Juan Fernando Quintero

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Juan Fernando Quintero

Postby Zinc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:50 am

Sims wrote:I don't know what he's gonna do, neither does anyone else. But the fact that Ornstein says we're in the market for a DM & we've been heavily linked with a few suggests that we're probably gonna get one.

I don't think it means we'll get one, but it probably means we're looking and actively pursuing targets, rubbishing comments like this:

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:A strong DM is what we are crying out for, everyone can see it apart from Wenger
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:19 am

Arsenal 'in talks to sign Colombia star Juan Quintero'

According to reports in Colombia, Juan Quintero is flying to London on Monday to finalise the deal, which could be as much as £15.8m

have opened talks with Porto over a deal for Colombia midfielder Juan Quintero.

According to reports in Colombia, Quintero is flying to London on Monday to finalise the deal, with the Gunners ready to pay £15.8 million.

However, the player's agent, Ricardo Calleri, insists Arsenal will have to meet Porto's £31m buy-out clause.

The 21-year-old was in Jose Pekerman's Colombia World Cup squad that reached the quarter-finals in Brazil.

He came off the bench in their second group game against Ivory Coast, scoring the goal that put Colombia 2-0 up, and started their 4-1 win over Japan.

One of Colombia's most reliable journalists, Diego Rueda, has supported the reports of Arsene Wenger signing Quintero, tweeting: "It's a real possibility that Juan Fernando Quintero will play with Arsenal. He would be coming to London on Monday. Wish is realised".

Quintero's arrival could signal the departure of Santi Cazorla, who has been linked with Atletico Madrid.

Cazorla, though, is keen to stay at the Emirates. He said: "My objective is always Arsenal. I have played for Arsenal for two years and I continue to play for Arsenal. They are the only club I think about.

"I want to lift as many trophies as possible with Arsenal and help them as much as I can.

"Winning the FA Cup took a lot of pressure from us. Winning a trophy after nine years relieves you, and leaves you to play with a bit more freedom. It is easier then to play even better than the year before. We would like to win trophies this year again."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ntero.html
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:25 am

Zinc wrote:
Sims wrote:I don't know what he's gonna do, neither does anyone else. But the fact that Ornstein says we're in the market for a DM & we've been heavily linked with a few suggests that we're probably gonna get one.

I don't think it means we'll get one, but it probably means we're looking and actively pursuing targets, rubbishing comments like this:

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:A strong DM is what we are crying out for, everyone can see it apart from Wenger

We will see wont we

RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby elkanofan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:39 am

Im very 50/50

We don't need him however this guy WILL become a world class player and for me is Colombia's most talented player.

He has more potential than james. Yes, I mean it. James is great but dosent have one truly outstanding aspect in his game. Quintero has a rocket free kick and shot from range and see a pass as good as anyone.

Hes your typical south american world class playmaker.

It could all be bullshit or we could buy him then loan him out and get one more year out of rozza and caz before he comes in.
Last edited by elkanofan on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:40 am

I am all for this deal. Even if do not need him we can easily make a profit of 15-20m quid easily on him if we decide to sell him after a couple of years.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:51 am

We're building a South American contingent so as to keep Sanchez company.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby squiggle » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:00 am

‘Sometimes I watch Match of the Day to see how we’ve been perceived. It’s better to watch it with the sound turned down.’
squiggle
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby gooney » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:13 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:I am all for this deal. Even if do not need him we can easily make a profit of 15-20m quid easily on him if we decide to sell him after a couple of years.

:rofll: selling him for 40 million would mean he has to be a starter for us and be one of our shining stars. He is not good enough to be a starter for us. JHe is not even the standout player for Porto hence why we are talking about 20 million euros and not 35 which is what Porto usually sells their stars for. Knowing Wenger and his lack of respect for the defensive side of football. Wouldnt be surprised if he signs an attacking midifelder instead of a quality defensive midfielder and think arteta and flamini can do it. Its like being embarrasses 3 times in row last season wasnt enough. He cant see the flaws of his stupid views
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby friedslice » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:15 am

f*ck me you're boring. weren't you quitting the forum two years ago when you tried to mug wenger and arsenal off about finishing below newcastle, made yourself look a c*nt then and every post since.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:53 am

Lol

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby JordanTheGunner » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:24 am

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:We're building a South American contingent so as to keep Sanchez company.

Would rather Gustavo or even Vidal.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GoonerBeatYa » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:32 am

This deal is dead, Infact its wasnt even alive in the first place. Never gonna happen people unless Caz is sold and Athletico have already came out public they are not interested in Caz.

" I eat football. Sleep football. I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."
- Thierry Henry
GoonerBeatYa
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Callum » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:47 am

It looks like the Colombian press did a good job of whipping some hype up and everyone took the bait. This guy is supposedly pretty good but I don't want Cazorla or Podolski sold and there's no place for Quintero unless somebody goes. No thanks.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:03 am

friedslice wrote:f*ck me you're boring. weren't you quitting the forum two years ago when you tried to mug wenger and arsenal off about finishing below newcastle, made yourself look a c*nt then and every post since.

wenger wenger proved me wrong with that fa cup :dontknow:
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:13 pm

We don't have room for Fabregas; a proven WC midfielder who can play multiple positions - yet we can manage to find room for an unproven Colombian midget... Oh the irony!
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill