Adrien Rabiot

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Adrien Rabiot

Postby tsakis » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:54 am

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/17457 ... ed?cc=5739

How do you guys feel about this potential transfer? We all know we need a tall athletic dm/cm to sort our mid out but I would rather take a guy with some experience.. On the other hand, this might be a chance to pull a "pogba" at PSG (same situation with him in Utd imho, lets hope he ends up THAT good)...

Thoughts?
tsakis
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Re: Adrien Rabiot

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:32 am

i would take him because he's an incredibly talented young player but not as first choice but to add depth and to even rotate yes ofcourse. I just dont want to be left in a situation where we have to rely only on him but other than that he has alot of potential
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GSK_AFC » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:45 am

Only seen him a handful of times because he's not getting many games considering PSGs quality midfield. I'd definitely take him but PSG would be insane to let him go considering his potential.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yago » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:12 pm

PSG are never gonna let him go. But yeah, would take him without any hesitation.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby gooney » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:30 pm

Yago wrote:PSG are never gonna let him go. But yeah, would take him without any hesitation.

Yeah they will do everything to hold on to him....massive star for the future
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:55 pm

gooney wrote:
Yago wrote:PSG are never gonna let him go. But yeah, would take him without any hesitation.

Yeah but they have money to burn. They might sell him to make room for a big name midfielder like Pogba. He might also want a move if he thinks he'll play more with us.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
gooney wrote:

Yeah but they have money to burn. They might sell him to make room for a big name midfielder like Pogba. He might also want a move if he thinks he'll play more with us.

They have money to burn, but they also said thye want a french base in their team, hence why they went for cabaye
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:00 pm

gooney wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
gooney wrote:

They have money to burn, but they also said thye want a french base in their team, hence why they went for cabaye

What nationality is Pogba? :dontknow:
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:07 pm

It's not that much of a challenge getting big clubs to part with promising stars. Most big clubs are resigned to losing alot of hugely talented youngsters due to the pressure of having to prioritise proven stars.

If he's good and knows he's good, and he's not getting the game time, then there is a chance.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:15 pm

^ a bit like how we got cesc
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:39 pm

PG

My point is PSG has made it clear they want the best french players playing for them, unlike us who has said nationality doesnt matter, They will do everything to keep the ebst player coming through their ranks for years
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:39 am

gooney wrote:PG

My point is PSG has made it clear they want the best french players playing for them, unlike us who has said nationality doesnt matter, They will do everything to keep the ebst player coming through their ranks for years

They are one of the richest clubs in the world, the only club in paris, the biggest club in france with possibly monaco as an exception.

When money is no object and there arent any competitors, its pretty clear to follow any transfer strategy you please.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:20 am

Zedie wrote:

They are one of the richest clubs in the world, the only club in paris, the biggest club in france with possibly monaco as an exception.

When money is no object and there arent any competitors, its pretty clear to follow any transfer strategy you please.

True, but once again. Im saying what they have said themselves. That they want to be the face of french football and have all the best french players play for them. I read an interview with their chairman and he said they will do their best to get the best french players. Its not about money, its about identity.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:54 am

gooney wrote:
Zedie wrote:

True, but once again. Im saying what they have said themselves. That they want to be the face of french football and have all the best french players play for them. I read an interview with their chairman and he said they will do their best to get the best french players. Its not about money, its about identity.

You need money to gain the homegrown identity though. Id shudder to think how much the top tier international squad would cost for a ln english club.

All that transfer money for England lol

Theres very little if anything that doesnt factor money in, in football. Creating a managers ideal team takes millions.

Look at what pellegrini and mourinho have spent. Chelsea arent even half way done imo.

Theyll probably go big for 2 strikers

1 big name 50m upwards
1 lower tier 20m

More CBs (when I say CBs, I mean anyone from AM downwards).

Mourinho will piss off at the end of next season, a new manager will come in and buy whoever is in fashion.

City will have a change at the top and the new manager will buy players from his last league/whoever is in fashion.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:43 pm

Playing against Reims now. Looks such a good player.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill