Malcom Silva

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Malcolm Silva

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Better yet why not get all 3. We can afford it. This stinks of yet another case of Wenger not being able to make his mind up. Had Lemar in the bag in June apparently but Wenger dawdled and Liverpool came in shooting up his price. Wouldn't be suprised if Auba falls through and Wenger panicks and goes back in for Malcom only to be told to stump up 70+
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:51 pm

Zenith wrote:A wise man would;

- Tell Mourinho and United to f**k off and sell to City for £20m
- Pass on Mkhi, who at age 29 is yet to show he can be consistent in England
- Use the £65m we've made from sales (this season alone) to bring in Malcom (£45m) and Aubameyang (£60m)

Our 2017-18 net spend would still only be £40m. Over £30m less than Everton's ffs.

You don't want to end up having to replace all three of Aubameyang, Özil, Alexis and Mkhi within a space of 2-3 years.

Alexis
    → negligible resale value in comparison to what he is worth

Özil
    → no resale value should he decide not to extend

Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan
    → both turn 30 in 2019, resale value will drop as their 3-year-contract would also enter its last year

Therefore go for a proven striker in Aubameyang and an elite talent like Malcom who still has 10 years left to become even better than he already is.

While I agree, I reckon the disagreement between City and Arsenal stems from Alexis' wage demands. In the summer, Bayern were ready to pay £40-45m but wouldn't pay Alexis higher than what Muller and Lewandowski were getting. Then, City and Alexis/Arsenal agreed on a deal on deadline day worth probably £250k a week. Since then I don't know what changed but Alexis' wage demands went higher up - as Alexis and his agent realized that City wouldn't have to stump out £60m for him anymore.

In all of this, United barged in with a staggering offer. There's no way City would make Alexis probably the second highest paid footballer in European football.

The only way we could stop Alexis from joining United is to refuse to sell him. How wise would that be? Barring an injury, Alexis is sure to join one of City or United (most likely United because of wages) in the summer regardless.

As long as we get Aubameyang, I'm okay with the Alexis-Mkhi swap. Condition: as long as we get Auba.

As for Malcom, yes, we shouldn't let such a talent slip. I believe Bordeaux are asking for £35-40m. We could easily afford that. Worst case scenario, we could loan him back to Bordeaux until the end of the season, or use Iwobi as part of a makeweight.

We're terrible at identifying and recruiting young talents these days. If Malcom is really the next superstar, we could be looking at 4 years of world-class football at Arsenal before Real/Barca buy him for what'd probably be the highest rate at that time.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Malcom Silva

Postby Zenith » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:54 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Better yet why not get all 3. We can afford it. This stinks of yet another case of Wenger not being able to make his mind up. Had Lemar in the bag in June apparently but Wenger dawdled and Liverpool came in shooting up his price. Wouldn't be suprised if Auba falls through and Wenger panicks and goes back in for Malcom only to be told to stump up 70+

Wages could become an issue with an eye on bringing in an elite CB and CM in the summer.

I'd rather see those additional £175k of Mkhi's weekly wages go to a the CM we so desperately need.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Zenith » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:58 pm

Angelito wrote:

- Use the £65m we've made from sales (this season alone) to bring in Malcom (£45m) and Aubameyang (£60m)

Our 2017-18 net spend would still only be £40m. Over £30m less than Everton's ffs.

You don't want to end up having to replace all three of Aubameyang, Özil, Alexis and Mkhi within a space of 2-3 years.

Alexis

Özil

Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan
    → both turn 30 in 2019, resale value will drop as their 3-year-contract would also enter its last year

Therefore go for a proven striker in Aubameyang and an elite talent like Malcom who still has 10 years left to become even better than he already is.

While I agree, I reckon the disagreement between City and Arsenal stems from Alexis' wage demands. In the summer, Bayern were ready to pay £40-45m but wouldn't pay Alexis higher than what Muller and Lewandowski were getting. Then, City and Alexis/Arsenal agreed on a deal on deadline day worth probably £250k a week. Since then I don't know what changed but Alexis' wage demands went higher up - as Alexis and his agent realized that City wouldn't have to stump out £60m for him anymore.

In all of this, United barged in with a staggering offer. There's no way City would make Alexis probably the second highest paid footballer in European football.

The only way we could stop Alexis from joining United is to refuse to sell him. How wise would that be? Barring an injury, Alexis is sure to join one of City or United (most likely United because of wages) in the summer regardless.

As long as we get Aubameyang, I'm okay with the Alexis-Mkhi swap. Condition: as long as we get Auba.

As for Malcom, yes, we shouldn't let such a talent slip. I believe Bordeaux are asking for £35-40m. We could easily afford that. Worst case scenario, we could loan him back to Bordeaux until the end of the season, or use Iwobi as part of a makeweight.

We're terrible at identifying and recruiting young talents these days. If Malcom is really the next superstar, we could be looking at 4 years of world-class football at Arsenal before Real/Barca buy him for what'd probably be the highest rate at that time.

Then I'd still take the £30m United offered us and wish them the best of luck with offloading Mkhi.

That additional £30m as well as £175k in weekly wages only increases our budget further and allows us to bring in a fine CM or someone like Manolas whose contract expires at the end of next season.

In other words;

Rather Manolas, Malcom, Aubameyang and bolster our shakey defense with one of the best CBs in Italy.

than

Mkhi, Malcolm, Aubameyang and still have the same issues in both midfield at at the back by spending the approx. the same money.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:59 pm

I never defend Wenger when it comes to transfers as he feckes up and gets mugged more often than not but in this case Sanchez wh*ring himself to the one offering highest wages has meant we either sell him to United now or let him go for free in the summer.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Ideally i would sign Auba and Malcom even if it means paying a little over the odds now , we still will be good because of his age. I would get a solid defender, a GK and combative defensive midfielder in the summer.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:03 pm

i rather have micky than malcom tbh....we dont need more kids. We have nelson and nketiah who are talented kids
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:04 pm

Zenith wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Alexis

Özil

Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan

Then I'd still take the £30m United offered us and wish them the best of luck with offloading Mkhi.

That additional £30m as well as £175k in weekly wages only increases our budget further and allows us to bring in a fine CM or someone like Manolas whose contract expires at the end of next season.

In other words;

Rather Manolas, Malcom, Aubameyang and bolster our shakey defense with one of the best CBs in Italy.

than

Mkhi, Malcolm, Aubameyang and still have the same issues in both midfield at at the back by spending the approx. the same money.

Re: CM

That's a point.

It looks like Sven is a major player in bringing Mkhi and Auba at Arsenal, so I believe if Sven and Sanllehi are involved, they must have a plan.

If this was all Wenger, we'd probably be looking at a straight swap between Mkhi and Alexis and no in-comings in the summer.

I also doubt that we'd go for an already established CM. We'd probably look for a relatively less known name.

We do need a CM badly and I think a chunk of our summer transfer budget should go into acquiring one.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Yes, you can easily replace Manolas with a midfielder like Seri who would also cost £40/50-ish million and end with a similar net spend to when you would get all three of Malcom, Aubameyang and Mkhi.

By spending the same amount of money (£80-£100m net), you're potentially solving 2 problems instead of 1.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Angelito » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Btw I have no idea why we're not in for Seri.

I doubt we'd pursue or get Manolas tbh.

Wages would indeed be a problem if we intend to get both (and with Mkhi who'd probably be our top earner alongside Auba).

The only way this makes sense is if the plan is to let Ozil move for free in the summer. :hiding:

A new contract for Oz would surely be around £200k a week.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Zenith wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:Better yet why not get all 3. We can afford it. This stinks of yet another case of Wenger not being able to make his mind up. Had Lemar in the bag in June apparently but Wenger dawdled and Liverpool came in shooting up his price. Wouldn't be suprised if Auba falls through and Wenger panicks and goes back in for Malcom only to be told to stump up 70+

Wages could become an issue with an eye on bringing in an elite CB and CM in the summer.

I'd rather see those additional £175k of Mkhi's weekly wages go to the CM we so desperately need.

We have plenty of money don't be so naive. Even more so now we've just offloaded c. £350k per week wagebill after selling Theo, Alexis and Coq. Debuchy will likely follow too so add another £60-70k shaved off.

Auba is reported to be taking a pay cut to join and I am confident Miki isn't going to be on much more than the 150k we pay Alexis now. Malcom is 20, we can tie him down with a 70k pw offer.

Remember in the Summer Cazorla will likely leave as will Mertesacker. Both high earners.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Alexis
Özil
Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan

100% this. It is possible he could flop but going solely off what I’ve seen on YouTube he seems like he’ll be worth the investment
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby indy23 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:24 pm

I don't think we have prioritized this signing. I hope lemar makes it to the summer ...
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:12 pm

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby indy23 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:41 pm

35 million. If this ones bites us remember xhaka cost the same. lol
indy23