Youri Tielemans

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Youri Tielemans

Postby Est83 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:47 am

firfi wrote:Neves is complete garbage.They're about the same age Tielemans is more box to box and Neves is basically Xhaka ,but with a bit more skill to him and the difference is minor.We really need ball playing midfielder and a guy that can progress the ball and Tielemans is better at that.

This is where I stand. Wouldn't call Neves complete garbage, but he's a little too similar to Xhaka imo, and I'm just fed up of midfielders than can't drive the ball forward, whether through a splitting pass or a burst of speed. He's a little more forward thinking than Xhaka, but I never see him drive through. And if those long balls are cut out, all we're gonna see is more sideways passing.

Would rather a box to box pivot was asked to play a little defensive if needed, rather than have a static midfielder play that role constantly and not be able to switch it up, progress the ball or push forward against midfields from teams we're expected to dominate.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby firfi » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:56 pm

Est83 wrote:
firfi wrote:Neves is complete garbage.They're about the same age Tielemans is more box to box and Neves is basically Xhaka ,but with a bit more skill to him and the difference is minor.We really need ball playing midfielder and a guy that can progress the ball and Tielemans is better at that.

This is where I stand. Wouldn't call Neves complete garbage, but he's a little too similar to Xhaka imo, and I'm just fed up of midfielders than can't drive the ball forward, whether through a splitting pass or a burst of speed. He's a little more forward thinking than Xhaka, but I never see him drive through. And if those long balls are cut out, all we're gonna see is more sideways passing.

Would rather a box to box pivot was asked to play a little defensive if needed, rather than have a static midfielder play that role constantly and not be able to switch it up, progress the ball or push forward against midfields from teams we're expected to dominate.

I'm taking into account the valuation as well which is about double 25 to 50 or 30 to 60m.
If u wan't pure defensive midfielder Bissouma is way better for 25-30.
If u wan't box to box Tielemans is better for 25-30.
If u wan't something in the middle we have Xhaka and im super frustrated with him.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby NovaGB » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:00 am

Tielemans is a roaming playmaker, not a box to box, he doesn't have any defensive side to him at all and he tends to give up the chase, one minute hes high energy when attacking, the next hes lazy as f**k when it comes to defending.

Neves is a Xhaka clone with a tad more energy.

Either one we will be grumbling i think.

We need a player who can attack with pace and run at defenders like ESR does but can get back and tackle and double up as a DM when defending.

aka a prime Nainggolan ;)

After all if we are looking at just another attacking mid, we may as well just use ESR.

anybody looking at Leicester's Maddison, Ndidi and Tielemans with envious eyes should look at Leicester's league position.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:07 am

Tielemans can collect from deep and push through the middle, and not just with long balls. He does more in transition than Xhaka has ever done even for Switzerland.

Not concerned about perceived laziness, that will almost certainly be driven out of him by Arteta.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:07 pm

Est83 wrote:Tielemans can collect from deep and push through the middle, and not just with long balls. He does more in transition than Xhaka has ever done even for Switzerland.

Not concerned about perceived laziness, that will almost certainly be driven out of him by Arteta.

The problem with our midfield is the fact we rely on Partey's form and fitness.
Without him, it will be:
- Elneny, Tielemans and Odegaard: not solid enough.
- Elneny, Bissouma and Odegaard: might not be creative enough.
- Elneny, Neves and Odegaard: also not convincing.
Maybe we should buy two of them.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:14 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
Est83 wrote:Tielemans can collect from deep and push through the middle, and not just with long balls. He does more in transition than Xhaka has ever done even for Switzerland.

Without him, it will be:

I see Odegaard as the problem in all those. Not creative enough, strong enough and unable to dictate the tempo of play when we’re struggling for control.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:25 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:

Without him, it will be:

I see Odegaard as the problem in all those. Not creative enough, strong enough and unable to dictate the tempo of play when we’re struggling for control.

Maybe, but I can't see Tielemans, Bissouma or Neves playing in his position. It is either him or Smith Rowe.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:51 pm

The ideal player we are searching for is Mateo Kovacic.

Also Santi from 2015 in his deep orchestator role or Abou Diaby for an alternate universe where that bastard from Sunderland never tackled him.

I like Tielemans but I've been very disappointed with him this season and I'm concered over his stamina. He really should be Leicester's standout player but he looks as if hes found his level as a 'above average' player with some critical flaws. Neves is what Xhaka should be and most importantly can defend well which is why i prefer him.

If Odegaard learned better how to tackle and added a bit more strength, the role would suit him perfectly also and we can play ESR in the AM role.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:53 pm

NovaGB wrote:Tielemans is a roaming playmaker, not a box to box, he doesn't have any defensive side to him at all and he tends to give up the chase, one minute hes high energy when attacking, the next hes lazy as f**k when it comes to defending.

Neves is a Xhaka clone with a tad more energy.

Either one we will be grumbling i think.

We need a player who can attack with pace and run at defenders like ESR does but can get back and tackle and double up as a DM when defending.

aka a prime Nainggolan ;)

After all if we are looking at just another attacking mid, we may as well just use ESR.

anybody looking at Leicester's Maddison, Ndidi and Tielemans with envious eyes should look at Leicester's league position.

well Ndidi missed most of the season injured and Maddison wasn't playing in midfield, oh and Tielemans actually played some of his best stuff as the holding midfielder last season so I'm not sure how much you actually watched us.

and oh yeah we finished 8th is a season most Leicester fans will tell you was pretty bad
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:41 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:

Without him, it will be:

Maybe, but I can't see Tielemans, Bissouma or Neves playing in his position. It is either him or Smith Rowe.

If Odegaard continues to have these run of games where he's a complete passenger then there is no signing that can cover that. We'll continue to struggle in midfield regardless of who we sign if he's a nailed on starter and captain.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Reiss » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:28 pm

Bring this chubby b*stard to this club.

Imagine him and Partey in the middle :hail:
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Jase89 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:10 pm

firfi wrote:
Est83 wrote:

I'm taking into account the valuation as well which is about double 25 to 50 or 30 to 60m.
If u wan't something in the middle we have Xhaka and im super frustrated with him.

Brighton made us pay £50 for Ben White after he had one good season. Very much doubt they’d let Bissouma go for 25-30m
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:25 pm

If we're getting anyone from Brighton, has to be cucurella
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Reiss » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:02 pm

Jase89 wrote:
firfi wrote:
Est83 wrote:

Brighton made us pay £50 for Ben White after he had one good season. Very much doubt they’d let Bissouma go for 25-30m

12 months left on his deal.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Ach » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:40 pm

Arsenal are confident they can sign Leicester City and Belgium midfielder Youri Tielemans with no Champions League-qualified club interested in the 25-year-old. (Daily Mail) 

Yet we still haven't got it done
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill