Raheem Sterling

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Raheem Sterling

Postby billie86 » Mon May 31, 2021 7:30 pm

VCC wrote:Should we take Stirling or mahrez what do we gain, a stronger bench ?.
We have Auba ,pepe and Martinelli
We have all the wide players needed.
If Arteta is looking for a wide player who is leaving. And who is moving into the cf role.
I can see
Martinelli auba pepe as a front line laca out the door, mahrez or stirling coming in would be a cheaper option than getting a class striker

Not sure about sterling but Mahrez imo is hands down the best right winger in the EPL, we would be a bit overstocked with wingers though with Mahrez, Pepe, martinelli and saka, maybe we can the use Pepe through the middle?
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:54 am

Mahrez is 30, not the right age bracket for us to invest in. That’s probably the reason City want to get rid, he’ll be worth nothing in a couple years.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Rockape » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:18 am

Wow, can't think we'd take either after what we've been through and still going through with Auba and Willian.

Thats all I have to say about that!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby FrustratedGooner » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:50 am

No idea about the prices for Sterling but he is only 26 so he will have resale value.
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:12 pm

FrustratedGooner wrote:No idea about the prices for Sterling but he is only 26 so he will have resale value.
I assumed he was 30ish. Wouldn't be a bad signing tbf. Just think we have more pressing issues than out wide where we already have saka, pepe, martinelli and auba.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:14 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
FrustratedGooner wrote:No idea about the prices for Sterling but he is only 26 so he will have resale value.
I assumed he was 30ish. Wouldn't be a bad signing tbf. Just think we have more pressing issues than out wide where we already have saka, pepe, martinelli and auba.

I'm not sure which area of the pitch needs the most work at the moment. If the price is right, I wouldn't turn down Sterling. Even off a bad season, he’s an upgrade on the left wing over whoever we play there.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:17 pm

Swap for Auba?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:23 pm

Tony Adams wrote:Swap for Auba?

Not gonna happen. Pep wouldn't use him out wide or up front.

With Laca on the way out it looks like we'll play Aubameyang as a striker and not on the left.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Angelito » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:41 pm

We should be all over B.Silva instead.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:21 pm

Angelito wrote:We should be all over B.Silva instead.

This. Creative midfielders are completely missing in our squad. Another LW without midfield reinforcement is money down the drain.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:23 pm

Arsenal are leading the race to sign Manchester City's England winger Raheem Sterling, 26, in a deal that could stop England striker Harry Kane, 27, joining City from Tottenham. (Sun)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:29 am

Ach wrote:
Arsenal are leading the race to sign Manchester City's England winger Raheem Sterling, 26, in a deal that could stop England striker Harry Kane, 27, joining City from Tottenham. (Sun)

It would be a big come down for Sterling from the CL final, PL league winners medal and playing for England in the Euros to no European football, and the prospect of finishing mid-table. I just can't see him wanting to come here or us paying City's probable asking price.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:05 am

Goonerred wrote:
Ach wrote:

It would be a big come down for Sterling from the CL final, PL league winners medal and playing for England in the Euros to no European football, and the prospect of finishing mid-table. I just can't see him wanting to come here or us paying City's probable asking price.

Agree with that. At 26 he still has a lot of good football years left. He'd be taking a massive step down.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:28 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Ach wrote:

He has 3 PL titles, and has won every cup in England. I don't see him going abroad so, everything else in comparison is going to be a step down.

If Pep is done with him, then he'll have to move to stay in contention for WC 2022
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:58 pm

aniym wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Ach wrote:

He has 3 PL titles, and has won every cup in England. I don't see him going abroad so, everything else in comparison is going to be a step down.

If Pep is done with him, then he'll have to move to stay in contention for WC 2022

A step down is one thing, falling down a deep chasm is another.
Goonerred

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill