Antoine Griezmann

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Antoine Griezmann

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:26 pm

No1Fan wrote:
Zëdië wrote:Do you think the signing of this guy would see pod/walcott moving up top more perminantly?

that or it signals the end of podolskis career here. I tend to agree with gooney on podolski, i dont think wenger rates him that highly

That would mean Wenger is going senile in his old age! Pod hasn't been given a run in the first team at his most comfortable position.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:31 pm

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:
No1Fan wrote:
Zëdië wrote:Do you think the signing of this guy would see pod/walcott moving up top more perminantly?

that or it signals the end of podolskis career here. I tend to agree with gooney on podolski, i dont think wenger rates him that highly

That would mean Wenger is going senile in his old age! Pod hasn't been given a run in the first team at his most comfortable position.

we dont play with a second striker so that will never happen
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:36 pm

I recon pod is still being eased in. 5 months is a long time and we need to take care of him now in case he has a relapse.

that and caz links up much more with the other mids inside, where as pod is more of an outside player. Caz is a lot more useful against teams with a weaker centre.

Pod will probably get some games this month.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:41 pm

Zëdië wrote:I recon pod is still being eased in. 5 months is a long time and we need to take care of him now in case he has a relapse.

that and caz links up much more with the other mids inside, where as pod is more of an outside player. Caz is a lot more useful against teams with a weaker centre.

Pod will probably get some games this month.

Agree with the Podolski part. Wenger did the same with Walcott. I expect Podolski to make a big difference in the next few games.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:31 pm

No1Fan wrote:name a winger in a top league that has done better in terms of goal scoring? this guy has scored more goals than our only striker giroud so i think you better do some research or watch a game of football before you go and dismiss someone who is actually proven.

Yes i know he hasnt got the hype of people like draxler who has struggled to make half his impact this season but this guy is a quality footballer and a constant threat unlike draxler who's wildly overrated by people on here.

if you are so in the know name me a wide player who has is more of a goal threat than griezmann?

Firstly I didn't say "I was in the know about Griezman" I said it looks like the familiar "we need a striker so he goes for a cheaper option" routine.

Secondly "if you are so in the know name me a wide player who has is more of a goal threat than griezmann?", Walcott, Ronaldo, Bale, wise arse.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:43 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:So then why isn't he aiming higher than this guy then?

DiamondGooner wrote:
Secondly "if you are so in the know name me a wide player who has is more of a goal threat than griezmann?", Walcott, Ronaldo, Bale, wise arse.

:rofll:

so you ask why wenger isnt aiming higher and then you're suggestions as aiming higher are ronaldo bale and a player we already have?

Ok mate i get that you dont know much about world football but please dont go around criticizing decisions that you do not understand. If you want wenger to sign a striker that has looked dog shit against every top team he has played against (martinez) or a player who's release clause is only active during the summer and is currently in his own title race (costa) then thats your flawed opinion. But if you know nothing about a player dont pretend as if you do.

A goal scoring wide player could be just as helpful as a striker, greizmann has scored 12 league goals this season, more league goals than anyone in our team.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:03 pm

No1Fan wrote:

DiamondGooner wrote:

so you ask why wenger isnt aiming higher and then you're suggestions as aiming higher are ronaldo bale and a player we already have?

Ok mate i get that you dont know much about world football but please dont go around criticizing decisions that you do not understand. If you want wenger to sign a striker that has looked dog shit against every top team he has played against (martinez) or a player who's release clause is only active during the summer and is currently in his own title race (costa) then thats your flawed opinion. But if you know nothing about a player dont pretend as if you do.

A goal scoring wide player could be just as helpful as a striker, greizmann has scored 12 league goals this season, more league goals than anyone in our team.

Lewendowski is the first real sick cf goal threat bayern have had (they could have done much better than mandzukic for ages). Up until now, their WFs and AMs have made the lion share of the difference for them imo.

Not a bad direction to go, especially considering our formation and style of play practically demands goals from midfield.

christ, look at the scum without their left wing wonder! Obviously, bale is a cut above the rest but The point still stands, a goal scoring winger dragged a whole team to an artificial spot that they couldnt achieve without him.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:14 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Firstly I didn't say "I was in the know about Griezman" I said it looks like the familiar "we need a striker so he goes for a cheaper option" routine.

It's nothing like that. Griezmann will probably cost us £20m or more (making him our second most expensive signing of all-time) and there are a number of strikers who would be easier to get and for a lot less. I'm dubious about our interest here though as it looks more and more like Wenger has his eyes firmly set on Draxler.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:32 pm

Callum wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Firstly I didn't say "I was in the know about Griezman" I said it looks like the familiar "we need a striker so he goes for a cheaper option" routine.

It's nothing like that. Griezmann will probably cost us £20m or more (making him our second most expensive signing of all-time) and there are a number of strikers who would be easier to get and for a lot less. I'm dubious about our interest here though as it looks more and more like Wenger has his eyes firmly set on Draxler.

i hope not 1 league goal this season is appalling and is worse than the form that has made some people think we should get rid of santi this season (think wrongly imo)
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:37 pm

Anyone who says we should get rid of Cazorla is either a moron or an attention seeker.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:46 pm

he is both.

edit: misread whatever
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:06 pm

Dejan wrote:he is both.

edit: misread whatever

nice try mate next time read whats there and not what you want to be there
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Shut up » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:14 pm

Callum wrote:Anyone who says we should get rid of Cazorla is either a moron or an attention seeker.
Shut up
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:14 pm

No1Fan wrote:

DiamondGooner wrote:

The WUM bandit has returned, didn't take long did it? you still didn't tell me where you got that snazzy shirt from ArsenalNo1fan.

Get this through your head, why do we need another fkin winger when we have 3 able to play and one who is a starter returning next season? that'll be 5 wide players for two spots not to mention the CAM's we play wide i.e Cazorla and Wilshere, 7 players for two slots, so excuse me if I want to improve the area of offense where we're lacking and will actually make a difference as in add to the team not replace one goal threat while the other capable guy is sitting on the bench.

I want two scoring wingers and a scoring striker not two wingers and 5 others sitting on the bench, while in the mean time we have one striker to speak of.

Is that clear enough for you? actually don't even reply to me your not even supposed to be posting here.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:31 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
The WUM bandit has returned, didn't take long did it? you still didn't tell me where you got that snazzy shirt from ArsenalNo1fan.

Get this through your head, why do we need another fkin winger when we have 3 able to play and one who is a starter returning next season? that'll be 5 wide players for two spots not to mention the CAM's we play wide i.e Cazorla and Wilshere, 7 players for two slots, so excuse me if I want to improve the area of offense where we're lacking and will actually make a difference as in add to the team not replace one goal threat while the other capable guy is sitting on the bench.

I want two scoring wingers and a scoring striker not two wingers and 5 others sitting on the bench, while in the mean time we have one striker to speak of.

Is that clear enough for you? actually don't even reply to me your not even supposed to be posting here.

please could you refrain from calling me a 'wum bandit' flaming is supposedly not allowed on this forum. Our wide players right now consist of theo ox podolski and gnabry. Santi has been used out wide this season and at the end of last but hasnt looked great there and wilshere has only been used there because of injuries but is slowly being moved central again.

As i said earlier i dont think wenger rates podolski as a wide option and i think he wants someone who contributes a bit more in build up> Greizmann also has better off the ball movement than podolski and like theo he is constantly trying to break the offside trap something that podolski doesnt do. I think podolski if he has a future here, will be deployed centrally and judging by wengers comments podolskis work in training has been directed at learning to perform the cf role better.

"He can play that central role when he is completely fit and is one of the potential assets we have there.

"When he is physically ready, he will of course help us

he said that recently about podolski and i think wenger will probably lean towards that direction as he cannot find real quality in this window
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill