Raheem Sterling

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Raheem Sterling

Postby yadunoe » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:13 pm

we need him he brings goals and pace we need him
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:48 pm

Been bossing it at the euros.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:49 am

If we get sterling we could easily get top 4 please kroenke bring the mandom back to London where he belongs
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:17 am

Pepe - PEA/Martinelli - Sterling

Even Arteta's best efforts can't  stop that front line from getting Top 6/Top 4.

£60m would do it. Bring him home.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:56 am

And why would he agree to come to Arsenal when he could command a starting place at any club in Europe competing for a title?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:21 am

swipe right wrote:Been bossing it at the euros.

Has he? He's been scoring that's for sure.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:05 pm

swipe right wrote:And why would he agree to come to Arsenal when he could command a starting place at any club in Europe competing for a title?

its a club in his hometown unless chelsea come in for him i think he would pick us especially cause im pretty sure he was an arsenal fan growing up
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:47 pm

swipe right wrote:And why would he agree to come to Arsenal when he could command a starting place at any club in Europe competing for a title?

He is not the type of player Bayern, Real or Barca would go for. At least not until Don Mikel is hired to manage one of those clubs. :lol:

If he goes I guarantee it will be to an English team.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:04 pm

Real Madrid, Newcastle United, Arsenal and a return to Liverpool are among the destinations that England forward Raheem Sterling, 26, could end up after he said he was open to leaving Manchester City. (Express)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:19 pm

Arsenal could face competition from Barcelona in their bid to sign Manchester City's England forward Raheem Sterling. (Football.London)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:21 pm

Manchester City are willing to sell forward Raheem Sterling and value the 26-year-old England international at about £45m. (Metro)

Arsenal have been given a boost in their quest to sign the England winger with Barcelona reportedly stopping their preparations for the transfer. (Express)

Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:22 am

TedLasso wrote:Signing Sterling would be a death knell to Pepe’s Arsenal career

…and to our progress.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:48 pm

He's a decent player but I don't know why, I've never rated him as top class or anything.

As Reiss mentioned, he's way too inconsistent and raw. Probably why. I'm not sure. He still plays like a talented 19-year-old. That's despite working with Pep.

He looks to be Barca-bound. That'd be a good career move for him. If he joins Arsenal, I fear he'd switch to retirement mode. At Barca, he won't be allowed to just chill. At Arsenal, however, I feel he'd simply enjoy his final years rather than work to improve the team and himself.

It's amazing that he's only 27. Lately, he has been playing like he's a superstar 32-year-old, who can still deliver but is past his best.

A transitioning Arsenal isn't the best club for such a fella.

I'd rather focus on our young players for now. We have the likes of Smith Rowe and Martinelli to play on the left. Our emphasis should be in signing CMs and a striker.

Sterling gives me Willian vibes. While a better player, but he seems to have switched off mentally. We don't need such players at Arsenal at this stage. He'd be a better off at Barca. For his own sake.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NovaGB » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:49 pm

Hes a beast but do we need him? ESR has that LW inverted wing role nailed down and Saka has the RW nailed down, both are our best players this season, is there any point in paying out a f**k ton for a elite winger when our starters are doing so well? it causes a selection headache because all 3 of these players should be starters and one is not going to want to sit on the bench.

The other thing is it might cause one of the other players to have to move position which will disrupt balance or even Sterling having to play out of position behind Auba.

Hes a luxury signing and hes a top England international, it sounds great but we should be looking more at shipping out Pepe and looking at Noa Lang and probably that Juventus winger and not somebody whos going to take the place of one of our best players, more a quality rotation option who wont expect to to start every game, is not on crazy wages and wont cost a bomb and has big potential and resale value.

There is also the problem that we are 5th and looking very good, would City even want to strengthen us?
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:32 pm

Raheem Sterling is open to the idea of joining Arsenal over Barcelona, reports TransferMarketWeb.

The England international forward is mulling over his options at Manchester City and may decide to remain in the Premier League over taking on a new challenge with La Liga heavyweights.

Lol

Would show lack of ambition if he chose us. Do we want someone like that?
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill