Martin Ødegaard (8)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Martin Ødegaard (11)

Postby ag6789 » Thu May 27, 2021 7:02 pm

Should bring in players from different leagues for trials before settling on someone. Wenger used to do it once. Safer approach.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 27, 2021 7:15 pm

Well I guess loans are just that really, trials, get a look at a player in a competitive environment.

I think Odegaard thrives under any manager not intent on this "pass pass pass" crap. If we change to moving the ball forward quicker I think Odegarrd has more space to operate and will flourish. Arteta-ball strangles the life out of opportunities, we always have to break down 2 banks of 4 to get anywhere.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Paddy » Thu May 27, 2021 8:02 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Need to be careful with players like Auoar.

First - why 25m all of a sudden?
Why has he had a pretty poor year?

In fact, he wasn't that great in the French league last year - he came to prominence by being good in the CL, but that is a wholly different proposition to the PL.
Transfer windows are a minefield of expensive overrated players being pushed by agents and PR.

lmao and you wonder why youre not taken seriously

every man and his dog knows that lyon failed to qualify for the CL this year hence why he's available on the cheap.

:rose:
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby VCC » Thu May 27, 2021 10:27 pm

theHotHead wrote:Well I guess loans are just that really, trials, get a look at a player in a competitive environment.

I think Odegaard thrives under any manager not intent on this "pass pass pass" crap. If we change to moving the ball forward quicker I think Odegarrd has more space to operate and will flourish. Arteta-ball strangles the life out of opportunities, we always have to break down 2 banks of 4 to get anywhere.

This
Relates right back to AW days also.
Need to play a system that best suits his resources.
Hard to judge odegaard on last year because of that
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Thu May 27, 2021 10:53 pm

theHotHead wrote:Well I guess loans are just that really, trials, get a look at a player in a competitive environment.

The problem we have had since Ozil declined and we lost the likes of Cazorla and Ramsey is penetrating defenses through central midfield. Arteta is trying to solve the lack of central midfield talent by overloading the flanks. The pass pass pass you talk about is trying to create that overload by combining a full back, inside forward and midfielders in a wide position. The problem is it leaves too few players in the box to attack the ball even when the wide overload works and balls get fired in. The only solution is more creativity in central midfield where the passing has some positive effect.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu May 27, 2021 11:02 pm

Paddy wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Need to be careful with players like Auoar.

First - why 25m all of a sudden?
Why has he had a pretty poor year?

In fact, he wasn't that great in the French league last year - he came to prominence by being good in the CL, but that is a wholly different proposition to the PL.
Transfer windows are a minefield of expensive overrated players being pushed by agents and PR.

lmao and you wonder why youre not taken seriously

every man and his dog knows that lyon failed to qualify for the CL this year hence why he's available on the cheap.

:rose:

And he's entering his last 2 years of contract so Lyon will sell if he won't extend
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 28, 2021 9:05 am

Honestly, I think with ESR and Odegaard we have plenty of creativity. Have them backed up by Partey the beast and have someone screen the defence, the team picks itself, we should not have the creative difficulties we have been having, we ned to focus on moving the ball quicker at times.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 28, 2021 9:40 am

theHotHead wrote:Honestly, I think with ESR and Odegaard we have plenty of creativity. Have them backed up by Partey the beast and have someone screen the defence, the team picks itself, we should not have the creative difficulties we have been having, we ned to focus on moving the ball quicker at times.

...particularly in the forward direction.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Fri May 28, 2021 9:42 am

Can we move this to former arsenal players now. He's shit.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sat May 29, 2021 12:55 am

Santi wrote:Can we move this to former arsenal players now. He's shit.

He was never an Arsenal player.
Being a loan player is like being the last player picking teams in the playground.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby alexafc12 » Sat May 29, 2021 8:00 am

If take him on loan again with the option to buy
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Salibatelli » Sat May 29, 2021 8:09 am

Not really fussed about him, certainly don’t want to waste more money on another loan. Would rather we bought someone, You can’t build a team with loan signings, loans are for smaller clubs who can’t afford to buy someone.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat May 29, 2021 1:03 pm

Has he actually left? I saw a farewell message from Ceballos on Insta but not one from him.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 29, 2021 3:11 pm

I reckon we'll get him for another year to allow us to spend any money we have on a CM, RB and back up LB.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat May 29, 2021 4:09 pm

Accto the Athletic, he's our number one target this summer.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk