Youri Tielemans

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Youri Tielemans

Postby KG3 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:27 am

Been a fan ever since we played them in the CL, unfortunately now Jose will end up getting him as he wont wait to pounce unlike Wenger.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby elber » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:42 am

You see this is one of many things that pisses me off about Wenger.

Why are we not all over this player? The kid is clearly a major talent playing a role in a position we're crying out for, who already boosts bags of experience for his age and available at a very reasonable price.

Yet we're most likely going to sit back and watch him join a two bob club like Monaco, Everton or Spurs this summer and then rue the fact we didn't bother after his price tag rockets to £80M+ a few years later.

I just don't get the clubs transfer approach.
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:58 am

elber wrote:You see this is one of many things that pisses me off about Wenger.

Why are we not all over this player? The kid is clearly a major talent playing a role in a position we're crying out for, who already boosts bags of experience for his age and available at a very reasonable price.

Yet we're most likely going to sit back and watch him join a two bob club like Monaco, Everton or Spurs this summer and then rue the fact we didn't bother after his price tag rockets to £80M+ a few years later.

I just don't get the clubs transfer approach.

You could say the same about any club to be honest.

It seems like this guy has been around for ages but no one has picked him up yet. Maybe he wanted to mature in Belgium?

Anyway, I very much doubt he's going to join any of those teams you mentioned above. Top teams have been on his case for a handful of years now and I think this summer he'll make the move. City have been heavily linked with him in recent weeks.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby BS221B » Fri May 12, 2017 1:40 pm

Youri Tielemans to Monaco is a done deal - 23M€ fee

good bye :crybaby: would rather him over xhakers any day.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Fri May 12, 2017 1:48 pm

We don't seem to have any concrete transfer targets this season. If Alexis and Ozil leave, I expect a repeat of the summer of 2011. If they stay, we will get one first team signing and a couple of young players/freebies.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Fri May 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Fwiw no reliable source has confirmed the deal [yet].

Tielemans today (I'll translate);

Look, I have received multiple proposals, but currently I'm focussed on the title race. After the season I'll focus on a potential transfer. Currently I haven't signed anywhere. Apparently these guys [the media] know more than I do.

The club has given me permission to leave in the summer and if it's better for my development as a player, they indicated they will not interfear.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby BS221B » Fri May 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Zenith wrote:Fwiw no reliable source has confirmed the deal [yet].

Tielemans today (I'll translate);

Look, I have received multiple proposals, but currently I'm focussed on the title race. After the season I'll focus on a potential transfer. Currently I haven't signed anywhere. Apparently these guys [the media] know more than I do.

The club has given me permission to leave in the summer and if it's better for my development as a player, they indicated they will not interfear.

Its from reliable source. taken it from reddit thread;
Source is provided by planete-asm, who is closely linked to the club staff and don’t spread rumours
Info is coming from the player relatives
Youri Tielemans already signed his contract, a week ago
Due to the UEFA rules it wont be made official until the market open in France (June 9th)

https://www.planete-asm.fr/actualite/21 ... onaco.html
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Fri May 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Due to the UEFA rules it wont be made official until the market open in France (June 9th)

That's BS and it puts the credibility of said source into question.

It's not forbidden to make an official statement about a incoming/outgoing transfer before the transfer window has opened like is indicated in that rather fishy report.

Whilst an eventual move to Monaco looks likely, It's very much unlike Anderlecht/Tielemans to leave their own fans in the dark by denying a deal has been finalised. Transfers almost never stay under the radar in Belgium - let alone for more than a week. If a deal has been finalised over a week ago Sporza and HLN would have reported it by now.

Additionally, Anderlecht always strive to be the first source to inform their fans about an important outgoing transfer.

If you think about it, it's a picture-perfect scenario for an ITK to make it look like they were the first to report it because every man and his dog knows an eventual transfer looks likely as contact between the two clubs has been confirmed by Anderlecht's own business manager Herman Van Holsbeeck.

''Advanced talks'' sounds like a more plausible status quo IMO.

Source is provided by planete-asm, who is closely linked to the club staff and don’t spread rumours

Planete ASM even has its own rumor section ffs -

https://www.planete-asm.fr/categorie/3-transferts.html

More nonsense which puts the credibility of the source further into question regardless of whether Tielemans ends up at Monaco or not.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Santi » Fri May 12, 2017 2:59 pm

BS221B wrote:
Youri Tielemans to Monaco is a done deal - 23M€ fee

good bye :crybaby: would rather him over xhakers any day.

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Typical Wenger for you wouldn't pay 12 million for CR7 and 3 years later he pays that for Walcott same old stuff.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:44 am

If he is going Monaco then he must want another couple years of developing before he goes to major league.

Sure every top team would have at least enquired he is hardly an unknown talent.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby KG3 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:16 am

Every transfer window theirs always a cheap bargain or two Wenger fails to pounce on... Ben Yedder 12M, Ibrahimovic free, Lloris 15M, Pedro 22M, Gundogan 23M the list goes on.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby yadunoe » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:05 am

KG3 wrote:Every transfer window theirs always a cheap bargain or two Wenger fails to pounce on... Ben Yedder 12M, Ibrahimovic free, Lloris 15M, Pedro 22M, Gundogan 23M the list goes on.

maybe they are all not Top Top quality . I think we need more of a pure DM someone like krychowiak would be good or matuidi or danilo
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:27 am

KG3 wrote:Every transfer window theirs always a cheap bargain or two Wenger fails to pounce on... Ben Yedder 12M, Ibrahimovic free, Lloris 15M, Pedro 22M, Gundogan 23M the list goes on.

Ibra cost United 30m in wages for last year.

Agree on

Ben tedder
Loris
Pedro

Gundogan is sick, but injuries would have put me off. We haven't got the city depth in midfield to carry luxury players like that. Look at Wilshere and his injury layoffs for example.

Back to op, tfw no Tielmans :crybaby:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby 22-0 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Wouldnt this guy be the perfect Cazorla replacement?
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill