Gerard Pique

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Gerard Pique

Postby Pudpop » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:06 am

10/10 would leave barca just to carry on banging Shakira
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:54 am

would leave Barca even if I wasn't banging shakira
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Should come to pl and test himself anyway
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Should come to pl and test himself anyway

This attitude never ceases to amaze me.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Well it's a different style and pace all together, one in which he failed to prove himself thus far. Otamendi has largely been shown up over here.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Mesüt wrote:Well it's a different style and pace all together, one in which he failed to prove himself thus far. Otamendi has largely been shown up over here.

Jee, Prem is not some sort of a barometer where a player has to go through the acid test to be worthy of greatness.

My point.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Well i'd give much more credit to a player like Ronaldo who dominated both of the best leagues. Pique's a quality CB but nothing wrong with saying he should come here to test himself imo.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Angelito wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Well it's a different style and pace all together, one in which he failed to prove himself thus far. Otamendi has largely been shown up over here.

Jee, Prem is not some sort of a barometer where a player has to go through the acid test to be worthy of greatness.

My point.

Playing cb for any team in the pl will be much harder than cb for barca, no doubt pique is a great player but I still think England will be a big test for him and his won everything at barca so why not try and win the pl.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Cripps » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Playing in the PL isnt the be all and end all for footballers but you have to be tested outside of your comfort zone to achieve greatness worldwide.

Look at the Barca players who were awesome playing for them but have done f all since leaving. Xavi, Bojan, Valdes amongst others seen as world class under the protection of Barca and Spanish FA. All are now considered shite.

Its why Busquets, Iniesta or Messi will never leave Barca cos they'll be found out and they want to have that legendary status amongst football fans who don't know much. Others however like myself know better.

Pique in the same boat. Did f all at Mancs and became Barca first choice CB cos he only has to defend perhaps 2 games a season if that
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:29 pm

Mesüt wrote:Well i'd give much more credit to a player like Ronaldo who dominated both of the best leagues. Pique's a quality CB but nothing wrong with saying he should come here to test himself imo.

That's not the point, Szczesny. :doh:

I disagree - while finding it laughable - with the notion that someone, any player, would have to prove himself in the PL to be worthwhile.

Marsbar100 wrote:
Angelito wrote:

My point.

Playing cb for any team in the pl will be much harder than cb for barca, no doubt pique is a great player but I still think England will be a big test for him and his won everything at barca so why not try and win the pl.

Okay, is winning the PL any more difficult than winning the CL?

Cripps wrote:Playing in the PL isnt the be all and end all for footballers but you have to be tested outside of your comfort zone to achieve greatness worldwide.

Look at the Barca players who were awesome playing for them but have done f all since leaving. Xavi, Bojan, Valdes amongst others seen as world class under the protection of Barca and Spanish FA. All are now considered shite.

Its why Busquets, Iniesta or Messi will never leave Barca cos they'll be found out and they want to have that legendary status amongst football fans who don't know much. Others however like myself know better.

Pique in the same boat. Did f all at Mancs and became Barca first choice CB cos he only has to defend perhaps 2 games a season if that

Xavi? :rofll:

Your very favorite Messi and co. beat Ronaldo FC of Manchester in the CL Final in 2009. Well, Spanish protection, my Lord. My Lord, English teams demolishing Spanish teams in the CL..
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Haven't Spanish teams won every euro club competition for the pat 5 years
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Cripps » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Theres a reaon why when Xavi decided to leave Barca, no top team touched him.

His age has f all to do with it as he never had pace. No one wants pointless sideways passing. Unfortunately for him he doesn't have a World Cup final tap in to live off the back of as Iniesta does as he too has been utter garbage for years

Both must be thanking their lucky stars Messi singlehandedly took them to so many trophies. Players like Xavi and Iniesta are squad fillers. Take it from someone whos seen both play millions of times for club and country (they have Villa and Casillas to thank at that level) and not just believe media hype
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Sims wrote:Haven't Spanish teams won every euro club competition for the pat 5 years

Bayern say hi
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Cripps wrote:
Sims wrote:Haven't Spanish teams won every euro club competition for the pat 5 years

Bayern say hi

And Chelsea...
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunpowder » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Cripps wrote:Playing in the PL isnt the be all and end all for footballers but you have to be tested outside of your comfort zone to achieve greatness worldwide.

Wonder if same criteria applies for Ramos. He never left his comfort zone.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill