but it is not the eye-watering amount of money for a potentially team-changing star.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... storm.html

With the lack of options in Europe, we should be looking for solutions outside the box. The price tag is very big though.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby MecurialGooner » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:17 am

That £40M release clause looks a little steep
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Welsh Gunner » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:43 am

Sounds like an extra from Pirates of the Caribbean !
Welsh Gunner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:01 am

Brazilian with a surname.

Must not be good.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:39 pm

Gabigol aka FM hero
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:17 pm

Mike Dean wrote:Brazilian with a surname.

Must not be good.

Roberto Carlos
Gilberto Silva
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DarkskinJahmane » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:38 pm

Anyone know abt any 3rd party ownership w this kid?

Basically a Martial situation...if you really think he's a can't miss talent then maybe you pay the fee before it gets even bigger
DarkskinJahmane
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sims » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:44 pm

Third owner partnership is banned now i think
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby dolan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:06 pm

Barca bound.
dolan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Dai_Dillinger » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:33 am

Gabigol bring him home
"I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise" - King Thierry
Dai_Dillinger
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to World Football