Martin Ødegaard (8)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Martin Ødegaard

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:59 am

Zenith wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:good achievement

doubt he'll make it tbh

he only looks good because he plays his football in norway

you put crowley at 15 in norway and he's look 4x better

"4x better" what an outrageous exaggeration.

Crowley is a big talent, no question, but so is this young lad. Clearly some serious Arsenal-tinted shades there, mate.

Also; "doubt he'll make it" - based on what exactly? You haven't even seen him play once, what's there to suggest he will not make it as a professional football player?

Name me a dozen 15-year-olds who are currently reaching the same level at senior level football, then come back and tell me there's nothing exceptional or special about what this young lad is doing.

Bet you won't even manage 5.

Its madness. Crawley who is older cant even dominated the U21 league in England. Soon someone will say the U21 in England is better than the Norwegian league. Our biggest talent in the reserve went to a league 1 team and struggled and he is alot older
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Hulkibulk » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Hello! I'm from Norway, and seen him a few times. He's very big talent. The Norwegian League(Tippeligaen), you could compare to the scottish PL, if u dont count Celtic. He's still young, and he isn't very consisence yet. He went totally missing against Rosenborg in an very important match. I do think he's better than most of the players in our academy though.
But i don't think we can sign this boy. He's father and himself are bad ass Liverpool supporters, and he's already been there on training. It's also been a while since we had talents as Carew, Flo and Solskjaer in Norway, but we have had some that has not been far away the last couple of years. They all just fall trough, and that makes me sceptic about his pricetag if it's true that Stromsgodset want £10-15mill for him.
Hulkibulk
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Schlandi » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:37 pm

Hulkibulk wrote:Hello! I'm from Norway, and seen him a few times. He's very big talent. The Norwegian League(Tippeligaen), you could compare to the scottish PL, if u dont count Celtic. He's still young, and he isn't very consisence yet. He went totally missing against Rosenborg in an very important match. I do think he's better than most of the players in our academy though.
But i don't think we can sign this boy. He's father and himself are bad ass Liverpool supporters, and he's already been there on training. It's also been a while since we had talents as Carew, Flo and Solskjaer in Norway, but we have had some that has not been far away the last couple of years. They all just fall trough, and that makes me sceptic about his pricetag if it's true that Stromsgodset want £10-15mill for him.

Hijacking the thread.

What do you guys in Norway think of Bård Finne ?

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:44 pm

Hulkibulk wrote:Hello! I'm from Norway, and seen him a few times. He's very big talent. The Norwegian League(Tippeligaen), you could compare to the scottish PL, if u dont count Celtic. He's still young, and he isn't very consisence yet. He went totally missing against Rosenborg in an very important match. I do think he's better than most of the players in our academy though.

I doubt he will go for more that 5 million pound, is it true he is training with arsenal and why are they training with all of these clubs
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Hulkibulk » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:12 pm

According to british newspapers he will arrive our training ground soon, but i dont know for sure. I'm only sure that he's been training with his favorite team; Liverpool. Seen a lot of picture of him, Gerrard and Brendan Rodgers.
Hulkibulk
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Cripps » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:34 pm

Arsenal look set to become the next English club to offer Norwegian wonder kid Martin Odegaard a trial, according to reports from the Daily Mail.

Odegaard is believed to have spent last week training at Liverpool’s Melwood facilities ahead of a possible move to Anfield, but it is now believed the youngster will travel to London to train with the Gunners.

The young Norwegian has been rumoured with a move to one of Europe’s elite clubs including Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Manchester United.

Odegaard has already been capped by Norway at senior level and the Mail claim that the youngster is likely to choose a club where he can develop.

No thanks
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:12 pm

no, do not want
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby AFC10 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:11 pm

gooney wrote:

I doubt he will go for more that 5 million pound, is it true he is training with arsenal and why are they training with all of these clubs

Surely we won't have to pay anything but compensation for him as he wouldn't of signed a professional contract yet. Am i right?
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:58 am

signed for real madrid
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby GhostNL » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:31 pm

I've read somewhere he is earning 80,000 pounds per week.
What is the world coming to if this is true.
WENGER OUT!
GhostNL
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Zedie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Mesüt wrote:signed for real madrid

For real?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby John Ozil » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:06 pm

making 80k's a week....will be coached by Zidane!

the kid must be in dreamland.
#Messi4GOAT
John Ozil
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:10 pm

was breaking news on bbc yesterday - was like how da fuq that breaking news :D

but yeah no jokes Z
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:16 pm

GhostNL wrote:I've read somewhere he is earning 80,000 pounds per week.
What is the world coming to if this is true.

I doubt that's true tbh, would be outrageous even for Real Madrid standards.

Also lol at the discussion on the previous page:

"This would be a disaster";
"Looks no better than kristoffer olsson"
"Put crowley at 15 in norway and he'd look 4x better"
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby ESFSAFC » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:21 pm

https://twitter.com/nicojc5/status/552609346480513025/photo/1

Someone on twitter has mapped out Odegaard's career, wouldn't surprise me if turns out something like this
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk