Juan Fernando Quintero

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Juan Fernando Quintero

Postby Ach » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:12 pm

River Plate midfielder Juan Quintero has emerged as a top transfer target for Arsenal, according to Don Balon.

Mesut Ozil has been heavily linked with an Emirates Stadium exit this summer and Unai Emery is already eyeing potential replacements.

Quintero is high on the Spaniard's list and he could be acquired for a cut price fee of around €22m ($25m, £19m).
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Re: Juan Fernando Quintero

Postby NovaGB » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:22 pm

Is he a number 10 or a attacking midfielder like Cazorla who plays deeper? because the only thing that makes sense to me right now is players that fit 343 or 433 cos Emery seems clueless on how to play 4231 wit ha number 10, so if hes a like for like player then would there be any point?

So a deeper attacking midfielder/playmaker or b2b alongside 2 types of dms, like a ball winner like Torreira and a anchor who can loft the ball like Xhaka and Guendozi makes sense, but to have 2 dms in central midfield and a number 10, won't we be in the same position?

Unless Emery does know how to utilize that system and he just can't do it with the current bunch, hence why he refuses to play Ozil?

Or even maybe he just does not like Ozil and wants him out? it really does confuse me because our players are suited to 4231 but he always plays one of the other formations, so why give himself another selection headache?

I wonder this when we are linked to Banega all the time, but watching Banega at the world cup, he has a very high defensive drive, so maybe thats the problem? what everyone always points out, Ozil does not work hard enough?
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill