Nabil Fekir

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Nabil Fekir

Postby Tarquinius » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:59 am

He's an attacking midfielder. We have more than enough attacking midfielders.

All the stories linking him with Arsenal have come from his father.
Tarquinius
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby squiggle » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:07 am

He's more of an attacking midfielder/left winger/striker. With doubts about the futures of Cazorla, Rosicky, and Walcott at the club he could be very useful.

Arsenal are supposed to have been following him for a while: http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/arsenal-and-manchester-city-watching-nabil-fekir/
‘Sometimes I watch Match of the Day to see how we’ve been perceived. It’s better to watch it with the sound turned down.’
squiggle
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby gooney » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:14 am

Tarquinius wrote:We're stacked in his position so no thanks.

lool you wouldnt say this if you knew how good he is. I have watched him 5 times and he is a spectacular player. Honestly he is fantastic talent. People talk about Lazacute or whatever his name is. But this is by far Lyons best player. His father said this

Fekir recently split with his agents after his family were reportedly disappointed with their insistence on pursuing a deal with Manchester City.

Fekir's father Mohamed said: 'They pushed for him to sign for City. But I told them if he goes to City and finds himself on the bench, it doesn't interest me, and the kid is not interested either.
'He loves to play, he does not like to be replaced. And they pushed to sign him for City, that's why he preferred to stop with them.'
Speaking to La Perisien, the 21-year-old's father also said: 'Nabil would like to finish 1st or 2nd and play Champions League football with Lyon. If he leaves, it'll be for Arsenal. It's the only club that can enable him to progress, with Arsene Wenger. He will not go to Manchester City to sit on the bench".
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Tarquinius » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:33 am

gooney wrote:

lool you wouldnt say this if you knew how good he is. I have watched him 5 times and he is a spectacular player. Honestly he is fantastic talent. People talk about Lazacute or whatever his name is. But this is by far Lyons best player. His father said this

You know how good he is by watching him just 5 times?! He has played 33 games for Lyon this season and 2 for France.

Btw I watch Ligue 1 every week and have followed French Football since... possibly before you were born :) I know how well he's been playing, but this is his break-out season.

We just can't keep buying every good attacking midfielder available, ignoring other parts of the pitch. Fekir is a very promising young player, but not one we should be spending money on in the next window.
Tarquinius
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby sweggeh » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Fekir, Sterling, Isco, Reus, Lacazette or Pedro should be brought in this summer. You can never have enough attacking talent. Any one of those players would give us a new attacking dimension. The likes of Sanogo, Podolski and Campbell are most likely on their way out anyway.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooney » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Tarquinius wrote:
gooney wrote:

You know how good he is by watching him just 5 times?! He has played 33 games for Lyon this season and 2 for France.

Btw I watch Ligue 1 every week and have followed French Football since... possibly before you were born :) I know how well he's been playing, but this is his break-out season.

We just can't keep buying every good attacking midfielder available, ignoring other parts of the pitch. Fekir is a very promising young player, but not one we should be spending money on in the next window.

I had seen enough of his technical ability to know he is the type of players we should look for. Sell walcott. we have Chamberlain and gnabry if we want fast wide players. Also we are loaded. Why cant we buy 5 players? why always limit us. This is the reason we never win the league and will never with this pathetic mentality
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Tarquinius » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Why stop at 5? Why don't we buy Messi and Ronaldo while we're at it eh?
Tarquinius
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Julien Lauren said Grimandi & other of our scouts has scouted this geezer 17 times this season
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby badup » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:13 pm

Imagine the sky banter when we sign him on deadline day

Fekir right in the pussy
badup
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Tarquinius » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:15 pm

badup wrote:Imagine the sky banter when we sign him on deadline day

Fekir right in the pussy

:dizzy:

No doubt you're dreaming of a midfield of Coq, Fekir and one of the Benders.
Tarquinius
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:18 pm

just need giroud to be replaced by suker and you've got a coq suker with some fekir benders.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Tarquinius » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:23 pm

With Wenger replaced by Uwe Fuchs.

(Sorry mods - I'll stop now!)
Tarquinius
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Tarquinius wrote:Why stop at 5? Why don't we buy Messi and Ronaldo while we're at it eh?

And there it is...the exaggerated answer when you say we can afford to buy better players. Yeah why not buy messi and ronaldo :rofll:
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ESFSAFC » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:43 pm

Fekir is definitely a player I would place as a realistic target, still maybe 5 players I would prefer over him.

Bringing Fekir in would allow us to strengthen in other area's of the team while providing options and cover up front.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:26 am

Mesüt wrote:just need giroud to be replaced by suker and you've got a coq suker with some fekir benders.

Complemented by a wolf's winkel
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill