Virgil van Dijk

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Virgil van Dijk

Postby Zedie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:48 pm

Mustafi wrote:
Zedie wrote:I can normally see daylight, but the club is really pissing me off now with the nonsense. We are a week away from the end of the window and we've flopped out of Lemar and look to have shut up shop.

Meanwhile, we are shifting or considering moving the wrong players, welbeck and Walcott are comfy right now but they should be at the top of the get rid list.

Players like ox and mustafi aren't as bad or even the worst players we should be shifting and that's what's pissing me off the most. You get rid or phase out the worst, replace with the best and keep doing that until it's hard to pick a weak link.

We have brought in quality but not enough for What we need. We count the likes of cazorla and Wilshere as genuine options when everyone knows they'll struggle to contribute consistently and when we need it.

All in all, I can see us standing still in 4th place this year with a good run in EL.

I'm not even stressed about losing to stoke, more pissed that we had welbeck on the pitch to score us goals and Walcott on to add threat when neither of them can do it consistently and Walcott especially against a parked bus.

I guess I was hoping for a token effort at addressing our issues for just one summer, but yet again we look like falling short.

Tbh even if we tried to get rid of someone like Walcott, we can't. Similar like with Gibbs, Debuchy, Jenkinson and others, they are all overpaid.

It's easier to get rid of players like Gabriel, Ox and Mustafi, who have more quality to offer and (still) aren't on crazy wages.

Our club has been managed into this mess by Wenger and the board.
I hate myself, when i return to be too emotionally invested in Arsenal, because I know, that it ends bad. Nobody should invest too much nerves and feelings into this great club with Wenger and Stan managing it.
It was crazy that some of us thought/hoped that Wenger will be different this year. We are destined to fail with him unfortunately. Pudpop did something, I wish I could do and left all this, until Wenger fucks off.

Even then, if Walcott and welbs are too expensive to shift, drop the transfer value until the buying club can afford that player. Don't play them or leave them sitting and use them just because you feel you have to. Adebayor, nasri, Chelsea loan squad, Rooney, even spurs have taken their loses on the chin and moved on but we can't.

It's so clear we need better than them and we have the capacity to do it, but we won't. At a minimum, a new manager wouldn't be worried about playing his wild card and rebuilding the squad, but Wenger can't bare to get rid of guys he believes in.

We need better, we just won't utilise it. Hell I'd have more faith in Perez and Campbell but of course they don't get a look in. even if they are below what I want, at a minimum they are above what he keeps putting out in those two.

The window will close and I'll chill out but while we have the chance to right some wrongs, I'm going to be pissed at our dealings.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:11 pm

I miss Joel, he was good.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Callum » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:38 pm

Buy him and play him at CM.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:46 pm

Callum wrote:Buy him and play him at CM.

Rwb
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:59 pm

If we sell mustafi its not because we want to by this guy its more to do with wenger fast tracking holding.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:51 am

Zedie wrote:
Callum wrote:Buy him and play him at CM.

Rwb

heathen
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Gs1981 wrote:i dont think he will be a upgrade from Mustafi, its much easier to look good in smaller teams, hes a good replacement but i'm not sold hes the answer.

Playing alongside Mustafi and selling Monreal would have made much more sense.

.....but this is Arsenal we don't do sense.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Cripps » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:29 pm

Meanwhile, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has not given up hope of signing Monaco winger Thomas Lemar, 22, and Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk, 26, although it might be next season before they finally complete a move. (Sun)
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:20 pm

Meanwhile, the gunners boss has set his sights on snagging mbappe in August 2023.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:06 am

Meanwhile arsene wenger has cte and forgets if he bid for lemar.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:28 am

Problem is we swap Mustafi who has just gained an invaluable year's experience, for this lad at a cost of many millions and no doubt another ridiculous salary ... but is he any better? last year Southampton shipped even more goals than us ...

Southampton have sold a bunch of players for big bucks, most haven't done that well ...

Mustafi may have his issues but he deserves a second season ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:59 am

next season lool. The scariest thing is he is giving Holding experience he is not ready for. even against man city u23 he was the worst defender on the pitch. Yes he is only 20 and can improve. But he should be nothing but backup
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby yadunoe » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Please wenger for the love of god if you do one thing good in your life please buy this guy please I beg of you
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Alexis » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:28 pm

Cripps wrote:
Meanwhile, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has not given up hope of signing Monaco winger Thomas Lemar, 22, and Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk, 26, although it might be next season before they finally complete a move. (Sun)

fukin sun, guessing machine at its finest
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby BS221B » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:56 pm

Liverpool bids him over £75m.

Finally that Kloppo is not f***ing around.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill