Juan Fernando Quintero

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Juan Fernando Quintero

Postby Apollo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Fabregas left years ago, let him go.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:29 pm

NEVER!!!!
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zinc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:46 pm

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:
Zinc wrote:
Sims wrote:I don't know what he's gonna do, neither does anyone else. But the fact that Ornstein says we're in the market for a DM & we've been heavily linked with a few suggests that we're probably gonna get one.

I don't think it means we'll get one, but it probably means we're looking and actively pursuing targets, rubbishing comments like this:

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:A strong DM is what we are crying out for, everyone can see it apart from Wenger

We will see wont we

We've already seen, it's clear we've been in the market for a DM this summer, meaning Wenger can see we need one. Whether we get one or not is a different discussion.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zinc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:48 pm

friedslice wrote:f*ck me you're boring. weren't you quitting the forum two years ago when you tried to mug wenger and arsenal off about finishing below newcastle, made yourself look a c*nt then and every post since.

:lol:
Last edited by Zinc on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:12 pm

There are deals you make for immediate reinforcements. There are deals you make which bloom later. Sometimes you buy teenagers even if you do not need them cos not only may it prove to be financially rewarding in the long run but will also enable us to build a pool of players for us to choose from instead of paying exorbitant prices later. How much would AOC fetch now? How much does Walcott fetch now? You know Walcott cost us fecking 5m pounds as the up front fee? the Ox cost us 15m pounds but we will have a top draw player for nearly a decade and half at our disposal. Even for Jenkinson we paid a compensation of 1m pounds.

I have been a critic of wenger but sometimes you need to see things in totality. Cannot be short sighted and say oh we do not need him immediately so this is a bad deal. Yes if we do not go out and sign a combative midfielder i will be disappointed but i refuse to believe signing Quintero is going to block the arrival of a new DM. If Wenger does not sign a combative midfielder in the middle of the park by the end of the window i will be the first to criticize him but not by using Quintero as the stick. I think we have the money to get a holding midfielder over and above what we may spend on Quintero.

With Cazorla i am actually 50/50. i know he provides us god depth at both flanks cos of his ambidextrousness and can play as a CAM but he is not exactly a spring chicken and we have players who can operate there. I will leave it to Wenger to decide to offload him or not. Calum chambers is an excellent deal which actually allows us to take the fight to the sugar daddy clubs. We simply cannot go toe to toe with them when a player is ripe but we definitely can mitigate it to some extent by identifying potential players who are going to bloom later. Not only do we need finished articles but we also need potential younger players and kids to make sure we have a pool to choose from later.

Now i am not an authority on Quintero as i have not watched him enough but if Wenger believes he has the talent/potential to make the grade i am all for it. No top Striker is available now. All we need is a solid combative midfielder and if do not get him Wenger needs to shoulder the responsibility but i don't think the decision would have anything to do with whether we bought Quintero or not.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Wenger rules out move for Quintero. "That is wrong," he says.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:There are deals you make for immediate reinforcements. There are deals you make which bloom later. Sometimes you buy teenagers even if you do not need them cos not only may it prove to be financially rewarding in the long run but will also enable us to build a pool of players for us to choose from instead of paying exorbitant prices later. How much would AOC fetch now? How much does Walcott fetch now? You know Walcott cost us fecking 5m pounds as the up front fee? the Ox cost us 15m pounds but we will have a top draw player for nearly a decade and half at our disposal. Even for Jenkinson we paid a compensation of 1m pounds.

I have been a critic of wenger but sometimes you need to see things in totality. Cannot be short sighted and say oh we do not need him immediately so this is a bad deal. Yes if we do not go out and sign a combative midfielder i will be disappointed but i refuse to believe signing Quintero is going to block the arrival of a new DM. If Wenger does not sign a combative midfielder in the middle of the park by the end of the window i will be the first to criticize him but not by using Quintero as the stick. I think we have the money to get a holding midfielder over and above what we may spend on Quintero.

With Cazorla i am actually 50/50. i know he provides us god depth at both flanks cos of his ambidextrousness and can play as a CAM but he is not exactly a spring chicken and we have players who can operate there. I will leave it to Wenger to decide to offload him or not. Calum chambers is an excellent deal which actually allows us to take the fight to the sugar daddy clubs. We simply cannot go toe to toe with them when a player is ripe but we definitely can mitigate it to some extent by identifying potential players who are going to bloom later. not only do we need finished articles but we also need potential younger players and kids to make sure we have a pool to choose from later.

Now i am not an authority on Quintero as i have not watched him enough but if Wenger believes he has the talent/potential to make the grade i am all for it. No top Striker is available now. All we need is a solid combative midfielder and if do not get him Wenger needs to shoulder the responsibility but i don't think the decision would have anything to do with whether we bought Quintero or not.

:clap:

@Arsenal - Wenger rules out move for Quintero. "That is wrong," he says
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:17 pm

Sims wrote:Wenger rules out move for Quintero. "That is wrong," he says.

As i said this deal was definitely not going to affect our immediate prospects a great deal so i am happy either way.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:18 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Sims wrote:Wenger rules out move for Quintero. "That is wrong," he says.

As i said this deal was definitely not going to affect our immediate prospects a great deal so i am happy either way.

disappointed to be fair but i'm of the same opinion as you
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:00 pm

I'm glad that this appears to be a non-starter. Our squad is pretty bloated already so I want to see us buy players in positions where we're actually lacking so depth.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby JordanTheGunner » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Callum wrote:I'm glad that this appears to be a non-starter. Our squad is pretty bloated already so I want to see us buy players in positions where we're actually lacking so depth.

+1
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby yosifun » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:17 pm

I would only see the logic in this deal if we were to sell Cazorla, both deals are apparently not close to reality.
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:07 am

Salt and Wenger wrote:
Zinc wrote:I don't know how people remember all these obscure names, I watched the U20 WC, but it involved hundreds of young players, I can remember a small handful of them with clarity.

he impressed me that's how i remember him

i first watched james rodriguez in a youth international tournement too and even there he was outstanding. You just remember good players.

It's how i started following omeruo, iheanacho, di maria and haruna

i watch a lot of youth tournements that nigeria are involved in.

forgot one

joel campbell

i can much more easily remember footballers names than i can people in real life. Probably because i'm more impressed with footballers than i am people i meet.

Was it the 2010 under 20 World Cup in colombia?
Joel cambell played in that scoring twice v Australia
So did Francis coquelin who played in every game for france
He made his league debut the following week in the 8-2 defeat at man utd
It was 3-1 when he went off
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:24 am

starmandb wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:
Zinc wrote:I don't know how people remember all these obscure names, I watched the U20 WC, but it involved hundreds of young players, I can remember a small handful of them with clarity.

i first watched james rodriguez in a youth international tournement too and even there he was outstanding. You just remember good players.

forgot one

joel campbell

i can much more easily remember footballers names than i can people in real life. Probably because i'm more impressed with footballers than i am people i meet.

i think it was 2011 but yeah
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Salt and Wenger wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:

forgot one

joel campbell

i think it was 2011 but yeah

Yes 2011 sorry
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill